Immersive Gameplay suggestions

+
When playing Cyberpunk (or any rpg where I can create and customize my own character), I try to immerse myself in the world and my character.

I do love cyberpunk in what different options it provides and ways it lets me play the game. However, there are a few changes I'd love to see in the game that add immersion - or break immersion to me, due to their absence.

None of them change the gameplay in any meaningful way, and may seem trivial to some of you. However, they are important to me, so I wanted to share them here in the vain hope someone else likes them or a dev reads this. And I am aware there are mods for many items on my list, but playing on PS5, I cannot access them.

1. Cyberware body appearance

Throughout the game, I stumble upon NPC's who seem to show visible changes on their body due to what I assume are cyberware modifications. Like this:

Cyberpunk 2077_20230702194742.jpg

Cyberpunk 2077_20230702194818.jpg

As a player, except for the arms cyberware, every piece of tech goes without a trace. I would love if a fully upgraded V actually displays how much your body has been altered. You don't look like a Maelstromer (no pun intended for those who want to), and you do look still distinctly human. But it's also obvious you have some massive upgrades.

To me, I'd love if this would be a natural progression. Like in, certain kinds of cyberware (not all) automatically add a physical appearance change to it when implemented. And the more of these you add, the more you look like in this picture.

If that's too much of a drastic change, or people are against it and want to keep their V appearance like it's now, a simple slider option like you have for face cyberware is fine too.

But visually sacrificing some small parts of your humanity (even if tastefully discreet) in order to become a better merc is part of this universe, to me.

And I am hoping, since it's technically already in the game, it would also be easy to implement (though I don't know anything about game development, so I may be massively wrong).

2. Toned body

Depending how you play the game, V can be a very physical character. Yet for the female V, she's slender and thin - which doesn't really reflect a street samurai style who dashes crosses the battlefield and wields a blade in close combat. Even though the cyberware does most of the heavy lifting, you gotta be physically fit for that. And I am not talking about a massive bulky frame, but toned arms, shoulders and midriff should be the consequences of this way of living/ fighting. So just having the options by slider to switch between a more slender and a fitter/ toned body would greatly add to the immersion to me. Especially as the arms are near constantly visible and your way to interact with the game.

3. More and less tattoos.

Sounds weird, let me explain. I do wish for my V to have tattoos, but I do not like the full tattoo packages the game offers. I like some out of a package, but not the whole package. For my current play through, I'd love to get my V a sleeve tattoo on one of her arms. But just that.

Generally, I'd like to have more options between "no tattoo" and full body set". The body packages feel generic - like designed from scratch as a fully body tattoo with a specific theme in mind (which is probably the case). If you take Judy, on the other hand, she looks like a more natural progression. Like someone who has a lot of tattoos eventually, but they came one by one, like a real person would do. And while they reflect her style and personality, it doesn't look like tattoos she picked from a themed checklist.

Of course, adding new tattoos to reflect a more natural style would be amazing- but maybe a first step could be to make NPC tattoos (I've seen shoulder and belly tattoos on NPC's) available?

And by splitting the body sets. As in, split the body sets into multiple pieces (torso, left arm, right arm, left leg, right leg, back) so people can just pic parts of a set? Of course, being able to combine them would be neat, but adding different layers might make this too complicated, in terms of effort?

Of course, new design (images, words and sentences, or even memories of V events during the course of game) would be more than welcome.

4. Facial scar.

I know, scars are in the game. I just thought that after a certain mission, and a drastic change into V's life, a scar where the bullet hit you would greatly add to the immersion. It's not about it being large or ruining your appearance, just a small but visible mark on a life changing event in V's life. And if players don't like, it can be removed on a ripperdoc for 20.000 (or any substantial and reasonable amount). Or, if that's too heavy, a slider option that cannot be chosen on character creation but only after said quest.

5. Toe nail polish.

Okay, this is probably the pettiest one for everyone but me. And I easily see why. But alas, I would love the option to add polish to V toe nails as well. The colors are already part of the game, no need for long toenail options. Just add a slider to apply nail polish to toes. I know, petty - but I'd love it.

6. More piercings

Specifically, a belly button piercing. Just available by slider.

7. Rings and bracelets

Since most of the time, my hands and arms are the only thing I can see of me, I'd love to add some personalization to how I look. Wear a bracelet, whether it's leather with a skull or a fine jewelry or multiple rings - to customize my lower hands more would feel nice. And add some visual changes to that part of V I can actually see while playing. A completely new item category is probably way too much effort, but by adding it by sliders during creation?

Thank you everyone who's been reading this far. As I said, none of this has any major (or probably any) significant impact on the overall gameplay. It just adds a lot of immersion to me and the way you can play the game. And to me, immersion and getting lost in night city with my V is what appeals to me when I play Cyberpunk.

Hope I didn't break or bend any rules when I posted this, and I am aware chances are slim this gets noticed. But I least wanted to say what I would, personally, love to see in the game.

Last edited:
the only hope , CDPR do the same as the witcher 3 NG , add on console some most popular mod as a "native " feature on console .
playing the game both on PS5 and PC , indeed when you do an other run it feel new and more immersive with all those mods :).

reminds me my first time playing the game without the mods . all npc , cars , city 're damn great / immersive but our character feel too " generic" : why i can't get the cool stuff xD .

the most funny thing , let the player pick option for the body but in-game it use a default one ..Oo

Top Bottom