Timing of the holocalls

+
Hello.

There is a immersion thing I noticed from day one that did not change much - texting changed for better - more or less, but rest of communication is still too artificial in its timing.

The holocalls around quests and gigs are suffering this strange timing - namely all the reactions are instant.

Fixer calling me, right as I grab the thing, kill a target or pull up with the stolen van containing some tech, about how it was greatly done and how his people are already working on it is very odd. Or how "the word got around" to the fixer about the target resting in piece - the very second the bullet exited their scull is just immersion breaking.

Same with cyberpsycho reactions from Regina. V takes poorPsycho down, sends what he found to Regina and she instantly replys wall of text about all that she found out based on your finds ... in a microsecond. - Immersion breaking ! 8C

I suggest blanketly adding a mild delay, something like 30 seconds or maybe a couple of minutes, before people text you back or call you as a reaction or summary of a gig/quest. It would add feeling of things taking some time to happen. It would be more immersive in other words.

I understand it is maybe too late - but his isnt a big feature.

So maybe one day a mod xD if you wont have time to get around to it.

Respectfully your fan

Hello.

There is a immersion thing I noticed from day one that did not change much - texting changed for better - more or less, but rest of communication is still too artificial in its timing.

The holocalls around quests and gigs are suffering this strange timing - namely all the reactions are instant.

Fixer calling me, right as I grab the thing, kill a target or pull up with the stolen van containing some tech, about how it was greatly done and how his people are already working on it is very odd. Or how "the word got around" to the fixer about the target resting in piece - the very second the bullet exited their scull is just immersion breaking.

Same with cyberpsycho reactions from Regina. V takes poorPsycho down, sends what he found to Regina and she instantly replys wall of text about all that she found out based on your finds ... in a microsecond. - Immersion breaking ! 8C

I suggest blanketly adding a mild delay, something like 30 seconds or maybe a couple of minutes, before people text you back or call you as a reaction or summary of a gig/quest. It would add feeling of things taking some time to happen. It would be more immersive in other words.

Respectfully your fan
Fully agree and rooting for you. Also wished there was an option for messages to appear entirely on screen without the game pausing. Same for the shards.

If a realistic typing delay was added there would be people complaining about how long messaging takes. Either way there will be complaints.

I just wish when someone told me they'd call me in a couple of days they didn't call me later that same day instead. I'd like some time to goof off without having to memory hole that you called already thanks.

Hello.

Respectfully your fan
Good point! Im fully agreed with you. this holocalls behavior is not immersive and pretty odd. You just killed the target and your fixer knows everything about it instantly! Even if you stay in bloody combat right after the target kill and have no time to breath - your fixer already knows all the nasty details -"Car is on the way" - Godlike.
But on the other hand such call behavior makes the game simply faster. And that's a plus i think. You know what will happen anyway. After the job your fixer will contact you. Always the same. So why waiting? It can be cut short. At the end you get one less immersive but more intensive experience of the gameplay. I think that the point.

I would make the argument, that at least with the fixers, not the other side characters, that IF the Fixer knows V is on site, and they're monitoring the situation They would be waiting for an update or report, from V, OR would be ready to send in cars or update V of changes.

The point being, they know a ride may need to be sent in, or they know there is a situation they're monitoring, or they know the is a potential hitch (Think optional Objectives) that they may need to react to, so they're "close by the phone" Just in case.

Of course, this doesn't apply to all situations only certain Gigs and Side Jobs. And the annoying habit of "Main Calls" that can't be ignored or skipped forcing their way through during inopportune times could stand to be fixed. But honestly the rapidness of the calls in situation that make less sense than the situations I just lined out chalk that up to videogame/player convivence. IF it took too long for the response or the reward, sure it would be "More realistic" or more "immersive", but it would also slow the pace of the game, which opens the door to other complaints so it's sort of a balance thing I guess, finding that "Sweet Spot" of response time, but when in doubt best to side with player engagement than realism at least that's my opinion.

If a realistic typing delay was added there would be people complaining about how long messaging takes. Either way there will be complaints.
Couldn’t care less but the 10 seconds Ashley needs to write „ok“ is somewhat funny… it’s not like she bombs you with textwalls but than for these two letters you wait an eternity x‘)

Couldn’t care less but the 10 seconds Ashley needs to write „ok“ is somewhat funny… it’s not like she bombs you with textwalls but than for these two letters you wait an eternity x‘)

It's Ashlay. And it's a he. Check quest description. :D But yes, taking 10 seconds to write "kk" is pretty funny. The other hand most likely preoccupied with aforementioned pizza.

Not texting - holocalls. Regina reacting instantly is odd cause she is suppose to do some research and that, I AM SOORY FRIEND, takes time.

So no not realistic delay when texting wtih Panam - that is not what I am talking about nor it ever was.
Post automatically merged:

Good point! Im fully agreed with you. this holocalls behavior is not immersive and pretty odd. You just killed the target and your fixer knows everything about it instantly! Even if you stay in bloody combat right after the target kill and have no time to breath - your fixer already knows all the nasty details -"Car is on the way" - Godlike.
But on the other hand such call behavior makes the game simply faster. And that's a plus i think. You know what will happen anyway. After the job your fixer will contact you. Always the same. So why waiting? It can be cut short. At the end you get one less immersive but more intensive experience of the gameplay. I think that the point.
Well sure it is faster, but it seems odd to me. And breaks my immersion a little. I think 10-30 secons would probably be the good spot.

Top Bottom