Improving the sense of speed

+
Hello there!
I'm all new to this forum, and fairly new to the game (I'm on my third playthrough though hehe) and I must say that I'm really enjoying it!
I love the "universe", lore, combat, story etc. All in all, possibly the most enjoyable game I've played for a while.

Since I'm all new to this forum, I am not able to create a specific thread yet, but haven't been able to find any which regards the following subject:
SPEED PERCEPTION
Firstly I'll say that I love cars, bikes etc. and think that there are some really cool ones in the game. My concern/question is regarding the perception of speed when driving/riding. I'm not talking about KPH/MPH, distance or anything like that, but the "feel" of speed seems really lacking in my experience - I enjoy driving everywhere and not using fast travel as much as possible.

FYI as I mentioned, I'm playing on a PS5. Don't know if the other platforms have similar "issues".

My personal OBSERVATIONS/things I think could factor in:
- Lack of windnoise, noise from tires etc.
- High speed doesn't seem to affect vision (blurred surrounding, "blurred/long lights" etc). - Don't know if this is intended, as the eyes are implants though. I do think this could make a huge difference in feeling the speed though.
- Other cars on the road - When driving for example 150-200 mph you should be flying past the other cars on the road, but I don't think the difference between let's say 70 mph and 140 mph reads very well.
- The above mentioned pointers I think are the most prominent when you go 100 - 200 mph, meaning I think the perception of accelerating reads better at lower speeds.

(I only drive in 1st-person)

I know this seems like a long complain/post, but I would like to state that I really love the game. Just think this would give such a great boost to the immersiveness/experience.
Much praise and love
<3

"IMPROVING THE SENSE OF SPEED"

Have you tried setting the FOV on 70? Found that setting the most accurate experiencing the sense of speed.

Top Bottom