Dear devs, could you add unified steering rates and adjustable max acceleration rates for driving?

+

Suggestions in the video:

• Add option for unified steering rate ( all vehicles getting same steering rate)
  • Add option for unified acceleration pedal rate (limits the maximum depression of the pedal)

Explanation: For me driving in Cyberpunk is the core experience. I love just to drive through the city with various vehicles and in various locations.

However I noticed that some vehicles are not fun to drive and some are not fun to drive in specific location. And I narrowed down the issue to steering sensitivity and acceleration rate.

In real life whether you drive a super car with light steering or a delivery van with slower steering, you as a driver have the fine motor control to steer the car just the right amount required for the curve. In the game however this is not possible because all cars have different steering rates. If they were all unified to the same value, then it would be fixed. Because 99% of the driving in the game whether it is a mission or not, is not rallye driving with drifting and taking curves at high speeds.

I also think that what makes driving "fun" is basically how much precise control the player has over the car.
  • This is why motorbikes are perceived as "more fun" by most players.
  • The underlying reason is that their steering stiffens up and is less about steering column but the leaning of the driver into the curve.
  • Basically the realistic leaning that the devs added to bikes "saved" them from the variable steering rates that cars suffer from.
  • Incidently the delivery van has a very similar "total" steering sensitivity (after combining motorcycle steering and leaning) as the motorcycles which makes that car very fun to drive.

The second point is to have an adjustable limit on acceleration.

In most real life and ingame driving situations, you would probably only depress the pedal for acceleration 10-20% in normal driving. You depress it, the car slowly accelerates and you have precise control over the speed. Ingame the pedal is depressed to the max very quickly which takes away that precision.

So how to change that?

I would like to suggest adding a hotkey (left control + mousewheel) to adjust max pedal depression. So players can quickly set it to the desired value.

Top Bottom