In-game clock frozen, day / night cycle problem

+
I'm experiencing an issue with the in-game digital clock (just below the map) and day / night cycle, where the clock is stuck on the same time no matter how long I navigate around the city in free-roam. The only way to progress through the time of day is to manually skip time in the options / character / journal menu screen.

Therefore there is no natural day / night cycle in the game anymore, unless I change the time of day manually. I'm on Xbox One X and this is a recent problem since the last two patches. I'm up to date with patches.

The clock does change when I do missions, I recently completed the Ghost Town mission with Panam and the clock is now stuck on 11:45pm and will not move on from there unless I skip time manually. I've tried sleeping in the apartment but that doesn't work either.

Is anyone else experiencing this and is there a way to put it back to normal?

Thanks

Loading a save game before the issue started to happen, might solve it.

You can also report it to CDPR support here:
(but check out their suggestion first - if you do write a report it‘s usually good to mention when the problem started to happen)

I don't remember exactly when it started to happen and what auto / manual save came just before it, or what triggered it to even start happening. It was some time after the 1.05 patch and is still there after several attempted workarounds, seems to be permanent from what I can see. I'll start a new game with a different lifepath and see if it's still in that game.

I have sent a message a few days ago through the technical support to CDPR but I think there is a huge backlog, plus I can't give a lot of info about it for them to investigate, so may well abandon my current playthrough I guess.
Post automatically merged:

I started a new Corpo game and the in-game clock is back to normal now, so something has happened with that save, but I don't know what so it could happen in the new game too I guess.

Last edited:
I have been experiencing the same issue. My initial game play cycle worked fine, but somewhere around the 1.05 or 1.06 patch I noticed I was stuck at 1:20 AM. Upon sleeping, the clock moved to 7:20 AM. I can force time forward by waiting/sleeping, but the time will not progress on its own. I did start one side gig (where you have to steal a car by uploading a virus) and didn't complete it as my level was too low, but the issue was already occurring before that and I have completed every Mission and Side Mission upon starting them. The 1.1 update did not fix this issue as I had hoped and I have played a considerable amount with this occurring; loading an earlier save is not an option at this point as I would lose many hours of gameplay. Just wanted to chime in that you are not alone in experiencing this; thank you for posting!

I never seen the clock move forward.
Only main missions and some gigs will move game time forward.

I could clear whole watson before heist and time would never move.

I'm experiencing an issue with the in-game digital clock (just below the map) and day / night cycle, where the clock is stuck on the same time no matter how long I navigate around the city in free-roam. The only way to progress through the time of day is to manually skip time in the options / character / journal menu screen.

Therefore there is no natural day / night cycle in the game anymore, unless I change the time of day manually. I'm on Xbox One X and this is a recent problem since the last two patches. I'm up to date with patches.

The clock does change when I do missions, I recently completed the Ghost Town mission with Panam and the clock is now stuck on 11:45pm and will not move on from there unless I skip time manually. I've tried sleeping in the apartment but that doesn't work either.

Is anyone else experiencing this and is there a way to put it back to normal?

Thanks
Finishing Ghost Town also froze time for me.
1) Scorpion died
2) Went to get hellman
3) After leaving Hellman with Takemura, time has been frozen at 10pm.

Finishing Ghost Town also froze time for me.
1) Scorpion died
2) Went to get hellman
3) After leaving Hellman with Takemura, time has been frozen at 10pm.
Hi guys, anyone had any luck with this? The exact same thing happened to me as above, playing on Xbox one X

Having the same problem, never had it happen before 1.3 patch with about 600 hours worth of game time and different playthroughs BUT...
I'm on PC so it's not just on Xbox then.

The CDPR support link I mentioned above can be found for all platforms. For PC it's here, for example:

Please make sure to try to verify/repair first as suggested in this article from support.

If nothing helps it's best to contact them via this website.

Reinstalled the game yesterday. Appears to be the start of the quest tapeworm that caused mine. I was skipping the dialogue which somehow caused time to stop as well. Noticed that time is sped up during the scene with Hellman in the hotel room before that, so maybe that has something to do with it. Reloaded a save from 10 min earlier and didn't skip any dialogue and it now works.

Top Bottom