Increasing Forum Participation/Vitality

+

What changes in the forums do you believe would increase participation?

• Total voters
Discord is eating all the online forums. Which is a bit sad because the quality of the content and censorship of discord is not always the best.

I don't believe CDPR developers should post on the forums at all. I remember the old Bioware forums where devs did that and it ended up with the forums being shut down. Players would hold developers to things they said unofficially or interpret an individual developer's position as representative of the entire company, leading to a crazy mismatch in expectations, contradictory messaging and developers saying stupid things that invite hate mobs onto them and reflected badly on their colleagues by association. The general public is a pack of animals. Interacting with the general public needs to be controlled or things get out of hand real fast.

Forums are what forum community members make of them. One of the things I really dislike about troubleshooting/bug hunting on these forums is the tendency for people to just link to REDSupport before any information is shared and before the source of the problem has even been identified. When people see there is nothing to discuss, they just skip the forums entirely and slam REDSupport's private issue tracker, presumably with a problem they don't know how to reproduce and which has not been independently verified.

I look at the most active bug hunting threads like the corrupted save file thread, the 1.1 item randomization bug thread, the remote code exploit pre 1.1 and they were full of people sharing ideas and test methodologies. There were lots of people comparing data and contributing verifiable results to a dataset that enabled the developers to quickly identify and solve a problem. And if it doesn't do that, screw it. We had a good, productive chat going and we learned a few things about the game anyway.

I dislike how segregated subforums are. Why are there 2 inactive fanart subforums when there could be 1 slightly more active subforum? Its not like people don't put Witcher or Cyberpunk in their post title to indicate which game they are posting fanart for.

Why does the story section have subforums for main quests/side quests/gigs? Why cant we just have 1 non spoiler forum and 1 story spoiler forum? Why are half the posts in the side job subforum related to quest bugs? These are threads that are never seen by people who frequent the technical subforum!

The modding subforum is not active enough to have its own subforum. I don't know why modding contributions cant just be accepted under gameplay or general, or why gameplay and general are even separate subforums. Because as soon as a moderator moves a thread to the modding subforum, nobody sees it, because nobody spends time there but most of the posts have less than 10 replies with days or weeks between them, so they go to discord for mod talk instead. The discords are very active on this subject.

I feel like the forum is subdivided too many ways for how many active posters there are. This is like the nexus forums - there are so many subforums that are so narrow/specific in scope, they end up being deserted islands where a few people become stranded and cut off from all the other islands.

Nexus despite being the single largest repository of mods for a wide variety of games is ironically the last place you should go to learn how to mod games. The reason why the discord communities are great for learning how to mod is because its easy to collaboratively problem solve in real time.

I do not believe this forum needs more publicity. It is the top search result if you type "cyberpunk forum" into DuckDuckGo. This is the first port of call for people who seek information about the game so its important for forum members to talk and exchange ideas, but to do that, we all need to be on the same island.

The search features of this forum are actually good, unlike reddit which has absolutely garbage search tools. So this is a potentially great place to archive useful or interesting information and to update it to create living documents - guides, tutorials etc. There is so much potential. But its up to users to write things down that interest them or to document an answer to a question, or to link to a question that has been previously answered or to update an old post with current information and keep the document alive.

Last edited:
I don't believe CDPR developers should post on the forums at all. I remember the old Bioware forums where devs did that and it ended up with the forums being shut down. Players would hold developers to things they said unofficially or interpret an individual developer's position as representative of the entire company, leading to a crazy mismatch in expectations, contradictory messaging and developers saying stupid things that invite hate mobs onto them and reflected badly on their colleagues by association. The general public is a pack of animals. Interacting with the general public needs to be controlled or things get out of hand real fast.
Bioware forums got shut down because of lack of Bioware interest in them, they didn't even really bother to moderate them in latter days. Devs long beforehand had decamped to twitter. Personally i liked that there seemed to be some dev interaction here after TW3's launch.It would of course have been tougher with Cyberpunk given its very flawed nature but still a shame it's lapsed.

i believe the next gen update will help but i am new here and have had Witcher 3 for a while just never jumped in. i came here after CP77 and i am blown away that the Witcher is this good considering my first CDPR game was CP77

Witcher 3 story is 10x better than everything cyberpunk

i believe the next gen update will help but i am new here and have had Witcher 3 for a while just never jumped in. i came here after CP77 and i am blown away that the Witcher is this good considering my first CDPR game was CP77

Witcher 3 is the GOAT, my friend. Congrats on playing through the first time. :)

Bioware forums got shut down because of lack of Bioware interest in them, they didn't even really bother to moderate them in latter days. Devs long beforehand had decamped to twitter. Personally i liked that there seemed to be some dev interaction here after TW3's launch.It would of course have been tougher with Cyberpunk given its very flawed nature but still a shame it's lapsed.
This is gonna sound biased, but not only CDPR does RPGs better than Bioware, it does forums better as well.
Post automatically merged:

Witcher 3 is the GOAT, my friend. Congrats on playing through the first time. :)
To put it simply: undoubtedly

Top Bottom