Logging in on forums after March 5th, 2024

+
As a reminder: in a week (starting March 5th, 2024) online features and services including Cross Progression and My Rewards for CD PROJEKT RED games, as well as websites such as CD PROJEKT RED Forums will be available through a new CD PROJEKT RED-operated account system.

This will be an automated process, no action is required on your end and your GOG account will remain unaffected. You can also opt out, but this will mean losing access to Cross Progression, My Rewards, and CD PROJEKT RED Forums. For details, please see this support article or the email we sent you on February 6th.

After the CD PROJEKT RED account migration GOG accounts will no longer be used to log in on forums.

In order to log in you will use the same email address as before as a login.
You will not be asked for any passwords. Instead, each time you log in to your CD PROJEKT RED account, you will be asked for a one-time code sent to your email address when you log in.

In addition to that, the way to manage the most important aspects of your accounts will change. For example, should you wish to change your nicknames, you will be able to do this in your CD PROJEKT RED account dashboard.

Speaking of nicknames, you will notice in your profiles that they will have been supplemented by an automatically assigned CDPR account ID (for example: Vattier#12345), but other than that the nicknames you chose for yourselves will remain unaffected.

Aside from the above, very little will change - your forum accounts will remain exactly as they are right now. All of the content you posted, all of the REDpoints you gathered and any private discussions you participate in will not be affected.

Guest 4561861

I can understand the forums and cross progression being attached to a CDPR account, but why are game rewards included in that? Game rewards should be attached to the game itself, not an account. This reeks of DRM.

I can understand the forums and cross progression being attached to a CDPR account, but why are game rewards included in that? Game rewards should be attached to the game itself, not an account. This reeks of DRM.
Not sure how it's possible to do it without "account"...
I mean how you manage to do it without an account to link Witcher rewards, Gwent rewards, Twitch drops, Prime?
Beside, rewards tied to a single account allow you to unlock all your rewards on all platforms you owned the game and play :)

Guest 4561861

Not sure how it's possible to do it without "account"...
I mean how you manage to do it without an account to link Witcher rewards, Gwent rewards, Twitch drops, Prime?
Beside, rewards tied to a single account allow you to unlock all your rewards on all platforms you owned the game and play :)
I have an account. It's a GOG account. It's the account from which I bought the game. And received the awards. I do not have an Ubisoft account. I do not have a Rockstar account. After two years of CDPR [...], releasing it with more bugs than than a Florida swamp, releasing paid DLC with even more bugs introduced and never properly patching the game or the expansion, instead thinking that having big "star power" makes everything right, I don't want want a CDPR account either. (Now THAT was a run-on sentence if I ever saw one!) Now, though, I lose the Wolf jacket and Gwynbleidd because I don't want another account?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an account. It's a GOG account. It's the account from which I bought the game. And received the awards. I do not have an Ubisoft account. I do not have a Rockstar account. After two years of CDPR [...], releasing it with more bugs than than a Florida swamp, releasing paid DLC with even more bugs introduced and never properly patching the game or the expansion, instead thinking that having big "star power" makes everything right, I don't want want a CDPR account either. (Now THAT was a run-on sentence if I ever saw one!) Now, though, I lose the Wolf jacket and Gwynbleidd because I don't want another account?
For which reason a GOG account would be used to enable features and get rewards in CDPR games?
None... If you ask me, it shouldn't have been the case from the beginning. On side note, it's also just a guess, but "maybe" in the future, CDPR accounts will be also used for multiplayer features in the upcoming CDPR games.

If you don't want a CDPR account, that's fine and up to you... Like those who didn't want watching Twitch streams, they didn't get Twitch drops, that's up to them ;)

PS: not sure how bugs have anything to do with this change :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just like everywhere else on the forums, being polite is expected and required on this thread as well. So, please keep any disrespectful comments, accusations, etc. out of posts.

PS: not sure how bugs have anything to do with this change :shrug:

It really doesn't but people will build strawmens to support their dislike of this change. Accusing this of being like DRM is laughable though. This is CDPR. I can't think of any other AAA developer that is not for DRM. GoG also has one of the most lenient return policies out there. Some people just want to paint them as bad guys regardless of what they do.

Rewards have to be linked to something and CDPR chose to link it to this new account. There is most likely a technical reason behind this.

Ultimately, this is a nothingburger argument. This will not affect us in any kind of meaningful way.

You will not be asked for any passwords. Instead, each time you log in to your CD PROJEKT RED account, you will be asked for a one-time code sent to your email address when you log in.
I am hoping that I will remain logged-in to the forums between sessions, like it is now, so I do not have to get a code every day.

DC9V

Forum veteran
Does the new account require having cross-site-tracking enabled in the browser settings?

Will we be able to pick the #12345 at the end or preview it with our username. I have an OCD for having certain numbers and being assigned an identifier can ruin my experience similar how Blizzard did it. I guess I am superstitious with certain number tags.

I can't say that I'm particularly excited about the one-time password. I guess we'll see how it works out.

A couple of years ago at work, we implemented two factor authentication. That's great. And the implementation was great, because we had the option of telling the authentication server to retain our second factor credentials for a month, on machines which where we had physical control. Then this year, some dimwit (probably some new guy running organization-wide tech services or something) decided to get rid of the 30 day credential window on physically controlled machines. Sometimes it's retained for a few days, sometimes not even for a full day. Seems random. Even the folks in our own tech services don't know what, if any, decision rule is used for forced second factor re-authentication.

So, maybe it will work as advertised. But my experience elsewhere makes me a bit skeptical.

Edit: also, sticking a numeric identifier after "prime" in "Spockprime" is tautological if the number is #1, and irrational if it's anything else.

Last edited:
"My rewards" are already attached to accounts and not the game itself. You have to login and use the REDlauncher (on PC) to get them. I don't know why are you complaining.

Will we be able to pick the #12345 at the end or preview it with our username. I have an OCD for having certain numbers and being assigned an identifier can ruin my experience similar how Blizzard did it. I guess I am superstitious with certain number tags.
I have clinical OCD as well, with MANY things; one method of overcoming it is "exposure therapy" take whatever number you get, and deal with the anxiety/anger/whatever symptoms you may get and I promise you that as long as you focus then on the game, you will slowly but surely overcome (mostly) your OCD with numbers. I don't think it ever goes away completely, and I absolutely find myself "backsliding" during stressful times in life regressing back into the same (sometimes worse) obsessive compulsive habits. Yet, once source of stress/anxiety in life is found and/or addressed continue with "exposure therapy" and should be back to "normal".

You can do it!

With love,

- "Lindy"

"Life is Short
Death is Sure
Sin the Curse
Christ the Cure"

It should work exactly as it works right now, so unless you have a habit of clearing cookies after every session, you should remain logged in on your device.

So I don't clear cookies after each session but I do log out when I leave the website and that means receiving a one time password every single time I log in.

It's a very small annoyance but an annoyance nonetheless. Is that normal? I'm no web coder but my, admittedly very limited, knowledge of this subject tells me this isn't how this typically works. At least, I don't need one time passwords for other websites where I log off from. Even those for services for which I have a one time password security measure in place.

I use browser cookies cleaning and now I need to get code too for each login (Firefox user, latest version). Now I have put this forum into exceptions (cookies deletion) and will see how it will work.

Could this be related to why Cross Progression saves are not uploading from PS5 on my new CD Projekt account?
I get the cloud icon with the up arrow, then that just disappears and the save doesnt upload.

I recently returned to the game after buying the expansion on GOG. I've had trouble logging in though. I am able to do it on Opera, a browser I don't use much, but not on my main browser Chrome (which the game's launcher directs me to as it's my default).

When I try to log in on Chrome, I enter my email and hit the Continue button and it always says this error:

"Action expired. Please continue with login now."

This is an endless loop (and is the same even if I try to sign up with another email). I've cleared site data and cookies using the chrome dev tools but it still fails. I'll use Opera for now, which is a pain. So just highlighting this. The dev tools do highlight some issues with the page and future versions of Chrome, by the way (website breaking issues).

Top Bottom