Is it possible unlock top tier borders by being low ranked? (Cheats or hacks?)

+
Hi,

I have recently played against a player who's highest rank ever achieved is 18 but he has the border for ending top 1000 in the previous season?

How is this possible. please help me understand?

I have been playing since closed beta and this is the third time I have seen something like this.

I feel like I'm missing something or not thinking straight but I just can't put the puzzle together.

Screenshot (30)_LI.jpg

I ERASED the username in order to remain within forum rules. But what is still visibly clear is that he is using a top 1000 border from the season of the Viper while only ever achieving rank 18.

Last edited:
That's weird! It might be an error in his profile. .

Funny thing is I noticed his border while playing him and then afterwards checked it out and it remained the same. Top 1000. So yes very strange. That is why I was wondering if there is an exploit some people may be using to receive borders. It also didn't change after re-logging.

Guest 4021160

Install cheat engine -> run engine -> run gwent -> change borders -> see which values changed -> find relevant file -> open with notepad -> change to the value -> achieve absolutely f*** all cause you can't change server data -> proceed to learning hacking so you can send querries to the server -> give up, cause you just not meant to be a hacker -> reflect on your life -> reflect on the fact that you did that to change some pixels on a game.

I'm doctor Steve Brule for your Hacking

Last edited by a moderator:
20 is enough to hit top 500 some seasons, I can imagine early seasons grabbing top 1k at 18. also, some borders have been offered at different reward levels before.

I have also witnessed something similar. Back when I first started playing Gwent (around Oct. last year,) I checked my opponents' profiles after games since I found everything fresh and interesting. There was this one, the highest rank at 19 but had a dragon border that you could only unlock at top 500 or 100, it was the third biggest border of that season. I remember before the winter update, the seasons were 2 months long and rank 19 was at 4000 mmr and the borders could be only unlocked at top 1000. And at the end of the season, the highest mmr on the leaderboard was over 4600 while the mmr at 1000 was around 4400. I found it odd, but at the same time, I thought perhaps it was possible to reach top 500 and above with rank 19 in other places ... I remember this clearly because my rank was 20 and didn't have any dragon borders but a player with lower rank had one, but I was new so didn't put much consideration into it, then forgot about it until your thread reminded me of that incident. I don't have a photocopy to back my claim but I believe this isn't an isolated issue.

It's a PS player who had achieved 18 level and was in first 1000 in PS players group - theyre not so many at all.

I've also seen someone with top 100 title and highest achieved rank of 20. I clicked on his profile, because I was surprised how poorly someone could play, who had reached top 100 two months ago.

I can imagine early seasons grabbing top 1k at 18. also

Nope, that's not correct.

some borders have been offered at different reward levels before.

Yes, but it was a lot harder to get them. Current rank 10 border used to be top 1000.

It's a PS player who had achieved 18 level and was in first 1000 in PS players group - theyre not so many at all.

This sounds logical.

So your telling me PS4 is allowed to play crossplatform with us on PC but are ranked in a separate rank pool from us?
If this is true it is the most stupid thing I have heard of, either limit them to their pool and their platform or allow cross-platform but integrate them in the PC or XBOX pool because this has to be the most unfair thing I have seen.

So if I want a nice top 100 border all I have to do is run out and get myself a PS4 account and hit top 100 on PS rank pool with a 3K MMR WHILE playing rank WITHIN the PC and Xbox pool?

Then also still have the luxury of showing my border of to the PC and Xbox players who have higher MMR's but are in a larger pool?

This doesn't make sense and if true is something that needs to be changed. I've lost my motivation to even play rank now.

If you play on console like XBox or PS at the start of each season you choosing that you will play with all players or only with console players and they are connected to separate ranked. Not so many people choosing second option therefore you could get avatar from top 10k or 1k with much less level.

If you play on console like XBox or PS at the start of each season you choosing that you will play with all players or only with console players and they are connected to separate ranked. Not so many people choosing second option therefore you could get avatar from top 10k or 1k with much less level.

So these players that opt into the PC rank pool are able to keep and show of their rewards attained from previous seasons where they were in a different, much smaller and low MMR pool? That is not fair. And makes every PC players grind pointless. This is nothing more than an exploit that should be fixed.

I found this explanation from Alicja on polish forum page.
I wonder if there is any PS or XBox player that could confirm that.

This is indeed correct and it's something that will hopefully change in Homecoming.

So these players that opt into the PC rank pool are able to keep and show of their rewards attained from previous seasons where they were in a different, much smaller and low MMR pool? That is not fair. And makes every PC players grind pointless. This is nothing more than an exploit that should be fixed.

But you are forgetting the downside. Once you've climbed up to a high rank, as a console exclusive player, finding matches can take a long time. Some players have even reported needing to wait over 15 minutes.

If they wish to join the PC rank pool that is fine but they shouldn't be able to display rewards attained in a different much less competitive pool. This is counter-intuitive and shouldn't be present in any rank ladder.

In any competitive game when switching region servers or to a different rank ladder, rank progress and rewards are lost because of the fact that players are now joining a new pool separate from their previous.

Example: 1000 MMR equals position 10 in Ladder A but 1000 MMR equals postition 50 in Ladder B, Ladder rewards are exclusive to said ladders because they depict a players standing within that pool of players and not compared to the pools in any other ladders.

This is ridiculous. Honestly. How is this allowed?

Last edited:
Right, on Xbox that's true. It's not the case on PS4 though where you always play normal ladder.

Top Bottom