Is someone interested in fantastic polish audiobook samples with english subtitles...?

+
Truly great moment. Interesting how witchers were talking about neutrality and lack of motivation and than (spoilers from Lady of the Lake):
Coën died protecting The Northern Kingdoms in Battle of Brenna and Geralt died trying to save non-humans during The Rivian Pogrom

Well, sometimes you have to break the rules for something more important!

You say for example:" I will never kill someone in my life, that doesn't fit to my morality code"

But then i don' know, someone you love get's killed! What would you do then?

You know, like i already mentioned it in an other post in an other Thread...i think Sapkowski wanted also to describe the Topic's like Morality, Humanity and Judgment in his Novels!
Because there are many examples for it in the Witcher books and games i think!

Like a famous quote from the Witcher once said:
"I heard that Witchers wear two swords, one for Monsters and one for Humans.
"- You're wrong, both are for Monsters"

Coën died protecting The Northern Kingdoms in Battle of Brenna and Geralt died trying to save non-humans during The Rivian Pogrom

Well Geralt didn't die at war, so he realised part of his plan :D But this scene indeed is deeply symbolic. Geralt was talking about neutrality and life verified his views really quickly, Coen didn't want to take part in war, and Triss really belived that she can make world a better place by involving in politics. Yes, Sapko is true apostle of Murphy's law :D

I really like that last sample, this actress really is very good, displaying so many emotions in that part and yet never overdoing it. She has the perfect voice for Triss, very soft and yet very strong. Triss definitely is a character I like in the books, with her own character arc which goes way beyond her little thing with Geralt, her own struggles, her own values and her own growth throughout the saga.

I think it's a very important part for so many things. Triss pointing out to Geralt the way he is actually pretending to not have emotions plays I think a major role in making him acknowledge his feelings. The way she knows him so very well..... and yet has a wrong idea of him and idealizes him also.

And as others have already pointed out, it's amazing to see how many things in that sample actually are foreseeing in a way what will happen in future books, proving once more that every single little thing is important in Sapkowski's books, every scene has its own place and meaning.

Top Bottom