Lockdown Replacement

+
The Prophet card gave me an idea for a Lockdown replacement. It is sort of a reverse handbuff and a homage to the old reveal archetype while still supporting Spying decks.
I think there's enough hand manipulation and thinning these days to effectively counterplay a leader like this.

Since it is damaging hand it cannot destroy anything which should be self-explanatory I think.

Applying the Spying status should resolve in such a way that it supports cards like Thanedd Turncoat and Impera Enforcers. Either by giving a charge immediately despite targeting hand or the Spying status being applied when that card is actually played.

Attachments

• LOCKDOWN_REPLACEMENT.png
    LOCKDOWN_REPLACEMENT.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Since it is damaging hand it cannot destroy anything which should be self-explanatory I think.

And how exactly will it work with units of 3 power or less? They will disappear from hand? They will stay at 0 power and die on deploy? I can get behind the idea of setting power to 3, but damaging can lead to some problematic interactions.

Lockdown needs to be changed entirely or removed and replaced. The old ability was problematic for a lot of reasons because it interfered with deck building focused around a leader. The new ability is trash in comparison. They neutered it but wanted to still let it be in the game so it’s this butchered version of what it used to be. There is no reason for keeping it other than them not being able to think of a replacement for what it did, or wanting to use the same name.

And how exactly will it work with units of 3 power or less? They will disappear from hand? They will stay at 0 power and die on deploy? I can get behind the idea of setting power to 3, but damaging can lead to some problematic interactions.
It does not go below 1 power. So targeting a 3 power unit would only give you 2 points of damage. I should've included a sentence at the bottom stating that.

Lockdown needs to be changed entirely or removed and replaced. The old ability was problematic for a lot of reasons because it interfered with deck building focused around a leader. The new ability is trash in comparison. They neutered it but wanted to still let it be in the game so it’s this butchered version of what it used to be. There is no reason for keeping it other than them not being able to think of a replacement for what it did, or wanting to use the same name.
It is a waste of space. NG simply has one leader less than others, it is that useless. Even the devs gave the impression they knew the new iteration was trash but since the old one was so problematic they were fine with that. Which is why I suggest replacing it with a Spying leader.

Top Bottom