"Look at us now, still standing" -- repeated NPC voicelines [Spoilers]

+
Judy is in the process of driving me insane with her constant "Look at us now, still standing", as we are
sneaking through the Electric Corp building in search of Evelyn.

I wish there was a way to make her shut up. She keeps repeating the same damn thing every ten seconds, at least.

Now, it's nothing new that companions/followers in games have obnoxious voicelines that they repeat way too often, but it's still annoying to encounter such an NPC.

During the previous big main quest, there was an enemy searching for me, repeating "Here, kitty, kitty. Let's play!" or something along those lines. He was in a different part, even floor, of the building. Hearing that voiceline over and over was both annoying and amusing. The latter especially when I was talking to an NPC and kept hearing the enemy in the background.

What are your experiences with annoying, amusing, or otherwise noteworthy, repeated NPC voicelines?

Also in PL, near the pyramid, there's always a guy asking a barghest soldier lady for help.

The kinds of voice lines I find annoying are the ones determined by your V's gender that have nothing to do with your actions. For example, if something random happens like NPC traffic accidentally crashes near pedestrians, those panicking run away shouting "She's gone Cyberpsycho!" or "She's got a gun!"
I had nothing to do with any of this yet NPCs are going nuts acting as if I'm a criminal.

Gangoons who I am hidden from also seem to know this before I'm revealed as well. For example, I just stealth-killed a Militech soldier and his buddies chime in "She's here. Somewhere!" and kept repeating this line until I silenced every soldier in the area.

Gangoons who I am hidden from also seem to know this before I'm revealed as well. For example, I just stealth-killed a Militech soldier and his buddies chime in "She's here. Somewhere!" and kept repeating this line until I silenced every soldier in the area.
Tyger Claws females have a particularly annoying voiceline for such situations: "She's here, I can feel her!". Something about the voice is just... ugh.

Is that new with Judy? Not the line, but her repeating it. I noticed that too, and I feel like that repetition wasn't a thing pre 2.0. I feel like I'd remember something annoying like that, especially coming for Judy.
Post automatically merged:

Tyger Claws females have a particularly annoying voiceline for such situations: "She's here, I can feel her!". Something about the voice is just... ugh.

Okay, but the Tiger Claw women shouting "Killing is Fun!" are hilariously awesome. It's just so unhinged, I love it!

Is that new with Judy? Not the line, but her repeating it. I noticed that too, and I feel that repetition wasn't a think pre 2.0. I feel like I'd remember something annoying like that, especially coming for Judy.
For me Panam is the worst. When you enter in combat, she keep yealing constantly :giggle:
(funny how she still yealing in the gas station, even if you defeated everybody, until you enter in the last room^^)

In the "city", the line I always hear, it's a woman who ask to a dude if he can see her. Not sure why, but I always hear this line everywhere :)

Okay, but the Tiger Claw women shouting "Killing is Fun!" are hilariously awesome. It's just so unhinged, I love it!
Agreed.

However, the first time I heard that line was in an area where there were kids as well as Tygers... and I thought it was a little girl shouting it. o_O
I had already killed the Tygers when I heard the shout, or so I thought. One was still alive and shouting.

Many of the combat quotes are pretty weird if you ask me - either childish or like announcements :D

I remember one from the heist and possibly other places as well - something like "Come out, you are not in trouble.".

Like sure, what would they do to V if (s)he listened :ohstopit:
Soulkill him/her and use the body for Yorinobu?
Cut him/her to pieces and toss to the sea?
:D

Top Bottom