[LORE] [SPOILERS] Question: Netrunning - the NET and time?

+
Anyone who could give insight how time works in the Net in tabletop and how that transforms to NET of Cyberpunk 2077?

I looked information form the web what I could. What I found is that speed is very important, but I don't really know why and wonder if that's from 2020. Then in Cyberpunk Red it appears that player whom characters is a netrunner, can either perform certain number of actions either in real space or in NET.

Is there any indication about time spent to actions in NET? I came to think based on CP2077 NET and thought of the movie Matrix, famous quote "Do you think it's air that you're breathing now?" Our thoughts move at speed of faction of seconds, while saying even simple sentence takes 2+ seconds. Why would conversing in encounter in NET take more than a speed of thought?

Is there anything in lore or rulebooks related to this? I ask because of certain things I can't go in this topic because of CP 2077 spoilers.

You guys who
live In Realspace;
you move so slow.

Me, I like
Netspace.
It
moves fast. You
don't get old, you
don't get slow and
sloppy. You Just
leave the meat
behind and go
screamln'.

First system I
ever hit, I think
they had some
weeflerunner
playln' Sysop for
them. I burned In,
Jolted the guy
with a borrowed
Hellbolt, and did
the major plunder
action all over the
Data Fortress.

Somewhere out
there Is a guy with
half his forebraln
burned out.

I
wonder if they
ever found the
body.
I
wonder If
they'll find mine
the same way.
~ CP 2077 source book, p. 10

Then , from p. 127 it's all about the Net and netrunners or the act of netrunning, pretty fascinating stuff...

Guest 4519094

was waiting for a thread on that topic!! thx so much,

the Cyberpunk lore on that topic is so expansive,
The net is vast and infinite ;)

Spoilers contained in the video, lore spoilers game spoilers spoiler spoilers,all of em ;)

(disregard the clickbaity title they're just subverting and making fun of professional haters)

Last edited by a moderator:
was waiting for a thread on that topic!! thx so much,

the Cyberpunk lore on that topic is so expansive,
The net is vast and infinite ;)

(disregard the clickbaity title they're just subverting and making fun of professional haters)

Not my format really. I prefer reading but then, we don't really have a lore topic I think?

EDIT: There are some spoilers on video.
Video gets to Alt and things related about 50 minutes mark and it's good. I don't know how Jim Morrison is related to Cyberpunk but he explains things and the most important one is realization about what setting makes possible. So for once we got something regarding AI's that ain't stupid. I'm not to tabletop stuff, but there are interesting things there.
Post automatically merged:

Edited title, as video contain some spoilers.

Last edited:

Guest 4519094

yes Madqueen and Jim Morrison are awesome, love them a lot !!!
Loved their explanation of the blackwall in that one,

Was listening to their latest video on the youtube channel

and they compared Netwatch selling the blackwall to the other corps
to arasaka selling getting soulkilled to the richest on the planet as a luxury service.
Really good stuff !

Madqueen and Jim Morrison are awesome, love them a lot !!!
Loved their explanation of the blackwall in that one,
They sure changed how I pictured the situation, why it's in there to begin with and all that. I have seen Madqueen mentioned in LowSodiumCyberpunk but who is Jim Morrison? Guy sure knows a lot?

Guest 4519094

His her writer, she's spanish and not a native english speaker ;)
also a veteran pen and paper player who's got all the lore memorized or almost and can and has corrected Mike Pondsmith more than once :D so Jim just gets to bask in her lore glory and write and polish the scripts, he's really talented!!

Okay, I thought if he was associated with R. Talsorian games. He really doubles as talking rule/lorebook for sure!

I'm still absorbing Alt thing. I'm pretty sure though that all endings are real and not simulation in Alt processes or construct Alt created. I don't believe in that, but I thought about that for a while, maybe that says something.

But overall I think it was pretty well played in CP 2077. It was not only what she said but how, certain little things and those really turned out to be a on something.

Based on info provided (Thanks @a3n3a and @deuscaesar and the MadQueen & Jim Morrison) I sketched up a wall of text in suggestions couple of days ago: What to do with the NET and AI's? I'm not to tabletop thing but regardless work done at MadQueen creates possibilities here. Someone give them a shout if you can, not very much to social media myself.

I have another question if anyone reads this: Is there CityMed anywhere in Cyberpunk 2077? I don't recall I have seen CityMed in game or remember references to them, but is that just me?

Top Bottom