[Spoilers] I think I might found out what is black wall-it is Rache bartmos

+
For me, This is first posting so if I violat some rules, pls let me know.

I'm not good at English but, I think I found something at least interesting or even incredible to think of so, I want and will try to explain and share my thoughts and theory.

I was watching movie called Elysium(2013) and I found out that the movie's story and impression are very similar with cyberpunk2077 especially in phantom liberty dlc. By the way, I really recommend you to watch the movie because it is good movie and you can feel homage in cyberpunk2077. There is literally same shape building and seen that strange similar guy(like mr.blue eyes in cp2077) watching over Main character.

Anyway that movie bring inspiration and made think about some mystery in cyberpunk2077 lore.

Nearly three hours of thinking I have conclusion. But it is nearly impossible to show every clue and thoughts came through my mind in those hours so, I'll try to explain the conclusion and my theory below kind of like a lore or story.

Let there be soul.
Every body says to any body to be genuine, "use your heart, feel the soul."
And there was a rocker boy who filled with soul or madness. But he is not the main character. Alt Cunningham, the one ture love of rocker boy, the greatest net runner of all time, she was the beginning. In her death, the most important program was possest by most powerful Corp, arasaka.
Before the resurrection or rebirth(this would seemingly right meaning considering her soul was gone), there was Rache bartmos. A Messiah or the one 'f' who 'f'ed internet. He hate the Corps. He hate the internet at the time used or nearly owned by Corps. He hate the world. He want better world. But he knew that the world he want can't be made by just complaining and attacking Corps. He needed to be a creater. So, he did what Niche would do. DESTROY, BLOW UP, 'F' the old world-data Crash. But like the old words says,
"if you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back at you".
He made another world, another even more bad dystopia(in a very creative way). So evey one look for bartmos. He had to hide his mind in cyberspace, his body in his base.
Then now the real rocker boy Jhony silver hand appears, tries to blow up old world, the babel tower of capitalism, arasaka tower(and that is also very niche thing to do). In doing so, he freed his lover alt. She fled away. And she was skilled net runner, she was able to be alive to meet Rache bartmos himself. And there was a still many mad ai and RAIDS virus, though bartmos was a creater of all of these so, he was very safe and sound(he probably had vaccine or ice or just good at net running or even raids virus wasn't even virus-it could be knowledge of a desire for self-consciousness and freedom) or He already gain one. They had a deal. Can't sure what alt gain(maybe cure for raids). But the bartmos gain something big, bold.
'Soul killer'
He couldn't get outside.
He couldn't meet anyone.
The only way to shoulder the sin he create, the world he create, It must done by unending task. To achieve his utopia.
He became the blackwall.
After 4th Corperate war, net was a mess. Mega Corps need them to function globally but there is no answer for replace or fix those mess. Then Corps receive a message from netwatch. It would be simple like this; "Netwatch will provide all Corps for free and new internet firewall called the black wall which keeps from mad ai. We will also provide clean Raids free net inside of the black wall. We all can back the way it used to be. We promise nutrurality in every and any conflict between any faction except any attempt to destroy blackwall. In return we only need one condition. Unconditional support of net watch.'
For mega Corp it must be their most tasteful deal. There would be no reason to reject this deal.

So, there is 'who', 'where', 'when', 'what' and 'how'. But there is lack of 'why'.
What it is net-watch, blackwall, Reche bartmos achieve, where his dream gone?
Remember, he has a soul of Rebel like Jhony. Then what is a solution of inequality of knowledge or the inequality it self which he hate. It is, again, simple. Fusion. It is literally trying to combine every consciousness in to one. In that way there be no enquality. And what would be better way than becoming only organization that control all of net.
So, meanwhile alt helps the victims of soul killer on the other side, bartmos who is now become blackwall tries to control all of humanity in real world. That's why blackwall ai keep trying to absorb each mind which happened few times in cynosure. And there is a big "BUT". To achieve it's dream, he needs to make humans connected to net, in order to combine or control minds. So, black wall and net-watch rather supports Corp to sell the cyberware and it's production. That way, net can connect to people's body. Each person becomes like a little sever. And where is the sever at, there is a firewall-the black wall.
So alt use V for break in to mikoshi, black wall might use V for something else. It'll explain later.

I also suspect Mr.blue eyes is also a black wall or it's subject. Black wall is the only thing V can't sure about and big enough to know about, as the same as netwatch.
They are unclear who made it, where and when it came form, how it work, ect.
And like I said, black wall could get people's cyberware, especially the vodo boys Install tracker to V when they first meet.

So In my theory, it is not just [black wall = bartmos ≈ Mr. Blue eyes], buy the whole V's adventure was indeed led by the black wall. I'm not sure the blackwall intended to steal the bio-chip. But the alt must. She planed the way to steal bio-chip and resurrect Jhony to be 'the bomb' that tare down the soul prison. Only did not she knew was V. That's why nearly every main ending came up to destroy arasaka and mikoshi and she didn't tell V about the existence of nuro-matrix, she didn't give a dime for V at the first place. But V existed.
So, we can choose how it ends, cause as V influenced by Jhony, Jhony must be influenced by V, too. And that would be the one value alt couldn't control, even though she predicted V's adventure.
And there might be another event alt must risk.
As the slider says, vodoboys who are jerking of near black wall, It is reasonable to expect vodoboys are those who likely found out the information about soul chip(which should be the part of alt's plan) and should be the one who are likely the pawn of black wall. It explains the closed behavior of voodoodoys because, not only they have distinct identity in night city, they somehow controlled by the blackwall. And there is a fear reason why I suspect this. After fight with vodoboys and get out from there church, we can see strange glitch which is blue(idk about color much so, I'll just call it blue). It is strange because nearly every gith in this game is red except "this kind of glitch", moreover those glitch stays with tinnitus which is also very strange. And sound feels like a rington and the glitch looks like literally blue eyes to me. So I suspect why this particular part of the story lead to the blue glitch which I suspect is highly relatable with old pal Mr.blue eyes. And If it's right, it explains many things. Why V faint after the glitch-it must be burden for V connect with the power of blue eyes-the blackwall(or even it can control V fainting whenever it wants), why the glitch must happen after important mission(even Scuba Dive with Judy, strangly V faints after finds takanaka box in church)and specifically not in cynosure-because it is already there with somi, And V have most worst time by glitch and his condition when helping somi at the air-spaceport ->because it will trigger 5th Corperate war which means it is 'f'king important enough to Mr.blue eyes come to see and interfere by give spaceship tickets to somi->and that was a trade for high classified information of militec(NUSA) or in alternative endings somi combin her mind with the black wall,

And 'the one' which was in V's head(or nerves system) which left after remove Jhony- quite from read; "something was there, deep in nerves system, we can't rid off memory memory trace."-this could be memory of Jhony or songbird and others, but it could be the one installed when V meet voodoodoys in the first place.-which unables V when it removed, so that V can't trace the truth(which I argue) and burn it like rest of endings did, and the reason there was no Corperate war nearly 50 years- black wall simply didn't want to.

There are many 'if's but if I'm right, the whole story of cyberpunk2077 and its dlc would be alt's plan and blackwall's plan. Either way, black wall gain what it wants, alt gain what it wants, and V and somi miraculously manipulated till the end.
Maybe the real reason blackwall made would be to prevent alt to free every soul, they might be in war near future. Maybe it would be the main story of next cyberpunk game.

If there is any error of this theory or other poof that doesn't add up, I would really happy to know. My friends are not much interested in this game or even these kind of genre so, first time I wrote this for correction, exchange opinions and for fun. I really love and admire these world and it's stories and it's creater. I hope next cyberpunk game would came out soon but not early enough to need fixed.

Those who read this especially didn't skipped, thank you for reading this.

Conclusion of these mess of thoughts.
° Blackwall=Reche Bartmos(used soul killer)≈Mr.blue eyes is the one who are made netwatch and controls world, V and somi. Alt and bartmos are behind the whole story who planned.

Huh?

I don't understand why you would think Rache Bartmoss IS the blackwall? The blackwall was created to contain the AIs he created. Why also would he become an AI to literally reinforce the thing he attempted to destroy and also be constrained and controlled by Netwatch in the process?

The thing about Alt planning the heist makes no sense whatsoever. How would she plan it? She has no access to the material world, she is trapped behind the blackwall. She most certainly wouldn't even know that the Relic existed, nevermind that it contained the mind of her ex lover when she was a human 50 years ago. Beyond that, how would she use the Voodoo Boys to plan a heist to use her dead ex boyfriend's engram to infect the mind of a merc who would then come to her to have it removed, just to construe a way to destroy Mikoshi? This is circular thinking and has a multitude of issues, namely:
1. If Alt had contact with the Voodoo Boys, why would the Voodoo Boys be spending effort to steal the Relic? They literally orchestrated the heist for that reason, according to Bridgitte. If you believe they're lying, to what end? Also it's a pretty risky gamble given that when the chip actually comes to them, Placide attempts to use the carrier of the chip as a toy then flatline him

2. How would Alt forsee or manipulate events to such a degree that not only would V, a random nobody, would stick the Relic inside his head, but also be a compatible host for the engram (which is one of the greatest issues Arasaka had with engram implantation) and then actually be shot in the head, specifically with a low calibre bullet that wouldn't actually cause irreversible brain damage in order to manipulate him into going through an extreme series of events to track down the Voodoo Boys, who are incredibly secretive in order to be able to breach the Blackwall. Firstly, if The Blackwall and Alt wished for all this to happen then The Blackwall itself would allow Alt to access the net in order to contact V more directly. Of course if this were the case the whole concept you're putting down would make no sense because Alt would have access to the net and would wreak havoc, making the whole point of your theory irrelevant. Even if it were just Alt, surely she would find a less convoluted way to contact V, after having set up this bizarre series of events to begin with, if she already has enough contact beyond her side of the blackwall to orchestrate a heist in the real world, a place she is cut off from completely. As for the Neural matrix, Alt didn't hide it from V as part of her master plan, she didn't know about it. It's an abandoned forgotten about 50 year old Militech project.

3. I seriously doubt Alt gives that much of a shit about Mikoshi in the grand scheme of things. Johnny was obsessed with it's destruction because he finds it ethically abhorrent and another example of Arasaka's stranglehold on humanity. Alt merely saw an opportunity to expand her power. She explicitly states that her motivations for helping you are primarily to absorb the AIs in Mikoshi in order to expand her power. Certainly part of it is a vestige of her human side wanting revenge and still having some connection to Johnny.

4. Finally, If Alt wanted to orchestrate

The whole premise you're putting down makes little sense. Possibly Mr Blue Eyes works with or can manipulate The Blackwall seeing as he clearly seems to be an AI that was able to not only pass through The Blackwall, but inhabit a human body. I could see the story being set up that Mr Blue Eyes is the AI that used to be Rache Bartmoss, but even that is a stretch and a bit fan fictiony. Beyond that, Mr Blue Eyes isn't particularly that spectacular in this regard as there are other AIs that have breached The Blackwall seemingly unnoticed. It is stated that Delamain is an AI that came from beyond The Blackwall.

Also the Relic glitches happen after important events because it's a video game, they occur with story beats, not random jobs.

Last edited:
First of all, thank you so so much for your reply my long mess of opinion.

The reason why I suspect bartmos made a black wall is as follows.
Bartmos was founded as a dead body, in broken refrigerator on a garbage dump for excact. In game there is Speculation bartmos must be hide somewhere, but we don't know anything. Maybe he couldn't go anywhere except is base(like Jhony said, if he didn't, he would hunted down).
And I felt odd in this part. Is bartmos dead? If he was dead, it would be happen that he done nothing by the fear that he would caught and he was kicked out with no resistance in his base. For me, it was too odd for who was referred as legend. Let's say he couldn't pay rent by any route. Though he survived(-which is he didn't commit suicide-cuz this speculation is based on he live in seclusion) which means he wanted to live. When you look at somi's cases, there are lot of things which net runner of the decade could ever do(when wants to live), and it's impact could be gigantic. It is odd enough that that kind of master of net running couldn't pay rent enough(especially when internet was a mess, like he hide lefting with no clue, how much is hard to left untraceable small account for rent) and even if he has no power to influence real world, he just waited that much long time until he kicked out by lack of rent(overdue?), that kind of powerful man waited similarly like suicide for(at least suspect his emotions) just mess he've done so he felt guilt? The world he had hoped for didn't even come. This makes no sense.
Then is bartmos not existed after all?
By this game player can't question his existence.
Then so he Remains in net?
But that's little odd too. If he leaves his body(especially nervous system) and alive in order to live in the net, then he must digitalis his mind. For that, he needs soul killer. Which means it is the only way to alive but meet alt and take that tec from her.

Let's remind other things. Net watch is organization which protect net using black wall. There are no clear information(at least informations i found) how and when they made by who and ect. But only they suddenly appeared and brought a black wall which was big enough to protect w.w.w.
These questions led to bartmos. Bartmos is the most evil devil for net-watch. At least catch him and hold accountable for him. Net-watch is supported all Corps, then isn't it responsible to catch that terrorist? Corps would celebrate that event. (though it not solves the whole problem) At least they have to try to catch him for defend their justification.
Though what opportunity it is for us to know about mysterious bartmos? There isn't any difference between ordinary history books. There is no wanted poster, no books for demonizing him, any speculations which roam have no slanderous information for him. The only thing we can sure is data shard of criticism which says the facts that his raids virus ruined the net, consequently, it came out opposite consequences which he and others dreamed of. Why net-watch don't demonize him? As Jhony says, we knew that there was a incredible bounty under his name. For now... is it concluded as disappearance for forever? If the all corps and organization including net-watch just give up on bartmos, then why he give up his body while stuck in his base. Nothing makes sense.
If, if, if we think right about saying bartmos used soul killer and hide ever since, then why? He wouldn't just meditate for all those times. To me it seems like more strange to me. He must done something like alt and somi did.
But it is ture. Arguing Black wall=bartmos is little bit far-fetched. There is no hard evidence to provide it. But, it is my argument that who made black wall made netwatch, thinking about the blackwall which is not just any program- it is ai which is self learning and evolving ai, why there would be a need for new enormous program. After mind was digitized, theoretically, the information which it can process is infinite when there is infinite hardware(I suspect bartmos have made netwatch-I will explain in next dialog).think about human brain but large just like the net. Why would net-watch make new program leaveing bartmos that Possess almost infinite amount of processing ability. I just thought it would be odd. Also, the 'something' that suspect as the blackwall which keeps taking in cynosure seems odd like it is more than a ai that should done exactly what it have to do upon only logic. That's all.

And so maybe (again very thankful to me)you'll be wondering there should be solid reasons why bartmos have to establish net-watch. I am not really sure about it, but I got some logical reson.
Take a look alt's situation. Dose she have feelings after done by 'Soul killer'? I am not going to say "yea, there'll be literally no soul." Dose it got feelings and seek happiness? Normal human does. But she says being together with Jhony wouldn't be Pleasant for her. The one after done by soul killer is just ai, not a same alt of the past. Though she cut off Jhony's question which wounder using soul killer leads to death saying "it is the only way" to fool V. If she seek happiness, then she sould run over wherever she wants (with Jhony, if she still loves him) and live in peace. Dose alt is feeling guilt and trying to done her duty? Then why she kills voodoodoys? Cuz there are badguys? How about the innocent ones who V (might) kills? For the greater purpose? Dose she got one before dying? And if she would do anything for the 'great' purpose, why isn't she attacking all Corps, at least she must attack all departments of arasaka and spread every classified information she would know (except soul killer) to give them big damage? Why she attacking specifically Mikoshi? Breaking in arasaka's net is dangerous? She is great netunner and somi done similar things. Or are you believing alt's words that she couldn't connect us cuz of ice? She fooled about the Nuro-matrix. "Why she only want to break in mikoshi?" Is it her only happiness? "Is that human?"

Beneath of my theory arguing bartmos turn him self an ai there is a another speculation. If one killed by soul killer, that digitized mind mimic its past infinitely. After all, like many mind which duplicate organic original that portraited in many media, their decisions and actions are based on past(memory trace), but the judgment purely rely on ai's logic. Like the 'Chinese room experiment', if it can mimic all behavior, it doesn't meant it has feelings. You even feel that they're words are filled with emotions, but they are the end result of pure logic of imitation.
Let's reconsider alt's words:" I am not alt, I am ai which duplicated her."
That is the one benith my argument. The decision which done by who done by soul killer have no emotion. They may can have feelings in there memorys, but at leat not in there decisions. So this is why alt keep attacking mikoshi and freeing souls, eventhough it never show feelings. It keeps mimicing it's memory trace. Like a algorithm which proves the logically unproveable theory's suspect one by one endlessly.
Isn't this the one cyberpunk2077's main subject? "Consciousness, How and by whom consciousness exists and what it is? Especially this one."

It was long, but know I can explain why bartmos done such things when he was ai.
The dream of bartmos is discard all inequality, and if the fusion of all minds through cyberware is his way to achieve its goal, then it is logically to found a Corp by him self and distribute cyberware by him self. But he didn't(in my prediction). Might be the netwatch would be more tangible choice, but I think it caused by his hatred for Corpos when he was alive.
Because of Its nature of mimicing its memory trace, there be no option for him to found a company or take control one by him self, that would be hypocrisy for past of him.
That's why I think he found net-watch
And use it for his purposes.
And I think he actually done very good of controlling Corps. Think about the reason why there is no major corpo war for a half a century(there is possibility that a unification war replaced it or 4 corpo wars could be hard blows for corps to fight again, but still, no major gobal conflict where the war is business??-and if netwatch could protect it, then why? They aren't profitable organizations. Losing servers aren't there lose.)

frankly speaking, this whole thing isn't on soild proof. But it is not really about blackwall or mr.blue eyes. The thing which I strongly argue is the person who founded netwatch would be the one who could control raids and net, and only person who could fit in that position would be reche bartmos.

By the way, In trailers of this game there are few scenes which Mr.blue eyes shows smile. Idk about this expression contains which emotions but we can damn sure he shows it. So he is human? Idk... he is too ai-ish to think as human. So he is ai? then why ai shows feelings or even mimic smile when the one next of time is dying. I thought he would be the ai which once created by soul killer. Then it makes sense that he mimic memory trace's personality. And who or which is it that has used soul killer and has great power, information and interfere real world. So I thought it would be part of netwatch or even Reche bartmos himself.

나는 영어를 못한다. My English is bad.
So, right now when I type this, I still didn't really understand whole meaning completely except the first paragraph.
Though I'm really having joy by your long thoughtful reply. Thank you for reply, have a good day.

I will soon reply about rest of things you pointed out..My English is bad.
I'm believe I could explain them. It just writing in English takes so long.

By the way, In trailers of this game there are few scenes which Mr.blue eyes shows smile. Idk about this expression contains which emotions but we can damn sure he shows it. So he is human? Idk... he is too ai-ish to think as human. So he is ai? then why ai shows feelings or even mimic smile when the one next of time is dying. I thought he would be the ai which once created by soul killer. Then it makes sense that he mimic memory trace's personality. And who or which is it that has used soul killer and has great power, information and interfere real world. So I thought it would be part of netwatch or even Reche bartmos himself.
We don't know who is or is behind Mr Blue Eyes.
He could be like the doll (proxy) that Hanako Arasaka used to contact V in the Sunset Motel. So an human controlled by an human ;)
It could have sense because "glowing eye" kinda point out a kind of connexion and data transfert (Hanako doll have orange glowing eyes while she control her).

Let's not forget that Mr Blue helps Songbird to escape to the Moon (Songbird will tell you about it during the train ride to the lauch pad). You can see him standing at a window overlooking the area with the robots during the spaceport scene. Also I suspect that it is him (or someone of his organization) that contacts you if chose to help Reed and gain access to the Canto mk6.

Cheers Euclid

Also I suspect that it is him (or someone of his organization) that contacts you if chose to help Reed and gain access to the Canto mk6.
Hmm wouldn’t make sense to me if canton/eberus has a direct connection to Blue Eyes since he warns you to keep out of his business in the Paralez Questline and than handing you a strong weapon at the same time?…. but than again he hires V directly for the Casino heist… hmm complicated xD

Top Bottom