Many items throughout the game are unlootable

+
I have noticed that throughout the game, there are occasionally items that aren't lootable. This typically includes things like junk items that were never moved from where they normally sit, but just don't pop up a loot interaction no matter what you do. Occasionally, this also includes dropped loot items as well.

This problem includes all situations where you can see a loot icon highlighting the item via color quality, but can't get an interaction pop-up to loot it. One thing to consider when creating the fix for this problem is to make sure to have reticle-focus priority for loot/interaction pop-ups because there are often situations where you can't interact with objects due to close proximity to NPCs, etc.

I have noticed that *all* robotic units have a white loot icon, but *never* seem to be lootable, while *most* other loot throughout the game is lootable. However, when robotic units have green (or higher) quality loot, I have *always* been able to loot it (so far). Speaking of unlootable robotic units... there is one situation where I *wasn't* able to loot green (or higher) quality loot, but it was related to the inability to get close enough to get a loot/interaction pop-up and not due to terrain blocking loot. I encountered this situation in the Delamain building where three drones died and dropped green and yellow/orange loot, but remained stuck in mid-air (unlootable even when standing on a car and double-jumping straight up) above the rebel cars playing demolition derby in the garage.

There are also occasions where enemies killed too close to terrain/objects cause loot pop-up issues like grass blocking a dropped blue weapon (probably because it blocks looting just like a solid object would). Grass and brush should not block line of sight for anything except possibly visibility from enemy units (including cameras and sentry units). Mines should probably be able to see through brush, however. I would be fine with mines seeing through brush as long as I can scan through the brush to quickhack disarm them.

I believe the problem with looting is that a few objects are slightly embedded into the terrain which blocks looting. If every loot has to be manually fixed, that would present a challenge for finding all the loot that is blocked by terrain. I have found junk to be the most commonly problematic, except for robotic loot which always shows white quality loot and is never lootable.

I am curious if anybody else is experiencing this issue because I haven't played a single session yet where I didn't encounter at least a few marked, but unlootable (due to no interaction pop-up) items. This type of bug is pretty serious to me. I would hate to have a legendary drop I couldn't reach. What makes this kind of bug so frustrating is that it's not a perpetual game (like an MMO) where the bug can be fixed and the problem is gone. However, because this is an RPG, I may only play through the game once or twice and the issue is that if I play as much as I want to, I may beat the game twice before the loot problem gets fixed. I don't want to remember this game as having a loot problem that never got fixed.

Of all the bugs that were recently fixed with 1.05 and 1.06, this is the worst problem I have experienced with the game so far.

I have noticed that throughout the game, there are occasionally items that aren't lootable. This typically includes things like junk items that were never moved from where they normally sit, but just don't pop up a loot interaction no matter what you do. Occasionally, this also includes dropped loot items as well.
Yes, great report. This is currently one of the most annoying bugs for me. Second worst are sticky objects on the hud. PC 1.06 version.

Top Bottom