Misty just stand glitch

+
Ok, I am reporting back that I just collected the base game Tarot cards in Night City and it indeed fixed Misty for me. I could start a dialogue with her and when I returned she went back to her table and was interactable again.

No PL cards, or not even the ones that are locked behind endgame stuff (like the Tarot in the Smasher boss room) were needed.
This is what I've done in the past to fix the Misty bug; essentially collect all of the tarot cards and then her dialogue to complete the Fool on the Hill quest will trigger. After you complete the quest, Misty will return to her normal, seated position and enable her regular dialogue.

I hadn't tested to see if this still worked in 2.0, but it's good to hear that it does (ideally it would have been best if the bug didn't happen).

On an side-topic, speaking to Misty in her shop after the Heist still prevents you from leaving messages on Jackie's voice mail. Specifically, asking her to read your tarot cards (perhaps even the investigative options ruins the ability to leave Jackie VMs) seems to disable the ability to leave Jackie voice mails, although speaking to Misty during Heroes or about the Fool on the Hill quest doesn't affect the voice mails. Since I'm a completionist, I've been avoiding speaking to Misty until towards the end, just so that I can leave the final voice mail to Jackie.

On an side-topic, speaking to Misty in her shop after the Heist still prevents you from leaving messages on Jackie's voice mail. Specifically, asking her to read your tarot cards (perhaps even the investigative options ruins the ability to leave Jackie VMs) seems to disable the ability to leave Jackie voice mails, although speaking to Misty during Heroes or about the Fool on the Hill quest doesn't affect the voice mails. Since I'm a completionist, I've been avoiding speaking to Misty until towards the end, just so that I can leave the final voice mail to Jackie.

So that's why I couldn't leave messages for Jackie anymore. Good to know.

Damn, Misty has some major bugs embedded to her questline, it seems. How long has it been like this? Since 2.0 or even before? :giveup:

So that's why I couldn't leave messages for Jackie anymore. Good to know.

Damn, Misty has some major bugs embedded to her questline, it seems. How long has it been like this? Since 2.0 or even before? :giveup:
The bug regarding Misty's dialogue blocking Jackie voice mails has definitely been around long before 2.0. Ever since Cyberpunk 2077's initial release, people were often confused on why only some people were able to leave voice mails for Jackie, including myself.

It wasn't until last year where I read somewhere (I forget where) that found out that Misty's dialogue is what blocks off Jackie's voice mails. I then tested it out myself and sure enough, as soon as I talked to Misty, Jackie's number no longer went to voice mail.

In my current game I've only talked to Misty during Heroes and Fool on the Hill (and never asked her to read my tarot cards, how she's been, etc.) and I can still leave voicemails.

This is definitely a bug I wish that got fixed, but unfortunately up until now it is still in the game.

DC9V

Forum veteran
@Y'all
Make sure to report the bug.
(The platform doesn't seem to matter.)

Ok, I am reporting back that I just collected the base game Tarot cards in Night City and it indeed fixed Misty for me. I could start a dialogue with her and when I returned she went back to her table and was interactable again.

No PL cards, or not even the ones that are locked behind endgame stuff (like the Tarot in the Smasher boss room) were needed.

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Completed "Heroes" before patch 2.02, start "Tomorrow Never Knows" after patch 2.02.
Now cant ask Misty about the tarot cardso_O

2.1 PS5 and this still happens.

Just finished the Tarot quest and she unfroze so I'm guessing this is a 'feature' not a bug. It still feels like a bug when playing, though, and is also just absurd that she stands there frozen for however long before you finish this quest, also without any indication that is what is causing her to freeze.

Last edited:
Top Bottom