Mouse wheel issue

+
Hi,
I'm looking for help with a mouse wheel issue. I've found other topics about it, but all of them relate to Logitech mice and I'm not using one. I'm using an old Microsoft mouse that has no specialized software. The game doesn't recognize my mouse wheel properly. Nothing that relies on the mouse wheel, like changing weapons, map zoom, and text scrolling in messages works. I tried remapping any keybindings I saw in the options that use the mouse wheel, but there are places that use it like the map zoom that aren't in the keybindings options. If I try to keybind my mouse wheel, instead of the mouse icon with either an up or down arrow, it shows up as a mouse icon with both up and down arrows. So it does recognize my mouse wheel exists, but it's mapping it incorrectly (I'm not even sure why they'd have that icon).
My mouse works fine in every other game and in Windows. It even works fine on the launcher, so they know how to map it properly there. But for some reason they broke it in game. I tried getting a refund from Steam, but since my playtime was over 2 hours they refused, even though about half of that time was trying to fix this issue (the other half was mostly cutscenes).
Thanks for any help.

(And I just tested it in Witcher 3 and it works normally there, so this is specific to Cyberpunk2077.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom