My bug list

+
I figured it might be an idea for me to put all the bugs I've encountered in a single place and update that post rather than post a thread for each one.

Graphical

1) Whenever approaching a busy built up road intersection in City Centre, Westbrook and certain parts of Heywood in a car at any speed above about 50-60 on the speedometer in third person camera V will jump into a the classic "T-Pose" shape, sticking through the roof of the car. This lasts between 2 and 10seconds, after which V returns to the car, sometimes all of V returns all at once but other times it will leave behind a head, or V's clothes, for a few seconds more before that too vanishes.

2) This is part graphical, part gameplay. Objects have a random habit of exploding or furniture being destroyed when V goes near them. This doesn't happen all of the time, often I don't make direct contact with the item and when I do the contact wouldn't realistically be enough for the item to be destroyed. This is by far the most common bug I encounter, most of the time it's a minor annoyance but on occasion it does impact gameplay. Exploded items blocking my path or even catapulting V through walls if I'm close to them when they explode. The best example of this was a box exploding behind me as I was looting a dead gang member in a corridor, the explosion sent me through the walls and down onto the road below where I got run over.

3) In Japantown, inside the Joytoy shop at one end of Jig Jig street behind the male interactable Joytoy, where you have various unnamed joytoy npc's loitering on seats, at least one of said npc's is always in T-Pose rather than sitting correctly.

Gameplay

1) Since Hotfix 1.05 Bounce Back Mk.1 appears to be bugged, not allowing you to carry more than a single one, this means if you craft/buy/loot more than one, the excess beyond that one vanish into oblivion. This always happens when I first load up the game. Sometimes I can workaround and make the game start correctly stacking the Bounce Back Mk.1 again by Crafting/buying/looting a single one, dismantle/sell/drop that one, after which they will then stack correctly again until the game is closed/reloaded. However this workaround does not always work and sometimes just have to accept that I cannot carry more than a single Bounce Back Mk.1 injector. The bug always happens when I first load into the game and the workaround is most likely to solve it if I have only just loaded the game, if I attempt the workaround after playing the game for more than a few minutes it never succeeds. This bug is particularly annoying at low levels where this injector is a very good source of healing and crating materials.

2) Twice now, when summoning my car near a busy intersection it has caused the car to spawn on the intersection driving in circles. It will do this at extremely high speed(usually far faster than the car could normally travel) and the car will proceed to destroy every NPC, car, barrier and road sign in it's path. When I have attempted to get close to the car(in the hopes it would stop moving) it hit me, once instantly killing me, the second time it took half my health and sent me flying through the air with such speed that I ended up landing(alive) in the badlands outside the city faster than if I had used the game's fast travel network lol.

3) Outside V's apartment there are two junk loot items, one by the vending machine opposite his door and the other just down the corridor if you turn left as you exit. They show up when you scan as lootable but cannot be picked up.

4) Whenever a lootable item is in close proximity to a living npc it becomes incredibly difficult to loot the item, no matter how carefully you try to aim.

5) Lootable items under dead bodies, or objects are often unlootable unless they stick out from the body sufficiently or you pick up and move the corpse.

6) I don't know if this is a bug or a flaw in design, but handling of the cars is terrible. I am still very early in the game(on the Automatic Love main story quest), I have acquired 7 cars and 2 bikes from various fixers and all of them act as though you are driving on ice to varying degrees(the more power the car has, the worse the effect). It is common to be driving some of the early more sporty cars you get, going along a straight, flat road to nudge the control stick(I use a controller for driving) very lightly for a small adjustment then to have the car spin out like I had just hit an oil slick or patch of black ice; inevitably hitting another car or a road side barrier. This can happen even at relatively slow speeds.

7) If you accidentally press both the N and M keys at once, simultaneously opening picture mode and the map, you get stuck on the map, unable to exit or interact with anything and are forced to alt+F4 and reload.

Last edited:
Top Bottom