My ps5 experience so far.

+
So far, I had been enjoying my time with the game, I had criticisms but I could overlook some of them. The state of the base Ps4 and Xbox X releases are inexcusable, but I thought that based on the reviews, the ps5 would be a bit better. I can no longer excuse CDPRs bad oversight and judgement. The state of this game is so unstable and unoptimized that I can't believe that they ever hoped to release this in April.

Here are some of the technical issues I've experienced.
I had a glitch that no longer allowed me to draw any weapons, this glitch would follow me to older saves where I previously could use my weapons. I had to quit the game, and go back to a save from 4 hours before to get my weapons to work again. I have a permanent UI glitch that leaves the hints for Panam's turret on my screen. I have seen all kinds of small graphical glitches that at first I overlooked, but the constant stream of it is unacceptable. I was unable to switch the camera while driving vehicles until I closed the game. I was unable to put things into my stash box. Characters are constantly talking over each other and I can't follow their conversations. Many times I can't loot bots and bodies. Sometimes the radios in vehicles don't work. Half of the time that I open my inventory I can't select anything. My inventory often scrolls by itself causing me to sell or scrap items I didn't mean to. I wasn't able to use my scanner and had to load an older save. I lost progress, because the last checkpoint kept reloading me into a grenade explosion. I couldn't complete a side mission because the NPC I needed to loot fell through the floor and I couldn't access their body. I died during a mission and respawned inside an Npc's body. While trying to jump through a window I got launched 50 feet in the air and 300 feet back. Enemies become invisible during fights sometimes. Sometimes punching enemies instantly kills me, even during the street fight side missions. Hacking points that give you money are sometimes inaccessible ie, under the floors. And the most frustrating of all are the constant crashes, I would wager that the game crashes once every 90 minutes, often times I will stop for the day after the second one.

Overall the base combat and exploration are fun, but there is far too little in terms of content. While not to the extent of No Man's Sky, CDPR did promise a lot and didn't deliver. They bit off more than they could chew and management did a piss-poor job of leading the development. Please remember that the individual devs are not to blame for this, they did their best and I'm sure for many of them they are also disappointed in the product they released. I hope things get better as time goes on, but the damage has been done to both the game's and CDPR's reputations.

if your playing cyberpunk on ps5 it is still ps4 they have not released the ps5 upgrade yet so you still getting ps4 bugs

Top Bottom