My thoughts after 30 hours of 2.0

+
Just putting together, a list of my observations with 2.0, I haven't touched any PL content yet (Still locked in my region for about an hour at the time of posting) I've mostly been playing on my Ps5, but I've enabled cross play, and done a clean install on PC so I'll probably do some comparisons at some point.

1.) Netrunning is definitely "Different" but not nearly as bad as some people had me believing, I only have 9 int, Not specing into netrunning at all, only using it until I can get a good Sandy which will probably be very soon, (Plus I want to at least unlock both perk points) and Honestly a still find it pretty powerful, I'm assuming, If I actually put perk points into it, it would be close to as powerful, if not slightly more "skill based" as pre 2.0

2.) The enemy is WAY smarter than before, they actually move to cover, flank, search for me, also enemy netrunners are somewhat of a real threat now not just a little annoying.

3.) New police system is 100x better, although a little easier to trigger by accident than I'd like, but that's probably just me getting used to the fact that they jump into action quickly.

4.) Everything feels a but more like it has weight, movement, actions, combat all seems a bit more visceral and like there is real weight to what I'm doing, even driving has more of a tactile feel.

5.) The new "Skills" section combining skill sets instead of individual actions feels good, like it works, and it makes leveling a skill a little faster and less grindy(Athletics I'm looking at you), but I'm still not 100% sure I'm sold on it, something about specializing in a specific weapon felt natural too, so this is definitely more "Streamlined" but I'm not sure if I feel it's a big improvement or not.

6.) My only real complaint. Skill checks got harder than they needed to be, especially early on, something that used to be a 5-attribute skill check now being like a 9, feels a bit more punitive than it needs to be. I apricate wanting builds/specs to feel more impactful even in conversations, but needing 13 Body to recognize someone is a soldier just feels like it's heavy handed. Part of me likes that it gives your build more impact, but overall I feel like it's an over-correction of a problem that wasn't really there.

I've also noticed a few small bugs, but nothing major, the stash bug is a bit annoying, but it doesn't hurt anything besides immersion so it's fine. Some NPC floating which is a bit distracting but again I've only seen it twice in 30+ hours so not too bad, the worst bug I've run into is Kereznikov breaks sometimes, and does not activate when aiming while dashing, but a quick save and load fixes it every time so far. Crafting materials are a bit more rare than I'd like but honestly, it's not so bad either.

So yeah, so far, I'm happy with the changes, A high Reflex & Tech build has been really fun so far, Dashing and Slow-mo feel great, I don't love every change they've made, but I think this is a really good overhaul as a whole, and I'm having a lot of fun with it, looking forward to when I finally get into Dog town.

Congratulations. The 2.0 patch was made for the "high Reflex & Tech" build (only for melee). All other builds are heavily reduced and are no longer fun to play.

You are forced to play as an uncontrolled mass murderer who slashes everyone with katana and mantis blades.

many NPC's say something great when you get to the goal without fighting. (e.g. Judy in Disasterpiece, Jackie in The Rescue).

And now you have to decide if you want to have 3 min. of fun slashing and killing all the enemies, or 30 min. of frustration with trial and error but all the enemies survive the raid.

Netrunning is definitely "Different" but not nearly as bad as some people had me believing, I only have 9 int, Not specing into netrunning at all, only using it until I can get a good Sandy which will probably be very soon, (Plus I want to at least unlock both perk points) and Honestly a still find it pretty powerful, I'm assuming, If I actually put perk points into it, it would be close to as powerful
Interesting finding, I got 20 int and at least for me anything bigger than 3 man group I'm having a problem with. Even with 3 man I will fall short after 2 kills, 2nd being with draining my own health and maybe even the first one. Though I still use tier 2 instead of tier 3 because I didn't upgrade my hacking gear.

Tying the damage to these tiers seems to be bigger issue than scaling. I think they should make scaling a bit harder for intelligence while gutting some tier damage bonuses, just a slight tweak maybe.

I'm around 13 hours in and I fully agree with you @DjSpyder

1.) Netrunning is definitely "Different"-
  • I'm at 14 INT and I can murder an entire room of gonks either in 1 swoop or 4-5 combat rounds without getting hit at all and I'm playing on Very Hard. I have Tier 2 cyberdeck right now.
  • Hacking cars is fucking dope.
  • Smart Weapons + Netrunning just makes total sense, it's amazing. You could easily trade up smart weapons for any Tech Weapon and have the same result.
  • If people are struggling with Netrunning it's because they're not being creative.
    • Here's a tip for the Choomrunners:
      • Trigger a car alarm, which brings every enemy over and bunches them up.
        • Then choose your method of AOE whether grenade or contagion or both lol...
        • (Speaking of Cars, did you know you can do the dirty netty in a armored vehicle all comfy and under fire and shit) Again, people just need to be more creative.
  • It's definitely different but I'm not struggling to be dominate with it at all... I think people who are struggling are Tier 1.

2.) The enemy is WAY smarter than before
  • The enemy is SOOOOOOOOOOOO much better. I can tell that the Devs played Division 2 and learned a thing or two from the AI in that game. I 100% believe that they played Division 2. I'm very happy with the enemies now. I was having a show down in a staircase, they weren't coming out and neither I was, it was a standstill. Then one of them flanks me (watching on minimap), and the flanker and the ones upstairs rushed me at the same time and I was like HOLY SHIT FUCK YES.
    • So good job Devs. I'm loving the combat now. Before I just faced rolled shit.

3.) New police system is 100x better, although a little easier to trigger by accident than I'd like, but that's probably just me getting used to the fact that they jump into action quickly.
  • I haven't explored this yet other than triggering it a few times on accident from stray bullets or hitting people with cars but the responsiveness of it fees amazing. It's definitely an upgrade.
    • I wish, the more NCPD missions that you do, the more they'd be like "oh V's on our side, let him/her slide. Just watch where you're driving Choom!".

4.) Everything feels a but more like it has weight,
  • 100%. You even have to drive tactically. I love it.

5.) The new "Skills" section combining skill sets instead of individual actions feels good, like it works, and it makes leveling a skill a little faster and less grindy(Athletics I'm looking at you), but I'm still not 100% sure I'm sold on it, something about specializing in a specific weapon felt natural too, so this is definitely more "Streamlined" but I'm not sure if I feel it's a big improvement or not.
  • Yeah I'm torn on skills too... Half of me is, "this is unnecessary" the other half is, "I get why they did it but I'm not sure if it was necessary". But I am enjoying something "new". I don't think it's better than the original though, it's just different.
  • I do love how they basically butchered crafting though but If I was one of those chooms like loved crafting then i'd be crying. I crafted out of necessity, now I don't have to burden myself with it as much. I feel like the entire skill tree revamp came as a result of them basically removing crafting and modding armor, etc.
  • They butchered Cyberwear though.. It's a shame. Nothing mods can fix but basically, any new start after this game is finished, I'll have to use cybertweaks to level up my character before I start so thatI can have all of my cool toys from the get go.
  • "I'm not sure if I feel it's a big improvement or not." = exactly

6.) My only real complaint. Skill checks got harder than they needed to be, especially early on, something that used to be a 5-attribute skill check now being like a 9, feels a bit more punitive than it needs to be. I apricate wanting builds/specs to feel more impactful even in conversations, but needing 13 Body to recognize someone is a soldier just feels like it's heavy handed. Part of me likes that it gives your build more impact, but overall I feel like it's an over-correction of a problem that wasn't really there.
  • I agree.
  • One thing I'm not enjoying is needing a certain level for a certain car. It seems forced in there...
  • One thing I know i'm doing once all the mods update is a double or triple Xp mod. That will solve that...

I'm almost completely agree with everything you said.

I was 200+ hours into Cyberpunk before PL. My smart weapons feel like useless shit, my katana feels like useless shit. but I'm sure that later on as I level them those skill trees up beyond level 15, they will feel better and if not I'll mod it to where I want it. Relevant to smart weapons, my INT is 14 and my smart weapon dps is like throwing cotton balls at people lol; it's fucking useless. I'm basically forcing myself to use them.

I'm having fun. Zero real complaints. Anywhere that I feel underpowered in, if I want to be OP in, I'll just install a mod. So there's no real complaints coming from me.

So yeah, so far, I'm happy with the changes, A high Reflex & Tech build has been really fun so far, Dashing and Slow-mo feel great, I don't love every change they've made, but I think this is a really good overhaul as a whole, and I'm having a lot of fun with it, looking forward to when I finally get into Dog town.
Yeah, I have a blast too :giggle:
Beside I think I must apologize to those who asked at time, to be able to block bullets with katanas. I answered something like it would make no sense, not very useful,... You were absolutely right, I was so wrong! So satisfying to kill dudes with their own bullets :D

Interesting finding, I got 20 int and at least for me anything bigger than 3 man group I'm having a problem with. Even with 3 man I will fall short after 2 kills, 2nd being with draining my own health and maybe even the first one. Though I still use tier 2 instead of tier 3 because I didn't upgrade my hacking gear.

Tying the damage to these tiers seems to be bigger issue than scaling. I think they should make scaling a bit harder for intelligence while gutting some tier damage bonuses, just a slight tweak maybe.

Like I said, I didn't really Spec into Netrunning, so I can't fully go into all of the changes but using tier 3 contagion with a few other quick hacks as needed, has been able to clear entire mobs for me before the tracking bar fills or without firing a shot. Full disclosure, I've been playing on Normal to learn all of the new changes, so at higher difficulty this may not apply. But at least from my experience it seems to still be mostly viable. I've also heard that the rework of sonic shock is a must have now in the new netrunning builds.
Post automatically merged:

Congratulations. The 2.0 patch was made for the "high Reflex & Tech" build (only for melee). All other builds are heavily reduced and are no longer fun to play.

You are forced to play as an uncontrolled mass murderer who slashes everyone with katana and mantis blades.

many NPC's say something great when you get to the goal without fighting. (e.g. Judy in Disasterpiece, Jackie in The Rescue).

And now you have to decide if you want to have 3 min. of fun slashing and killing all the enemies, or 30 min. of frustration with trial and error but all the enemies survive the raid.

I strongly disagree with this; with only 4 cool I've been able to successfully stealth through several sections of the game especially when it's an optional objective. The enemy is a little smarter and the patrol patterns are a bit more mobile, but with some patience and 0 perks into stealth It's very doable. Non-lethal is also viable, I've never accidentally killed anyone, in fact I find more times than not even when I'm not purposefully trying non-lethal approaches, I don't actually kill people, guns seem to leave people "hurt" or "incapacitated" at a higher rate than the past with the exception of headshots. Blades are always lethal but that's sort of the point.

Also guns especially Assault Rifles and SMGs feel perfectly fine with a Reflex build, a few perk points make them very deadly, you can negate recoil and accuracy issues pretty quickly with just 9 Reflex. There are also new pieces of Cyberware that help with that.

Last edited:

yeah, and let's not start with the change in components.

I feel I'm going need to play a few hundred hours just to level up my weapons and Cyberware... Oh you completed the game a destroyed arasaka? too bad still a chum that can't afford to upgrade his weapons...

what a way to kill a game, wished i realized sooner so i could get my money back is not fun anymore.

I'm around 13 hours in and I fully agree with you @DjSpyder

1.) Netrunning is definitely "Different"-
  • I'm at 14 INT and I can murder an entire room of gonks either in 1 swoop or 4-5 combat rounds without getting hit at all and I'm playing on Very Hard. I have Tier 2 cyberdeck right now.
  • Hacking cars is fucking dope.
  • Smart Weapons + Netrunning just makes total sense, it's amazing. You could easily trade up smart weapons for any Tech Weapon and have the same result.
  • If people are struggling with Netrunning it's because they're not being creative.
    • Here's a tip for the Choomrunners:
      • Trigger a car alarm, which brings every enemy over and bunches them up.
        • Then choose your method of AOE whether grenade or contagion or both lol...
        • (Speaking of Cars, did you know you can do the dirty netty in a armored vehicle all comfy and under fire and shit) Again, people just need to be more creative.
  • It's definitely different but I'm not struggling to be dominate with it at all... I think people who are struggling are Tier 1.

2.) The enemy is WAY smarter than before
  • The enemy is SOOOOOOOOOOOO much better. I can tell that the Devs played Division 2 and learned a thing or two from the AI in that game. I 100% believe that they played Division 2. I'm very happy with the enemies now. I was having a show down in a staircase, they weren't coming out and neither I was, it was a standstill. Then one of them flanks me (watching on minimap), and the flanker and the ones upstairs rushed me at the same time and I was like HOLY SHIT FUCK YES.
    • So good job Devs. I'm loving the combat now. Before I just faced rolled shit.

• I haven't explored this yet other than triggering it a few times on accident from stray bullets or hitting people with cars but the responsiveness of it fees amazing. It's definitely an upgrade.
    • I wish, the more NCPD missions that you do, the more they'd be like "oh V's on our side, let him/her slide. Just watch where you're driving Choom!".

4.) Everything feels a but more like it has weight,
  • 100%. You even have to drive tactically. I love it.

• Yeah I'm torn on skills too... Half of me is, "this is unnecessary" the other half is, "I get why they did it but I'm not sure if it was necessary". But I am enjoying something "new". I don't think it's better than the original though, it's just different.
  • I do love how they basically butchered crafting though but If I was one of those chooms like loved crafting then i'd be crying. I crafted out of necessity, now I don't have to burden myself with it as much. I feel like the entire skill tree revamp came as a result of them basically removing crafting and modding armor, etc.
  • They butchered Cyberwear though.. It's a shame. Nothing mods can fix but basically, any new start after this game is finished, I'll have to use cybertweaks to level up my character before I start so thatI can have all of my cool toys from the get go.
  • "I'm not sure if I feel it's a big improvement or not." = exactly

• I agree.
  • One thing I'm not enjoying is needing a certain level for a certain car. It seems forced in there...
  • One thing I know i'm doing once all the mods update is a double or triple Xp mod. That will solve that...

I'm almost completely agree with everything you said.

I was 200+ hours into Cyberpunk before PL. My smart weapons feel like useless shit, my katana feels like useless shit. but I'm sure that later on as I level them those skill trees up beyond level 15, they will feel better and if not I'll mod it to where I want it. Relevant to smart weapons, my INT is 14 and my smart weapon dps is like throwing cotton balls at people lol; it's fucking useless. I'm basically forcing myself to use them.

I'm having fun. Zero real complaints. Anywhere that I feel underpowered in, if I want to be OP in, I'll just install a mod. So there's no real complaints coming from me.
hahaha good luck with new system getting thousands of components to level up weapons + Cyberware looks exhausting no fun.

What? I have had no problem completing missions without fighting when it is possible so far. I am playing as a stealth netrunner and it is insanely fun. I am having as much fun as before but is now much more realistic, and much more in line with the actual Cyberpunk lore.

Yeah, Cyberware and tiers are now much more important than before. Personally, I see that as a good thing, it ties the game's mechanics together and makes for a more coherent experience overall.

I feel I'm going need to play a few hundred hours just to level up my weapons and Cyberware... Oh you completed the game a destroyed arasaka? too bad still a chum that can't afford to upgrade his weapons...

what a way to kill a game, wished i realized sooner so i could get my money back is not fun anymore.
Yeah, crafting seems to have gotten the short end of the stick on this one. It is much less useful than it was before, although I must admit it was probably a little too broken pre-2.0. You could exploit it so much, and become insanely rich. They probably overcorrected however. It is probably a better idea now to just buy what you need, the game gives you a lot more money than before and after a whole all cyberware becomes really affordable. I have over 1 million eddies and I've barely touched the side quests, the main quest and the scanner hustles.

Last edited:
You can become insanely rich just selling the weapon drops an with increased vendor money it more convenient aswell, i easily made over 300k doing this in Dogtown alone.

You also get a shit boat of lego's threw at you which are easily dismantled for parts to upgrade.

Netrunning is "different" but not useless, far from it, it more active an i'd recommend a nice weapon as backup, PL suits that playstyle best i found with stealth/pistols threw in the mix , i had zero problem with this build on VH on the big combat stages that can happen, PL introduced some sweet pistols tbh, my full body shotgunner is finding it harder if I'm honest but that maybe because i no played in ages

I kinda feel they fixed a couple too many things that weren't broken to begin with. But other than that I'm fine with it.

It's fine. 2.0 is fine.

The scanner is always showing the hacking tooltip instead of the data of the target Im scanning. its driving me nuts. This is a HUGE oversight. Why force it to show the quick hack tooltip which is completely against the idea of the scanner? Why not seperate the two? Why not let us choose which we we want to see PERMANENTLY?

There is a mod for this now. Its called "scan data - default to data tab" for REDmod and CET. It works even with GOG.

They added alot of vehicle missions but forgot to fix vehicles. Our cars are still fluffy cotton balls intentionally or the devs dont know how gravity affects cars because NPCs cars are still driving boulders that push us around with our apparently lighweight cars.
And controlls of most cars are still way to sensitive. Driving a car through the inner city is a nightmare. I mostly drive motorcycles because they dont get stuck as often as cars.

The door at Vs default apartment used to automatically close. It triggers my OCD every time I go through that door because I have to close it manually. My first max level nomad still doesnt have to close the door by hand. My other Vs after that save game have to close it by hand. Its just normal to not leave an open apartment, right? RIGHT?!
And the doors at the glen apartment close automatically. Elevator and stash room.
Its so weird.

Or driving motor cycles at full speed creates a terrible looping sound.

After finishing any side gig it ALWAYS displays nocturne op55n1. I so hate that mission now.

Sometimes the game feels like its made by someone who never plays it.

Last edited:
The scanner is always showing the hacking tooltip instead of the data of the target Im scanning. its driving me nuts. This is a HUGE oversight. Why force it to show the quick hack tooltip which is completely against the idea of the scanner? Why not seperate the two? Why not let us choose which we we want to see PERMANENTLY?

It really is extremely annoying, so much so I made a request hoping they'll revert it, otherwise I'll have no choice but to start using mods to fix half the stuff that 2.0 had no right to change.

Just another incredibly questionable idea in a sea of questionable ideas with 2.0.

2.0 reminds me so much of what they did to another of my favourite games, an MMO called Secret World. They too had a complex spiderweb of abilities in each weapon that you could mix and match, but then 'upgraded' it so it looks a lot like Cyberpunk 2077, where each weapon has one tree. And done. No mix and match, no smart ideas, no custom designs. You do this. The End. Why do companies keep doing this? Are there a lot of not very smart, loud people in the world, who are shouting that it's too confusing and needs simplifying?

I'm currently on my second playthrough with 2.0, the first was stealth / pistol / blade. Blade ruled over everything else, it seemed entirely pointless to do anything but melee, except for flavour. I'm now doing stealth / netrunning / smart smg. Netrunning is still very strong, I haven't had a problem with that as long as you follow what the bonuses do. e.g. the attribute 9 skill that increases damage by 60% if the target has a covert hack on them. Mix that with queueing and you can drop people fast. Because of this, I'm rarely using the SMG but it seems to do less damage than expected. But then, Pistols were exactly the same, it seems like guns have taken a serious nerf in 2.0.

I'll keep playing and see what later game is like for netrunning / smart SMG, I'm only level 30 at the moment.

It really is extremely annoying, so much so I made a request hoping they'll revert it, otherwise I'll have no choice but to start using mods to fix half the stuff that 2.0 had no right to change.

Just another incredibly questionable idea in a sea of questionable ideas with 2.0.
Someone made a mod for it but it doesnt work for everyone because another mod countless mods depend on hasnt been updated in two weeks. I dont blame mod authors for not managing to keep up with all the changes. If only devs were more open about the changes it would make things easier for modders. If devs were more competent they would fix issues so we wouldnt need mods to fix & bandaid things.
But thats the current state of the gaming industry.

Someone please help me. Every time I've started a new game file, I've started the game from the beginning. Can someone tell me what happens when you SKIP STRAIGHT TO PHANTOM LIBERTY in a new game file? What do you start out with and where do you start? How does it change the overall feel of the game if you jump right to it?

Every time I've played the game from a new file, I've always tried to do a different build so that it's not the same old thing. Has anyone found the new builds useful in the 2.0 update, or would you have rather CDPR kept skill tree the way it was?

Someone please help me. Every time I've started a new game file, I've started the game from the beginning. Can someone tell me what happens when you SKIP STRAIGHT TO PHANTOM LIBERTY in a new game file? What do you start out with and where do you start? How does it change the overall feel of the game if you jump right to it?

By skipping to PL;
  • V is level 15 with some gonk cyberware and attributes which you cannot choose when creating your character, so have to waste an attribute respec
  • All of the main story content regarding Judy's side will be completed up to the point where Voodoo Boys are toasted
  • Some side missions are also completed, such as Delamain's and so on
  • All NCPD events and gigs however are fully available
  • You start directly in front of Voodoo Boys' chappel, right next to where V crashes to the ground after they visit Alt
How does it feel jumping straight into the expansion? Terrible if one cares about the story choices because a lot of choices are pre-chosen for you up to that point. If however you just care about experiencing the expansion and nothing else, then it's fine I guess.

You start with some basic cyberware which I think is always Mantis Blades, basic cyberdeck, a smart link, a selection of weapons (one of each type iirc), mostly uncommon rarity and an archetypal outfit for the Lifepath you picked. You have the Hella, Delamain and Jackie's Tuned Arch vehicles (regardless of lifepath, the Arch shows up as the Tuned version previously only available to Nomads with a Tech conversation skill check outside All Foods)

There's some interesting stuff though, like the anaesthetic marks Vik gives you in The RIpperdoc is gone, and the Ballistic Coprocessor isn't stuck to your hand forever either. You start outside the Chapel in Pacifica after I Walk The Line reading Kim by Rudyard Kipling when Songbird calls. However it auto completes a lot of stuff and may make choices for you that you wouldn't neccessarily want. It's worth it if you really don't want to sit through the Heist, Johnny flashbacks or do all of Epistrophy again (in my playthrough, I was unable to get the Quadra Type 66 "Hoon" because of this, not sure if bug or what...)

It also seems to remove Mama Welles and many mentions of Jackie from the game, for example if you go to the Afterlife to immortalize him with his drink, V does not know the recipe and Claire corrects them.

Completed quests include:

The Ripperdoc
The Ride
The Rescue
The Pickup (Royce and Dum Dum are alive, so we can assume V did not deal with Stout/Militech and let Brick die)
The Information
The Heist
Love Like Fire
Playing for Time
Transmission
Heroes (You are able to loot Jackie's pistols from Coyote Cojo so I'm guessing V had Delamain take his remains there and the Ofrenda took place)
Automatic Love
The Space In Between
Disasterpiece
Double Life
Never Fade Away
M’ap Tann Pelen (V sided with Netwatch)
I Walk the Line
Human Nature
Tune Up
Epistrophy
Don’t Lose Your Mind (I'm not sure, but I believe V reset the core)
Full Disclosure

Probably some more thorough answers on Reddit.

Last edited:
The skip option should come with options about choices, not the devs making the choices for us. Devs these days have this weird obsession that skips must have negative consequences for players for no good reason at all. Cant have too much fun!

By skipping to PL;
  • V is level 15 with some gonk cyberware and attributes which you cannot choose when creating your character, so have to waste an attribute respec
  • All of the main story content regarding Judy's side will be completed up to the point where Voodoo Boys are toasted
  • Some side missions are also completed, such as Delamain's and so on
  • All NCPD events and gigs however are fully available
  • You start directly in front of Voodoo Boys' chappel, right next to where V crashes to the ground after they visit Alt
How does it feel jumping straight into the expansion? Terrible if one cares about the story choices because a lot of choices are pre-chosen for you up to that point. If however you just care about experiencing the expansion and nothing else, then it's fine I guess.
This is very interesting. So it did pay off, starting the story fresh.

What the game really needs is the GAME PLUS that everybody has been wanting. I'd love for them to title it (RETURN TO NIGHT CITY) and lock gamers into a difficulty that's much harder than VERY HARD. Each lifepath would give V an emergency stash of eddies, which was tucked away after the six months she did street hustles with Jackie Welles. Your wanted level is already high, which requires you to avoid routes with NCPD. The meter to make crucial dialogue decisions is much quicker. Attack groups of enemies may result in at least one of the enemies attempting a system collapse on V.

GAME PLUS-BLAZE OF GLORY Description:
You've returned to night city for another knick at the barrel. The NCPD and gangs remember your face very well. This quest will require your best skills against enemies who seek your demise from the very beginning. Choose your approach carefully, as unwise choices are unforgiving and require a good aim to make it out alive.

Top Bottom