Netflix's The Witcher - Season 2

+
Watching as we speak, did Triss
just say to Geralt:
[I'm attracted to your pain :ROFLMAO:]
Triss as a whole is nothing like Triss in the books. Her demeanor and attitude is like an old powerful Sorceress when she's literally the youngest Sorceress in the world and acts like a big sister to Ciri. Even the other Witchers tell her to stop with the "Sorceress" act when she arrives in Kaer Morhen.

Triss as a whole is nothing like Triss in the books. Her demeanor and attitude is like an old powerful Sorceress when she's literally the youngest Sorceress in the world and acts like a big sister to Ciri. Even the other Witchers tell her to stop with the "Sorceress" act when she arrives in Kaer Morhen.
Yeah she's nothing like our Triss, but my point is that the way that shitty line is phrased, it seems like Triss is into bondage and wants to dominate Geralt, just like in the Ciri-Geralt dialogue "One can wear both armor and dresses - I know" the phrasing of that line makes it seem like Geralt has worn dresses before :ROFLMAO:

I haven't laughed so hard in a while. That's what I like about this show
Post automatically merged:

Another line for posterity:
[My tool is bigger, and much more poweful]
:coolstory:

Last edited:
There's no sense of culture in the show. Be it a educated sorceress or a highborn, or a peasant - they all talk the same. Attempts at humor (like Lambert or aforementioned tool) are juvenile. Like they're written by someone who stopped development in middle school tops.

No sense of geography or society. Just a mishmash of everything to check every checkbox.

Awful storytelling decisions in the first season, among other things, completely flushed the dynamic established in the books. Scenes between Geralt, Ciri and Yennefer are awkward as hell.

Characters mostly walk around and recite TEH LORE. So freaking boring.

Last edited:
What annoys me the most after giving it some thought, is that even Geralt isn't Geralt. He's constantly annoyed and on edge in the show. In the books he's dismissive and sarcastic, but rarely angry. He also has enough wisdom that would put most people to shame. While they tried to put the wisdom part in, it doesn't land. He has some epic rants in the books that basically start with "look stupid...."

The only person who really understands Geralt and is on the same level is Regis, that's why they are best friends. When Dandelion in W2 tells Geralt he was best friends with a Vampire, he's not exaggerating. Or was it in W1? I can't remem, it's been so long since I played either.

Last edited:
It was in the first one.

It was when Geralt went drinking with him and Zoltan, wasn't it? I vaguely remember it. I haven't played it since the Enhanced Edition came out so my memory is a bit fuzzy on the details.

I probably mixed it with the time you spend in Flotsam in W2 after you save Dandelion from the hanging. You also go drinking with him and Zoltan.

I've finished the show. What positive thing could I say about it? Let's see... I like the actors of Cahir and Dijkstra, but that is all. And once again, yet another character that does not look like her book/game counterpart: Phillipa.
That preview of Blood Origin didn't look good either. Ughhh
So disappointed that Cahir and Emhyr are not the same guy. The actor is pretty perfect for that role IMO

So disappointed that Cahir and Emhyr are not the same guy. The actor is pretty perfect for that role IMO
What you mean? both the same? Should they? Or the same guy(s that played them in season 1) Cahir is the same actor but Emhyr is not the same as the Urchin (but he should be, right?
bit confused

I like the show but i haven't read any witcher book and i guess i should wait so i could enjoy the show for what it is. Wheel of time is already giving me a hard time to overlook some things but this series i read 20 years ago so there is a lot of air in my memories

Second season is way better done then the first. Somebody actually bothered and put it together not that lose mess wich S1 was. I actuallly rewached the first season lately and it is not so bad if you skip the last episode.

I've finished the show. What positive thing could I say about it? Let's see... I like the actors of Cahir and Dijkstra, but that is all. And once again, yet another character that does not look like her book/game counterpart: Phillipa.
That preview of Blood Origin didn't look good either. Ughhh

Cahir in the books is a scared young man trying to do his duty and actually a decent human being.

This guy in the show? Who is he? Not Cahir, that's for sure. :D

Cahir in the books is a scared young man trying to do his duty and actually a decent human being.

This guy in the show? Who is he? Not Cahir, that's for sure. :D
That's why I thought he might have been Emhyr posing as a Nilfgaardian soldier, the actor totally has the vibes. But then again I haven't read the books yet

That's why I thought he might have been Emhyr posing as a Nilfgaardian soldier, the actor totally has the vibes. But then again I haven't read the books yet
Emhyr in the books is another complicated character. Not to spoil anything, but there are very few one-dimensional characters, and that's what makes the books so good. There are some truly evil bastards, but not everyone.

Watched season 2, LOVED IT! Better than the first. Only thing that I think could be improved is costume design, but that's about it for me.

In any case, I don't really understand people who are salty about the show not being a carbon copy of the books. Although in some cases it feels like some people are salty about it not being a carbon copy of the games, which aren't even the same as the books anyway.

Want book version Witcher, read the books. Want the game version, play the videogames. Want TV show witcher, watch the TV show. Each are their own animals :shrug:

Hmm, I wonder if Shakespeare got hate when he did Romeo and Juliet... Or if the Royal Shakespeare Company gets hate literally every time they put on a new Shakespeare production :smart:

In any case, I don't really understand people who are salty about the show not being a carbon copy of the books. Although in some cases it feels like some people are salty about it not being a carbon copy of the games, which aren't even the same as the books anyway.

Want book version Witcher, read the books. Want the game version, play the videogames. Want TV show witcher, watch the TV show. Each are their own animals
It's a little bit my thoughts...
A serie inspired by TW3 who would follow the exact same story than in the game (like searching Yenefer at White Orchad with Vesemir, kill a royal griffon for Nilfgaard captain, meet Yenefer, going to talk to Emhyr, meet the Bloody Baron, find his wife, find his daughter and the same until the end...
Should be damn boring to watch, in my opinion (except for those who didn't play the game indeed) :)
Honestly, better to watch that instead of a serie
But it's just my opinion.

Last edited:
Emhyr in the books is another complicated character. Not to spoil anything, but there are very few one-dimensional characters, and that's what makes the books so good. There are some truly evil bastards, but not everyone.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't book Emhyr interested in Ciri to perpetuate the Elder Blood with her himself?
That makes him the single worst guy in the whole story. He and Ciri definetly got portrayed less negatively in the game (TW3 Emhyr is a Lord Tywin kinda guy and Ciri is, shall we say, like his Jaime)

A serie inspired by TW3 who would follow the exact same story than in the game (like searching Yenefer at White Orchad with Vesemir, kill a royal griffon for Nilfgaard captain, meet Yenefer, going to talk to Emhyr, meet the Bloody Baron, find his wife, find his daughter and the same until the end...
Should be damn boring to watch, in my opinion (except for those who didn't play the game indeed) :)

Guess what, the Titanic sank in the movie too.

Boring indeed (also not canon). The books is where it's at (incidentally, I started reading The Last Wish today). However, the show has chosen to deviate from them as far as anyone ever could, which is disappointing

Last edited:
Top Bottom