Netrunner mixed with Tech / StreetKid good idea?

+
Hey Guys just curious if starting with all points divided in Tech and Int would be a good idea, what you think?

First char was corpo but the lack of coping with other Corpos further ingame ruins my Immersion so thinking about a restart with StreetKid as you stay Gangsta V after the 6 Months fast forward. And would make sence to be a techie also when you hack and know systems. Not like my Stealth Int Corpo with no Tech knowledge.

Sincerely

You already mentioned doing a stealth INT build, but TECH really doesn't benefit INT other than raising your INT high enough to use some of the better crit cyberware in your cortex. If you really want to go with TECH, I would just focus on it, raise your INT to 9 at most and then put the rest into COOL or REFLEX. Not specifically for stealth though.

TECH is completely unnecessary unless you just want it for opening doors. If you are using INT, then your goal is to mainly use quick hacks for combat. TECH weapons are useful (mainly the shotgun and sniper rifle) during the early levels because they shoot through walls, but crafting is largely pointless for INT, and so is armor. You also don't really need to bother with the weapons either after you get a decent cyberdeck. The most complimentary stat to go with INT is COOL.

Have both at 6 at the start, raise COOL to 7 first just to grab the two rank 7 stealth perks (15% damage while in stealth, 15% damage to humans) and then focus on raising INT to 20 if you want to break the game by level 16. Also put a single point into Cold Blood so that you can passively raise it per kill to hit rank 2 for a permanent 10% chance to crit.

Last edited:
TECH is completely unnecessary unless you just want it for opening doors. If you are using INT, then your goal is to mainly use quick hacks for combat. TECH weapons are useful (mainly the shotgun and sniper rifle) during the early levels because they shoot through walls, but crafting is largely pointless for INT, and so is armor. You also don't really need to bother with the weapons either after you get a decent cyberdeck. The most complimentary stat to go with INT is COOL.

Have both at 6 at the start, raise COOL to 7 first just to grab the two rank 7 stealth perks (15% damage while in stealth, 15% damage to humans) and then focus on raising INT to 20 if you want to break the game by level 16. Also put a single point into Cold Blood so that you can passively raise it per kill to hit rank 2 for a permanent 10% chance to crit.

You already mentioned doing a stealth INT build, but TECH really doesn't benefit INT other than raising your INT high enough to use some of the better crit cyberware in your cortex. If you really want to go with TECH, I would just focus on it, raise your INT to 9 at most and then put the rest into COOL or REFLEX. Not specifically for stealth though.

Uh thank you very much. Maybe a good idea to get out of the comfort zone because grilling people with cyber attacks it quite easy and Stealth is also, even if I thought it's harder, kind of not putting more difficulty to it. It's kind of well, stay on the other side of the street and roasting your enemies, later on break ya neck watch ya step.. Show me what you got. (looting)

My Int character be like: "When I walk down the street, people go crazy and commit suicide" Had a ton of fun so far with my quickhacking abilities :D

But my next character will be a Body and Reflex guy with focus on brutal combat.

Personally, i think you should do what you enjoy doing... dont focus on maxing out the character or best possible skill combinations, because those would just ruin your experience making you too powerful for the game content... instead, play the game, use what you want to use and expand on it...

Top Bottom