Night City Wire Episode 3 Suggestion: Rock Music

+
From what we know NCW Ep 3 will be the final presentation of the game before release and CDPR have said that they will focus on radio stations. I am very worried about this. Since the early 2010s Rock has been on the border between the underground and the mainstream. Its not like its underground in the sense that it still appears on the charts but its not mainstream like it once was. Its not Top 40 but albums still sell extremely well. As a Rock and Metal fan it is disheartening to have grown up in an era where its well past its prime. Aside from shooters like Doom and Wolfenstein, it seems that Rock and Metal doesn't have a place in most in-game soundtracks and it comes down to a real lack of representation. Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines 2 is looking to be a big example of this. What I loved about the original game was the gothic atmosphere and aesthetic and that was 100% represented in the music being totally littered with Goth Rock and Industrial Metal. Now if you look at the sequel coming out soon, the gothic atmosphere and aesthetic is gone and the music is mostly EDM. If you look at CP 2020 it is like a holy grail of Punk and Hair Metal music and fashion and most of the stations are Rock based. I will say that it is dated and the stations are too Rock based (and this is coming from a rocker myself) and I am glad that more genres are given representation but I am concerned that will come at the expense of Rock, Punk and Metal. With 2077 the fashion is very Hip Hop inspired with the exception of the Nomads and some of the Afterlife NPCs and I am concerned this will be like Bloodlines 2 in the overall tonal shift where it is less about leatherclad Rockerboys with a guitar strapped over their shoulders and more like gold chains and lowriders. The majority of the featured artists are Rock and Electronic based but I am hoping its not like 3 EDM stations to 1 Rock station. That being said I would be happy with at least 2 Rock stations and I hope that they aren't just a handful of songs per station

They also mentioned the score, which is something that I'm really looking forward to if they show it in the third episode.

Edited the thread title. @Draymar23 Please remember to be clear when making thread titles so that people don't think this is News or actual from CDPR info. Thanks.

OST was mentioned for the next episode and maybe more music but either rock is in the game or not, hoping it is in the next episode won't change that at this point. I want good rock in the game too. I hope we get to see more crafting or net running in episode. 3.

Top Bottom