There were many of them
This bothered me in the demo, NPCs clones in a 2020 AAA game? :(
NPCs.png

npcs_Easy-Resize.com.jpg

The clones continue in the gameplay of E3 2019
cloness2.png
cloness.png

Bugs
Some NPCs disappear, in the trailer and demo this happens + Some NPCs have no head / body
TRAILER.png

Some of these bugs that I mentioned are shown in this video >
0:36 ???
0:48 NPC invisible head
1:22 NPCs disappear

Bonus:
bugg.png

I look forward to this game
But I hope the CD fix those problems :sad:

Last edited:
That's a pretty decent amount of visual bugs for such a short amount of gameplay, even in "alpha" or whatever they're considering it. And this was on a pretty well set up PC, so some of that pop in is concerning

two years before release we got this, and it wasn't even meant for the public. We got it because everyone wanted it so bad after hearing that some people got to see it. Just be happy we got to see some real gameplay, if it was any other game developer we would only get a pre made non gameplay teaser for 4sec at that time of development.

Ok maybe not every other game, but you get the point, it's super early and just be happy about what we got at that time. Think they said that every NPC will be different in the final game, but even if you at some point see the same guy, dose that really matter? Just look at GTA or any other big open world game, it happens.

two years before release we got this, and it wasn't even meant for the public. We got it because everyone wanted it so bad after hearing that some people got to see it. Just be happy we got to see some real gameplay, if it was any other game developer we would only get a pre made non gameplay teaser for 4sec at that time of development.

Ok maybe not every other game, but you get the point, it's super early and just be happy about what we got at that time. Think they said that every NPC will be different in the final game, but even if you at some point see the same guy, dose that really matter? Just look at GTA or any other big open world game, it happens.
What are you talking about wasn't meant for the public? They presented a doctored up hand holding gameplay demo to everyone. It certainly wasn't due to feeling pressured. That would be pathetic.

They showed only what they wanted and there were these flaws. It's open to criticism just like anything

What are you talking about wasn't meant for the public? They presented a doctored up hand holding gameplay demo to everyone. It certainly wasn't due to feeling pressured. That would be pathetic.

They showed only what they wanted and there were these flaws. It's open to criticism just like anything

If you didn't know, last E3 they had some small groups of people that got to see then they played this demo live. They did this so people could write about it, but they didn't let the public see it. A lot of people was disappointed of this, and wanted to see it to, so after a while they said okay, we will let everyone see it even if it's just an alpha build and it was not meant to be an official gameplay release.
Still the same demo, and yes, it's probably one of the better gamplay videos they could make, but it's the same demo build, so all the bugs that the small groups got to see, we saw to. And the most important part is that it's not a computer playing, it's a person, so very hard to make everything perfect for 50min.

It's not pathetic, they just listen to the people. No need to be rude.
But if this new gameplay that's comming also has the same bugs you should be worried, because this will probably be the same that was on the floor of this E3, so it should be better because this was meant for the public from the start.

Yeah, sorry, that sounds made up. They're doing the same thing this year, private showing of gameplay then doctoring it up to make a presentation of the same content. It was already confirmed that it's the same gameplay that was shown at E3 this year. I've yet to see anything indicated that they didn't intend on showing gameplay to the public last year.

You have a source?

Not on hand, but just what was said. Even think CDPR said it themselves.
Do you have proof that it was planed?

If it was the plan last year, then why didn't they have it on the show floor like they did this year?
They didn't have the new gameplay from this year on the show floor. It was another private audience showing that they are going to doctor up and show to the public at PAX.

Without a source, your claim isn't credible. Considering they are doing the same this year as they did last year, the pattern suggests it was entirely intentional. Nothing else to suggest otherwise. The public cries to see stuff all the time, but get nothing until a company is ready. Hell, people want to see this years gameplay but are forced to wait months. I don't think your claim is correct

While the popping might be reduced in the final game, the repeated NPC's in the crowd will be a thing and there is no debating that. There might be some system, which will modify some visual components of them procedurally to make them a little more visually distinct, but if you expect they will make a completely unique model for every background NPC, there is no chance of that happening. Not in the open world game.

But ... but I want my $300 console to behave like a multi-million dollar supercomputer !

They didn't have the new gameplay from this year on the show floor. It was another private audience showing that they are going to doctor up and show to the public at PAX.

Without a source, your claim isn't credible. Considering they are doing the same this year as they did last year, the pattern suggests it was entirely intentional. Nothing else to suggest otherwise. The public cries to see stuff all the time, but get nothing until a company is ready. Hell, people want to see this years gameplay but are forced to wait months. I don't think your claim is correct

Unlucky for you, I got nothing better to do today, so let's keep discussing this! And just so you don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be rude or anything, just me that has a different mindset than you on this subject. And I am bored, so why not spend some time writing.

So, first of all, the demo is almost the same on the floor and in private. The differences are that the private one is live and the change in character specs on the fly. Other than that it's the same from what people say. We don't know if we get the gameplay where they change specs or if we get the one that's just one. Still, everything else is the same. Of course the demo gameplay can be doctored so the graphics looks better and it runs better, but why not just trust them? Have they lied before? If so, when?
But if we go from that they are not lying to us, this gameplay is how the game looks like if we got the game today (still a year to go).

And about the gameplay we already got, I did a fast google search and even if I try to get info from last year I only get info about this year and this demo... Don't really feel like spending all night trying to win that argument, so you can't prove that it were a plan and I can't say it weren't. The only thing I found was they saying that they did a private demo because they want the public to see a better version of the game. But you can turn that to means doctored video and I can say it means it wasn't planed to be seen by the public.
So on that matter nobody can win until they go out and give an answer. And on the matter of if it was doctored or not, well if it was, why would they have bugs if they want it as perfect as posible? So the gameplay we saw was most likely the gameplay you would get if the game was in your hand that day. And some bugs for a game that won't be out for two years at that point is nothing. If the bugs are still in the game when it comes out, then I would understand if you complain.

CDPR is not like most companies, they actually listens to the people, so I would not be surprised to hear they gave us it just because we really wanted it and it got so great feedback from the people seeing it in private.
But hey, it's just opinions and speculations :)

E3 is public now, they did not show any new gameplay on the floor of E3. There was a 40 second trailer that had gameplay in it during their presentation, maybe you're thinking of that?

From IGN's report of the private viewing "We're live on the floor of E3 2019, and I'm currently heading into the behind-closed-doors, hands-off demo of Cyberpunk 2077. This is a brand new 45-minute chunk of gameplay, packed full of new details and interesting things to pull out. "

After E3, they stated we would see that gameplay likely in August.

GTA V has no clones (procedurally generating pedestrians)
RDR2 all NPCs are unique and with routines

Last edited:
Yeah, sorry, that sounds made up. They're doing the same thing this year, private showing of gameplay then doctoring it up to make a presentation of the same content. It was already confirmed that it's the same gameplay that was shown at E3 this year. I've yet to see anything indicated that they didn't intend on showing gameplay to the public last year.

You have a source?

CP2077-FrameAfterGameplayStream.png

Clones
Bugs
You're looking at what's basically an early beta demo, made specifically for the press BECAUSE of things like clones and bugs.

CDPR is currently working on both of these things because that's exactly what you do during late beta. Basic game systems and mechanics are at this point basically set in stone. Now is when you polish the soon-to-be final product. Squash bugs, refine mechanics (like random NPC generation), and all the other "little" things that separate a product made by Bethesda from one made by CDPR.

Last edited:
E3 is public now, they did not show any new gameplay on the floor of E3. There was a 40 second trailer that had gameplay in it during their presentation, maybe you're thinking of that?

From IGN's report of the private viewing "We're live on the floor of E3 2019, and I'm currently heading into the behind-closed-doors, hands-off demo of Cyberpunk 2077. This is a brand new 45-minute chunk of gameplay, packed full of new details and interesting things to pull out. "

After E3, they stated we would see that gameplay likely in August.

Well, here IGN is saying the show floor has a 30min demo.

And also here you have what I was saying about last demo not originally being for the public. Can still be lies, but why not trust them on this?

Top Bottom