NPCs Who Need Help

+
I run across NPCs in this "stranded motorist" setup in the Badlands on the regular. It really bothers me that when I stop to investigate, the NPC's only reaction is annoyance that I'm talking to them (like most NPCs). Would love to see scenes like this get a little developer love, so we can actually help them. Making the car actionable as a TECH task would be excellent, and after you do it the NPC will get in and drive away. ("Thanks!")

I also find wounded NPCs sometimes—people who V would like to help (Moxes for example), but there's no action possible but walking away and leaving them on the ground writhing in pain. It would be great to have a new action "Press F to use Medpak" or similar.

photomode_26022021_230815.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 2.12.43 AM.jpg

Last edited:
I was riding past this alleyway tonight right after I met with Claire at her garage. I saw this guy/pimp "I guess" slap this woman. No no no. I got off my bike and shot him in the head haha. Sometimes you can help :)

I also run across wounded NPCs sometimes—people who V would like to help (Moxes for example), but there's no action possible but walking away and leaving them on the ground writhing in pain. It would be great to have a new action "Press F to use Medpak" or similar.
Or just give them Bounce Back or something.

I keep fooling myself. Once in a while I'll find 2 NPCs in a rather loud conversation and I think "ooo, maybe a hidden quest to help solve whatever issue they are having?" I walk up and... nothing. Can't even talk to them.

I keep fooling myself. Once in a while I'll find 2 NPCs in a rather loud conversation and I think "ooo, maybe a hidden quest to help solve whatever issue they are having?" I walk up and... nothing. Can't even talk to them.
I don't think it's real life simulator.

No, but the last games I played were TW3 and the Arkham games where this was a thing and the impression I had with CP was the attention to detail and living-breathing Night City
Witcher 3 had maybe one quest like that with non-human lady and that's it. Yeah big difference, haha and Arkham games are not even open worlds tbh. My adivce is if you want quest like that, close to V's apartament there's damsel in distress attacked by Tyger Claw, here you go, hope I helped.
Also there's plety unmarked places around world where you can fight some enemies harassing shopers, random people etc. like a lot. Living breathing city won't hold you hand and show you: here my friend you can save that lady... :LOL:

I think couple of mini tasks like helping NPC with a car in a desert would be really nice. Expierenced that myself at the beginning when i tried to approach girl by a broken car etc. CDP made those animations and situations to put some life in a city which is good, but downside is that sometimes you clearly see some scenario going on and you approach just to find out theres any option for you.

I think at least some of those situations could be easily done without any new animations and a lot of scripting and mainly solved via dialogue options.

Witcher 3 had maybe one quest like that with non-human lady and that's it. Yeah big difference, haha and Arkham games are not even open worlds tbh. My adivce is if you want quest like that, close to V's apartament there's damsel in distress attacked by Tyger Claw, here you go, hope I helped.
Also there's plety unmarked places around world where you can fight some enemies harassing shopers, random people etc. like a lot. Living breathing city won't hold you hand and show you: here my friend you can save that lady... :LOL:
TW3 had a lot more than just one, it was pretty much any time 2 or more NPCs were having any sort of dispute. Sometimes they were marked with a ! sometimes they weren't marked until you talked to them.
As far as the Arkham games, they are as much open world as CP, just not as big. But that is beside the point.
The point is, there are NPCs in CP that seem different from the normal CP NPC giving me the impression that it may lead to something.

A lot of games have this implemented, where you walk up on someone having a conversation, and you can either use that Intel to do something or you could talk to them and be given a quest.

When I was driving down the desert highway and saw a car broken down on the side of the road and a person standing there alone looking at it, I was CERTAIN that was a call to action. Then I stopped and got off my bike and talked to the person and they said "Why are you bothering me?"

Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 4.07.50 AM.png

TW3 had a lot more than just one, it was pretty much any time 2 or more NPCs were having any sort of dispute. Sometimes they were marked with a ! sometimes they weren't marked until you talked to them.
As far as the Arkham games, they are as much open world as CP, just not as big. But that is beside the point.
The point is, there are NPCs in CP that seem different from the normal CP NPC giving me the impression that it may lead to something.
About TW3. Not really. There's nothing like that, maybe that one lady in Novigrad and that's pretty much that. Quests in W3 sure, but nothing random, even that lady in Novigrad isn't random.
About Arkham : open World but not as much as BIG, maybe you're on something...If world is bigger then maybe it's harder to find things like that... because in NC there's dozens of oportunities to help some people, literally dozens if not more, and that lady close to V's apartament is just one example. My advice is to explore city.
Post automatically merged:

A lot of games have this implemented, where you walk up on someone having a conversation, and you can either use that Intel to do something or you could talk to them and be given a quest.
No s..t? Do they also have 300 k NPCs you can see during one playthorugh?

Its not about number of NPCs around you. Its more about smart placing of those 10-15 individuals near one of main routes you will most likely pass during gameplay (roads or houses near some quests) which will give you impression that you can interact with a world. No one expects every single NPC to had a lifestory to tell.

When I was driving down the desert highway and saw a car broken down on the side of the road and a person standing there alone looking at it, I was CERTAIN that was a call to action. Then I stopped and got off my bike and talked to the person and they said "Why are you bothering me?"

View attachment 11189194
Did you shoot them after they declined your assistance and mocked you?

Its not about number of NPCs around you. Its more about smart placing of those 10-15 individuals near one of main routes you will most likely pass during gameplay (roads or houses near some quests) which will give you impression that you can interact with a world. No one expects every single NPC to had a lifestory to tell.
There's nothing like main routes in Cyberpunk , city is open, even one district from CP like Watson is huge. Novigrad from W3 is like one subdistrict and scale and functionality is not even compareable, you can enter Novigrad via 3-4 gates I guess, there's two three main road, no cars no traffic, interactions with NPCs just like in CP: two lines of dialogue and that'sit.
What are you saying feels really outdated for games who are stuck in "cities" with small size, when city is large compared to real life cities, you can't expect activity on every corner and every street, because it not like real cities work.
Numbers are important if you really try to imitate real city, they more important than any kind of more advanced AI npc, you won't interact with 300 k NPCs you will see during playthrough and it's more realistic and less gamey than city 5 times smaller with 10 x less NPCs, but better AI, ( if there's content and exploration for 150-200 hours of playing).
There's no city like NC (scale, verticality) in videogames, and there is no standard how it should work and how it shouldn't and how things should be balanced, because nobody tried something like that before with big map like this.

About TW3. Not really. There's nothing like that, maybe that one lady in Novigrad and that's pretty much that. Quests in W3 sure, but nothing random, even that lady in Novigrad isn't random.
About Arkham : open World but not as much as BIG, maybe you're on something...If world is bigger then maybe it's harder to find things like that... because in NC there's dozens of oportunities to help some people, literally dozens if not more, and that lady close to V's apartament is just one example. My advice is to explore city.
Post automatically merged:

No s..t? Do they also have 300 k NPCs you can see during one playthorugh?
That they dont, but whats the point of 300k NPC's if all they do is stand around like braindead arses. I dont think CDPR wanted it to be like this at all, but they had to cut corners here and there to make it fit in to the consoles.
And the PC players have to suffer a mediocre game for it.

Top Bottom