Overwhelming hunger/consume in a full row bug

+
Hi, I encountered a bug when applying the "Overwhelming hunger" leader ability on a unit placed in a full row. The leader destroys the unit but will not spawn the ekimara (as if there were no room).

The same happens when consuming adjacent insectoids with a certain unit (I can't remember its name) or a deathwish unit that spawns rats. Once they are consumed, it will not spawn the units if there was no space BEFORE the consumption. The point is, if they are destroyed/consumed, then there is enough space to spawn the units afterward.

Thank you!

Most likely it looks at the board state at the moment of activation, and doesn't account for changes that happen during its effect.

Yeah, that's what it looks like, but it reads:

"Order: Destroy an allied unit, then Spawn an Ekimmara in its row and boost it by the destroyed unit's power"

It clearly states that the unit is destroyed first, then the Ekimmara should spawn.

Last edited:
It clearly states that the unit is destroyed first, then the Ekimmara should spawn.
The full effect takes place before the card is actually removed; it doesn't pause in between the two parts. There have been other similar cases with other cards in the past, too, though rarely. It's just how the sequencing works.

The full effect takes place before the card is actually removed; it doesn't pause in between the two parts.
Then the description should somehow be reworded to make that clear, else it's misleading / open to misinterpretation.

It's just how the sequencing works.
I think the main point the OP is trying to make is not just to confirm how the mechanism is currently programmed to work (which could well be an oversight the devs aren't aware of i.e. a bug), but to suggest how it ought to work, given the expectation set by the card's description.

The full effect takes place before the card is actually removed; it doesn't pause in between the two parts. There have been other similar cases with other cards in the past, too, though rarely. It's just how the sequencing works.

Other cards don't work like that. For example, there is a card that locks and damages a unit by 3. If used on a 3-point deathwish unit, the deathwish won't trigger, therefore, it clearly locks the unit first, then destroys it.

Other cards don't work like that. For example, there is a card that locks and damages a unit by 3. If used on a 3-point deathwish unit, the deathwish won't trigger, therefore, it clearly locks the unit first, then destroys it.
I'd say it's not the same thing because the effects are entirely different and damage can happen at the moment of activation if lock can happen. Plus, like I said there have been other cases, specifically with spawning, in the past.

You can always report it to Support if you want. Wouldn't be the first inconsistency in the game.

Top Bottom