Patch 2.1 tanked performance for AMD cards as well...

+
So I like many others have had my fps tank hard after 2.1 dropped and went looking online to see a lot of talk about the same issues and a few solutions for NVidia cards and little to nothing about AMD and just wanted to bring attention to the fact this is a universal issue and not brand specific one. I really don't have a working solution either but it is becoming clear that whatever CDPR did with 2.1 it trashed the games rendering engine since it's happening on all graphics platforms.
For reference I'm running a 5600x 32GB(16x2)ddr4400 ram and a 6600xt on a x570 mobo. Before 2.1 I was able to run at 1080p Ultimate no RT or FSR and get a buttery smooth 60+fps and a smooth cinematic 30fps medium with medium RT and no FSR. After 2.1 RT was unusable and with it turned off I would get a minute or two of smooth ultimate settings and then the game would start suffering digital epilepsy and give a choppy sub 30fps. I found exiting the game and reloading would temporarily fix the issue but it will come back again and isn't a real solution. It's frustrating because I started a new playthrough for the DLC, plus I hadn't played in a long while and needed to learn all the different changes they've made.

I am in the same exact position. I bought the DLC and started a new playthrough, with the DLC being the last thing I do in the playthrough. Cannot even play now due to the absolutely unacceptable performance issues that have yet to even be mentioned by CDPR. They have my 30 bucks, and I haven't even been able to enjoy the content I paid for. Pretty close to figuring out how I can get my money back.

Top Bottom