[PC] BUGS I have encountered, solutions and Quality of Life improvements

+
For so many years, players have put CDPR on a pedestal, deservedly so with what they’ve accomplished with The Witcher series, but I understand with that level of recognition comes enormous pressure. I’ve heard about the situation with Cyberpunk being unplayable for last-gen consoles. Me myself being a PC player have also encountered a large number of bugs.

Here I have compiled a list of bugs encountered during my Street Kid PC playthrough of the Cyberpunk. I hope it helps in some way. I have also never posted on this forum before, so if there's a dedicated mean of reaching CDPR directly, I would be happy to send the information its way.

Serious (but not necessarily game-breaking):
  • Quest won’t update once you’ve visited ripperdoc Vik Vektor for the first time. Can be fixed by reloading save.
  • Crafted tech weapons (Nekomata/Widow Maker) won’t fire at times even when fully loaded. Got me killed more than once. Can be fixed by reloading save. This seems to happen when you switch out scopes.
  • Some objects require maneuvering V’s position to pick up, some can’t be picked up at all. This seems to be a problem when you set Field of View to 100.
  • Disassembling a certain number of grenades does not display the ones remaining in the stack – but a full stack instead, meaning you can accidentally dismantle your entire stack of grenades without realizing it.
  • When looting Drones and Robots, if you tap F instead of holding it (Take All), you can only grab the first item.
  • With a Little Help from a Friend: after the campfire, all save functions (quick and auto) are nonfunctional, even after the mission. Skipping time via the menu seems to fix it. Fast travel is disabled too once the save problem is fixed. Reloading save works.
  • Sometimes fast-traveling from the Badlands back to Night City causes the whole city surrounding to not load. V is stuck in a void.
  • Sometimes when putting down bodies, even gently, they will drop as if from high up and die. Pacifist/Stealth players beware.
  • A Like Supreme: during the mission to rescue Nancy/Bes Isis from the Maelstrom gang, there is a body-hiding crate that faces INTO a shelf, and thus when you attempt to hide body in it, V gets clipped into the shelve, unable to move.
  • The Beast in Me: during the final race, if you reload from an autosave, the race track has pedestrian vehicles in it! Granted it adds some challenge and a cool vibe, but I don’t know if it’s intentional or not.
  • Gig - Guinea Pig (and many other missions): legendary items vanished from my inventory or their container when reloading saves.
  • Enemies automatically go to alert-state on the whole premise when reloading saves.
Visual/Audio
  • Sometimes clothing articles won’t show up when you equip them. Can be fixed by applying a new piece, then put the piece you want back on.
  • Evelyn Parker teleporting while sitting during the first braindance sequence. A bit hilarious.
  • Jackie either holds nothing or holds his weapon while handing V the Relic chip.
  • The mirror won’t display cracks when V is prompted to smash it after (SPOILER) a certain friend’s death. Not a major issue but can be damaging to storytelling.
  • Sometimes NPCs’ mouths don’t move when entering a conversation with rather complex animation (example, Judy sitting in her van and V entering).
  • Phone call portraits are split and distorted after doing Delamain’s car collecting quest. The issue is persistent. Reloading save doesn’t fix it.
  • Finishing moves with Gorilla Arms make no sounds.
  • Whenever I load saves, the bottom right UI shows the Power-type sniper rifle I have in my inventory (Grad, Overwatch, O’Five), even though it is not equipped in any of the weapon slots.
  • The game is unusually dark, but when going from shadow into sunlight it gets blindingly bright. I guess this is a trick to give the game time render differently-lit objects, but it hurts the eyes.
  • Play It Safe: Takemura’s chip doesn’t display plans for the infiltration when slotted.
  • The float’s dragon (which I assume is supposed to be a glowing holographic one just like the koi fish) looks like balloon and stays stuck.
  • When Wakako briefed V on the parade, there was no on-screen information even though he slotted a chip. No idea if this is intentional.
  • Sinnerman: when Wakako contacted V for this job, the set of dialogues explaining the situation was not heard or seen in subs.
  • The Hunt: the cartoon’s music keeps playing in V’s mind. Reloading save fixes it.
  • Raindrops appear on Detective River Ward’s car long before it starts raining.
  • Dream On: Jeff’s phone floats in midair, and the man himself keeps switching between standing and sitting animation, landing the phone squarely in his crotch. This is both annoying and hilarious.
  • Space Oddity: the bum who’s supposed to be leaning against the desk is hovering, and his lips aren’t moving.
  • The Badlands is unusually quiet. Not even the sounds of wind or leaves.

Quality of Life Improvements
  • Disassembling items should take at least one second longer, and make distinctive sound to avoid mistakes.
  • The game needs simple, single-key access to menus like Map/Crafting/Character/Backpack – which also functions to exit that menu, like in The Witcher 3.
  • There should be a LOCK FAVORITE function for weapons you want to keep, so you won’t dismantle them by mistake.
  • Why can’t we customize weapon colors? This feature probably will be in the DLC, but just seems like a weird choice currently.
  • Objects primed for pick-up should be highlighted, and should be where the player aims the dot reticle.
  • Radio station should be shown when quick-changed with tapping [R], like in GTA.
  • The Milfguard commercial – it got really old, really fast. Sometimes it pops up during important conversations.
  • Need a persistent marker on potential job-starting phone calls because sometimes I accidentally scrolled over them and thus removed the mark.
  • The phone message archive is a nightmare, needs alphabetical order. Fixers should be grouped separately.
  • Some pedestrians remain in panic forever after being in proximity of a firefight while others seem just dandy. This is not essential, but kinda breaks immersion.
  • Bumping into pedestrians, using double-jumps cause widespread panic.
  • Bars, buildings and other accessible establishments should have distinct names/icons.
  • Stash doesn’t work on the Kusanagi bike. Don't know if it's intentional, but if it is, isn't it just weird that the devs chose the “realistic” approach to this while V him/herself is carrying over 300 kilos of hot iron all the time?
  • Why in God’s green earth the button to reload your gun [R] the same as the one to pick up and use one on the ground?
A Few Words from a Fan

Looking back at CDPR’s record, what you guys have accomplished with The Witcher series is nothing short of monumental, pushing the envelope with every entry. That ambition, passion, commitment and willingness to lay your hearts out to the community are what make CDPR special, in an industry that has grown comfortable with churning mediocre drivel with little to nothing to say.

All I want to say is: Cyberpunk 2077 – without a doubt is buggy and flawed, but it is also special. I can’t remember how many times I’ve stopped just to look up at the mega buildings of Night City, read through every e-book I found, listened to NPCs’ conversations - because in the world you’ve constructed I can feel your passion permeating through every brick, every graffiti on the wall – and I have been and am happy to immerse, to become lost in that world time and time again.

So, CDPR team, you made mistakes and some questionable decisions, but now is also the time to prove why you’re one of the best developers in the “biz”. Stay calm, don't panic, stay focused, communicate with your players - and best of luck to you all.

Attachments

• Jeff's high-tech Mr Stud alternative.png
    Jeff's high-tech Mr Stud alternative.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 178
  • Jeff's high-tech phone floating.png
    Jeff's high-tech phone floating.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 123
  • Phone call portraits distortion 1.png
    Phone call portraits distortion 1.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 129
Top Bottom