PC: XboXJoyPad sensibility issue after 2.1 drop

+
XboXJoyPad sensibility issue after 2.1 drop

Guys, I've played this game 18th times so u can understand me when i say that now is just mine favorite VP playground, so i basically have all the VP-related mods u can think about even the OtisCamera tool. To use this tool, Joypad is a must have... moving camera around by Mouse and Keyboard is a damn pain so, even if i play with the old fashion mouse and keyboard, i have the joypad connected 'cose, u know, i have it and i can use it as i damn like it.

problem comes with 2.1: since that patch dropped, due i dunno what damn mess applied to joypad function, now it seems like if the I/O channel dedicated to the joypad is in a ALWAYS ON status... and it send me nuts 'cose i'm playing via mouse and keyboard and suddenly my V turns somewhere out of the blue and I've to physically disconnect the JP.

anyone has a .ini file to tweak, some settings to share or tfik any advice of any kind? (beside connect the pad when u need it, 'cose man, it's a bug applied from 2.1 not a damn feature...)

Last edited:
Video senza titolo - Realizzato con Clipchamp.gif
maybe a clip can explain better?
as u can see, game in keyboard mode... but still it takes input from joypad's left stick...

So if I understand correctly this sounds like a stick drift issue.

There were some changes made to controllers dead zones in 2.1.

CDPR made a page about it. Might be worth a try https://support.cdprojektred.com/en...ng-stick-drift-when-playing-with-a-controller

if that doesn't help, I got nothing because I'm not sure I understand what is happening.

I've no idea of how should look a stick drift issue...

only thing i know is thar, as u could be able to see, game shows keyboards shortcut appearance (letters) and there is no swap to joypad's shourtcuts (arrows and so on).
what happens is that the game does not isolate the inputs to the active input device but "listen" simultaneously from both of them...

I get what you're saying and I agree it's weird that it's not changing to controller inputs but have you tried changing the dead zone settings like CDPR indicated?

Because as far I know, adding support for PS5 dualsense and the dead zone, there was nothing else touching controllers in 2.1

I mean, what have you got to lose?

I get what you're saying and I agree it's weird that it's not changing to controller inputs but have you tried changing the dead zone settings like CDPR indicated?

Because as far I know, adding support for PS5 dualsense and the dead zone, there was nothing else touching controllers in 2.1

yeah, sorry, i did not mention that but i changed them accordly to CDPR post the second i spotted it on twitter...
Post automatically merged:

Also, as u can see the drift stick issue and his solution r for those who r actually playing with a controller...
i'm a human being: i leave controllers to consolle players XD

Attachments

• controller.png
    controller.png
    277.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
yeah, sorry, i did not mention that but i changed them accordly to CDPR post the second i spotted it on twitter...
Post automatically merged:

Also, as u can see the drift stick issue and his solution r for those who r actually playing with a controller...
i'm a human being: i leave controllers to consolle players XD

Yes, I'm able to read.

Whether you use it or not to play is irrelevant, if it's plugged in and sending inputs to your game you are effectively using it and the post applies to you.

If you tried setting the dead zones to no success, all I have left is some kind of incompatibility between the mods you are using and the changes CDPR made. Might be worth a try getting in touch with the mod authors/check comments on their pages.

Otherwise try sending a ticket to CDPR.

Top Bottom