Sharp gpu utilization drop post 2.1

+
Hello!

GPU utilization is down post patch in RT overdrive mode. Used to have it mostly at 99-100% before 2.1, now it begins at a 100% after loading and gradually drops to between 70 and 80% after a minute or so and mostly stays there. If you enter the game menus/map and then go back to the game, it jumps again to full load only to start dropping again to stabilize around mid 70's. Framerate is affected. Have a RTX 4080, playing at 4k, everything on max with dlss and framegen on, no mods.

Hi!
yes!
Since 2.1 when having everything maxed out with DLSS upscaling + Frame generation GPU drops to 80%. DLSS Performance, Balanced or Quality doesn't matter it always stabilizes at 80%.
When disabling foe Frame Generation, the GPU makes 99-100%

I'm on a RTX4090 with 546.31 (hotfix)

EDIT: Turning off "ray reconstruction" makes GPU go up to 99-100% as well.
Tried go for the november gpu driver with same result.

EDIT2: This looks to be mostly isolated when in Badlands.

Last edited:
same here with rtx 4060, good utilization without ray reconstructionm, but when turning the ray reconstruction back on it tanks sa utilization as low as 75-80%

Hi!
yes!
Since 2.1 when having everything maxed out with DLSS upscaling + Frame generation GPU drops to 80%. DLSS Performance, Balanced or Quality doesn't matter it always stabilizes at 80%.
When disabling foe Frame Generation, the GPU makes 99-100%

I'm on a RTX4090 with 546.31 (hotfix)

EDIT: Turning off "ray reconstruction" makes GPU go up to 99-100% as well.
Tried go for the november gpu driver with same result.

EDIT2: This looks to be mostly isolated when in Badlands.
For me it seems to be everywhere, although im now spending most of the time in Dogtown. Posters on reddit seem to think its related to ray reconstruction.

Top Bottom