Player chracter reflection (+possible solution on devs side)

+
Just got to this subject because before, somewhy i didn't notice that i don't see V's reflections in windows etc. I wondered if there's a solution and did some digging.
Mods like "full ray tracing including V" and "JB - TPPMOD WIP third person" kinda solves this, but just kinda. AND without noticeable hit on FPS (mirrors special mechanics are made mostly for non-RTX videocards) because of using RTX technology.
I've even set it up to not change camera position when i'm switching to my weapon but here comes problem with getting into car. TPP MOD just doesn't work well with this.
I hope CDProjektRED will solve this problem (not with mods, but with Vs reflections generally) some day.

And actually i have an idea about it. What can be done?
1. Make V's in-world model with proper limbs positions and animations of aiming, so they won't look extremely weird (you can see it now in third person view or in reflections).
2. Place camera right before V's eyes (not at his/her throat, how it's made now), so there won't be any clipping, camera diving inside head etc. Also we will actually see, that V is average height, not lower than everyone else.
You will say, that there will be clipping when you look down (seeing V's face etc.). But that won't be true because camera will move along with head, so when we will look down it will slightly shift forward (like it's implemented in "immersive first person" mod)
3. Also as bonus to immersion, attach camera movement to head position (and hands position when aiming) so we can move our head at least 45 degrees right and left and only then character will start turning his/her body. Possibly there will be need in animation of moving hands a bit to the sides when aiming straight downside to avoid clipping. Also limiting aiming angle when crouching may be improtant.
4. Second bonus. It will be really nice if there will be option (maybe some mini-patch or official mod?) for RTX users to convert mirrors into RTX-mirrors, so they will always cast reflections instead of using special FPS-heavy game mechanics. Car rearview RTX-mirrors also would be nice.

P.s. It's not request, but some loud out thinking about my (and not only my) wishes and possible ways to implement them.

Doubt we'll see it for this game but it would be a good inclusion for the next title. It's not something I personally need in the game but apparently ppl like to see themselves a lot lol

Top Bottom