Playing very hard, avoiding damage increasing perks... still super super easy. Gun scaling is insane, so I never get attached to them.

+
So, I enjoy hard mode in games.

Hard. Not very hard. I don't go crazy, I don't go to the maximum possible difficulty. Here I actually had to because it's so easy that hard wasn't even remotely challenging. I've taken maybe 5 increase damage nodes all game? And zero for my shogun or my assault rifles or my SMGs. Mostly a few for sniper if i'm launching a surprise attack etc, pistol for when I'm playing stealth, but I don't need stealth except when i want to roleplay. Even with no bonuses any one of my shotguns will kill pretty much anything on the basis of level alone... if i upgraded my shotgun damage they'd stop being fun entirely. On very hard.

Do i die? Sure, but I respawn and annihilate everything with ease. I don't craft, because i actually don't want my weapons to be stronger, my katana would be over 1500 dps if I upgrade to purple... why would I need that? And I have no damage nodes, just a little attack speed. Like the cyberpsychos I needed to dodge a fair amount early on, they were a good fight, now they die too fast too, because they don't scale and the scaling of the guns ramps up at 10x the speed of anything else.

They should cut the gun scaling in half. And the other negative is if I find a gun i truly love, I never really get attached because I'll find a green version that's 60% more powerful in the same session. I wish weapon scaling was a fraction of what it is (also then mods would matter, like 6 extra damage a shot is good for shotguns, but useless on pistols with 300+ dps, as it stands it's too insignificant to matter and i don't actually want to increase the dps anyway). If mods were a bigger deal and scaling less, maybe we'd invest in upgrading our weapons?

i wish we could scale missions to our level, or to moderate or high danger. Or better yet, scale to our level.

That option would add a lot to the game. Still wouldn't fix the gun scaling though, because holy crap.

But the greatest irony of all? My badass hand missile launcher? It sucks. II mean tranq rounds kill anything, but that's not fun so i don't use them, and the explosive and electro don't scale at all it seems so they do nothing but knock guys over with minimal damage. I hit harder with a white crowbar.

So balance. Make mods matter, make the cyberware weapons balanced, take down the gun scaling or let us scale to our level or to moderate or hard danger.

Honesty, i wish every gun had base unscaling damage, and we could put components/upgrades in to build them up the way we wanted.

I think the problem is the guns too...

Making guns scale that much is not so friendly, i face enemies that have 20dps when i have 200dps, nothing against become a god in the game, is a single player if you want that way, go for it, but some balance indeed should exist, because something is off.

Thank you for this! Raise awareness of these bigger issues because this is actually harmful to the gameplay experience in its entirety. If combat occupies most of what I do, should it not be functional at least?

I reiterate on this from elsewhere but the reason scaling is so broken is because it was purposeful. My guess is that they could not balance all systems and levels of the game properly and equally so they cut a major corner and just implemented a dummy system until they can develop or release a better one through hotfixes or patches.

Yes, many parts of the game looks incomplete... everywhere you look you see a function that is not working as it should.

This gun part remember a scene in the witcher where a guard take Gerald weapons and talk about how that steel should cut everything, and Gerald reply that is not the steel but the wielder, well... we know that was not the case.

I think guns should scale to some point yes, but most of the damage should be with the perks, not in the gun, quick example, if you raise crafting you can get a gun that one hit everyone, even if you do not put perks in the gun tree, of course making a nice gun should help, but should not help that much. But to be honest, don´t know how they could fix this now.

If there are so many guns dropping with the intention of it having a loot system akin to Diablo/Destiny as examples, there is no other way but to tie the damage to the base stats of the gun or general weapon that drops. This is how almost every game works but here, it seems they just faked a system or created one so purposefully invisible that we would not question it but simply look at the bigger, shinier number that pops up like a carrot on a stick.

You cannot mouse over anything for a meaningful summary in the character stats screen and there is no real documentation on how the statistics even work but for what we have gathered through experimentation. That is, again, because there is likely no actual system in play but a mockup one. Without any structured core gameplay mechanics, gun scaling and all that is more or less irrelevant.

Stats need to matter relevant to gameplay, critical damage and critical chance needs to be able to stack and promote overpowered builds just like any other game. If your fear is that players less experienced will suffer from a poorer gameplay experience because you designed your gameplay around min/max stats, that is on your end. Find a middle ground and let the ones who intend to break the system do so; they know what they are getting themselves into. This is why we have difficulty sliders in the first place, also, so as to allow people who cannot find a happy medium in gameplay versus story to continue to enjoy the game.

I think they should have a favorite icon for items, so the dismantle part would not be so tense, i already dismantle good weapons because i was there just clicking it to release my carry weight, had to load savegame and start all over.

Indeed, if you want to break the system, break it, is the dev job to make a system that is not so easy to break, but still, if someone wants to break, will break with save file editors, trainer, console commands etc...

Skyrim, Fo4, games that i play a lot, you can break the system before start the main misson, and the game is a lot of fun, the witcher is more difficult, but breaks the game with the potion system, but the level system in W3 is strange.

If they would have designed a baseline game to suit their main focus, which appeared to be story driven experience (given their excuse why it was first person as opposed to third person), then they could have just given us a shooter and scrapped their investment in the RPG system entirely. It seemed purely as an afterthought, something that was meant to be developed near what the developers internally believed was the actual release date.

Imagine being the one asked to come up with, create, and implement concepts to a game and create your own planogram on timing and structure with an expected deadline. Then, only to have someone inexperienced on the higher-end come in and pep talk you into producing half of what you are capable of and giving you a time limit suddenly and you are expected to cut all the corners despite not being the one to make the terrible, piss poor decision to release the game early in the first place just because there was a Cyberpunk setting literally named Cyberpunk 2020. Sorry, but that was dumb, especially given 2020 was one of the worst years I think I have ever experienced. What was the point in honoring an old IP? Anyone can say it was for the late December release and for consoles but that was never in their original planner. December was the last shot they had after numerous delays last year. This seemed specifically to target 2020 for purely goofy symbolic reasons, if I may be honest.

Top Bottom