Please add an option to have subtitles only when a foreign language is being spoken!

+
This, this, all kinds of this.

I hate subtitles in games and movies; I catch myself reading rather than looking at the action, and it's very distracting. Yes, even with the font in CP2077 set to the smallest possible.

However, since this game has foreign languages out the wazoo, and turning off subtitles means you don't get the translations either, well, I have to choose between possibly missing dialogue or having the distracting subtitles. And it's deeply, deeply annoying.

Please fix this. I'm surprised we even have to ask; do the folks at CDPR always use subs and assume everybody else will, too? It seems like such a strange oversight.

For me, in 1.2/1.21, in french, on XBSX, no subtitles activated but when Saburo speak to Yorinobu, i have them (automaticly). Same with Voodoo Boy ;)

For me, in 1.2/1.21, in french, on XBSX, no subtitles activated but when Saburo speak to Yorinobu, i have them (automaticly). Same with Voodoo Boy ;)
Okay, I admit; I haven't tried turning off the subtitles since the last patch, but I scoured the patch notes and didn't see anything...
I'll give it another whirl, see what happens.

Then again, you say you're playing in French; who knows whether it'll work properly in English, neh? Like I say, I'll try it and get back to ya. :)

If it work in french, normaly it work in english.
The reverse is not always true, sadly :ROFLMAO:

(1.2 patch is full of little fix who they're not wrote in the patch notes).

Okay, yup. I just went through the scene in the Afterlife where Dex does his briefing; it didn't happen much--barely at all, really--but when Jackie spoke Spanish, the subtitles popped up..

So it seems to be werkin'. Rock. :)

Top Bottom