Poll: Bring back old reveal, yes or no?

+

Do you support bring back old reveal?

• Yes

Votes: 17 38.6%
  • Yes (With the tweak I mentioned in post)

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • Other

Votes: 8 18.2%

• Total voters
^This

Most of the homecoming mechnic changes are positive to me, but I don't feel like reveal needed the change at all

With lower points in general, spotter and other cards won't go stupidly op, making old reveal balanced, and with the unique aspect (revealing what you opponent have in hand), I don't see how new reveal is any better...too many RNG, and the "intel" (cards revealed) have basically no benefits

I feel like bring back old reveal (revealing a card in hand) is better, probably with some cards that are able to reveal in-deck cards (flip over), but not revealing randomly, reveal the top or bottom card, which making other "do X with the top/bottom card in deck" cards synergize together

It was infuriating to play against old reveal. They get to know what is in my hand and completely play around it and I get no knowledge. Knowing what is in someone's deck is quite valuable in my opinion. Still gives ideas of what the opponent's plans are.

I definitely don't want old Reveal back.

I used to play it myself a looooong time ago, before it was truly meta, and it was a lot of fun. (Edit: This was during the dorfs meta; I remember my deck "Morvran's Anti Dwarves" was teched against that deck.)

Later, when I was playing other decks, and Reveal was one of the top meta decks, I realized just how annoying it was to play against. I would be hoping (often against hope) that the opponents wouldn't reveal my key cards, and playing around reveals as much as I could.
It was the very definition of unfun, and I was actually happy I'd stopped playing the deck a lot earlier.

Last edited:
They're is no other deck I hate than old reveal. It would be OK with some changes. No ointment, or make spotters doomed. The handbuff deck was horrible. I don't like the new rng reveal either.

I don't understand why so many ppl don't like old reveal - most of the time you knew what you opponent had in hand anyway, no need to reveal it. The only really annoying thing about it was the reveal mirror.
Also, it fit well to Nilfgaard lorewise, with NG's spies basically knowing everything about the opponent...but I guess we threw faction identities out

I'd rather have armor.

I like the extra strategic depth that comes from having minions that have strong board presence but limited score value. It'd also help offset the sheer volume of removal that is already in the game even before expansions start showing up that will certainly bring more.

As for reveal...meh. Once someone playing a meta deck play 3-4 cards (or heck, in some cases just 1), you already know what cards they might have and to start playing around them.

For example, If your opponent is playing Skellige with Harald and they play Mastercrafted Spear, do you really need to see the An Craite Greatsword to know it's coming?

It was infuriating to play against old reveal. They get to know what is in my hand and completely play around it and I get no knowledge. Knowing what is in someone's deck is quite valuable in my opinion. Still gives ideas of what the opponent's plans are.

I would argue that them taking cards from your deck is worse. That is ridiculous.

Top Bottom