Problems (bug?) getting reward for mission "Bloodsport" -

+
Hi there,

I encountered a problem finishing the mission "Bloodsport". After helping Roh Chi-Won escape the quest marker leads me to a selling station (don't know the english word) where I should get the reward from Regina Jones. But the selling station seems to be out of order as I can't interact with it. The screen of the station is black, the game doesn't show the hint for the function key when approaching the station, and when I scan the station I get the message "target is unpowered" (or along that line, my language is German). I waited several days hoping the game would reset the station (it didn't) and I spent an hour trying to get into the building the station is attached to (didn't find a way into). So my question is: how can I get the station to work so I can finish the mission? Unfortunately Regina won't give me further missions until I complete the current one.

I searched Google and used the search function of this forum, but haven't found anything matching this problem so far.

Thank you for helping!
Benza

Attachments

• Bloodsport1.jpg
    Bloodsport1.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 66
  • Bloodsport2.jpg
    Bloodsport2.jpg
    281.3 KB · Views: 73
  • Bloodsport3.jpg
    Bloodsport3.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 64
  • Bloodsport4.jpg
    Bloodsport4.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 65
This is not normal, this drop point should always work (even outside the quest).
Do you use mods ? (or used on this save)
Anyway, if you didn't already try, verify the game files (and if possible, reload a previous save. Ideally, one created before even starting the GIG).
If it doesn't work, I suggest to directly contact the support for help if it's not already done ("contact us" button).

Thank you for your reply. Following your instructions I checked the integrity of the game files via GOG Galaxy, but that didn't help. I loaded older savegames, and back at the beginning the drop point was actually working. I remember when I arrived there first there was a fight going on and some NPCs threw grenades, so - maybe - that destroyed the drop point? Anyway, I really would not like to use one of these old savegames as I would loose tons of items as well as lots of hours of gameplay. I think I will follow your link to tech support hoping they can fix the savegame. I know, not being able to finish Regina's questline might seem a super minor problem, but being the type of player flipping every single stone just for the sake of not missing even the smallest sidequest I'd really have trouble not being able to finish Regina's missions. Right now I'm at 16 out of 23 missions, that would mean 7 lost missions... (sighs) :)

So again thx for your help. I'm gonna post here whatever the outcome will be.

Benza

Oh, I forgot - no mods. No cheats, no trainers and no console commands as well.

I remember when I arrived there first there was a fight going on and some NPCs threw grenades, so - maybe - that destroyed the drop point?
I don't think so. It's a former NCDP event and I already create big messes here during some my last playthroughs :)
But anyway, "nothing" that you can do or try, could break/damage a drop point, it's most probably a bug.
I know, not being able to finish Regina's questline might seem a super minor problem, but being the type of player flipping every single stone just for the sake of not missing even the smallest sidequest I'd really have trouble not being able to finish Regina's missions. Right now I'm at 16 out of 23 missions, that would mean 7 lost missions... (sighs)
Annoying anyway. Also because you won't get Regina reward to finishing her GIGs (nor the achievement I think, if it matter to you^^) :(

Yesterday night I found a savegame that I had missed before. It's very short before the start of the "Bloodsport"-mission, and the drop point is still working. I would loose only around 16 hours of gameplay, so I decided to start over from there. After I finished the quest and successfully got the reward from the drop point, I decided to give it a try and attacked the drop point with an EMP-grenade. It actually killed the drop point as you can see on the screenshots below. Interestingly this does not happen when the grenade is thrown directly in front of the drop point. But thrown from the side (see screenshot) it kills the drop point. Weird!

Anyway, problem solved. A few hours of gameplay, I can live with that. Thank you very much for your help!

Greetings,
Benza

Attachments

• Bloodsport5.jpg
    Bloodsport5.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 67
  • Bloodsport6.jpg
    Bloodsport6.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 63
  • Bloodsport7.jpg
    Bloodsport7.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 58
Yesterday night I found a savegame that I had missed before. It's very short before the start of the "Bloodsport"-mission, and the drop point is still working. I would loose only around 16 hours of gameplay, so I decided to start over from there. After I finished the quest and successfully got the reward from the drop point, I decided to give it a try and attacked the drop point with an EMP-grenade. It actually killed the drop point as you can see on the screenshots below. Interestingly this does not happen when the grenade is thrown directly in front of the drop point. But thrown from the side (see screenshot) it kills the drop point. Weird!

Anyway, problem solved. A few hours of gameplay, I can live with that. Thank you very much for your help!

Greetings,
Benza
Oh, interesting to know ;)
Anyway, I highly recommend to report it to the support, could be annoying (and game breaking).
I guess, it could happen to other players too... Because in theory, these drop points must be indestructible no matter what you can do, like the TP points :)

my shot in the dark is that the EMP grenade when thrown to the side of box deactivated the control panels on the side of the box because they were in range of the grenade but when the grenade was thrown in front of the box the magnetic pulse was not in the range of the control panels seen on the side so the box remained activated. I am glad you replayed a recent playthrough to discover what can happen to the drop box.

Top Bottom