Question about Gwent season

+
How long usually lasts season and what does season end reset? At example, are prestige ranks reset at season end?

Seasons last for one month (current one will end on the 30th).

Prestige won't reset, level won't reset, but rank will be "reset". Not sure how it's going to work in Homecoming, though. Used to be you kept 1/3 of the MMR you were at when season ended, but this is a new system.
Someone else may have more information; I've only been following official channels.

What does it even do by the way, I didn't see any details as to what happens anywhere....?
there currently isn't any list of what happens when the season ends, just a carry over of information from beta.

from that we know:
  1. There will probably be rewards based on our rank (no idea what those rewards will be, may be points only)
  2. The reward maps for the season will likely become available (may have rank requirements either to open or to purchase certain nodes)
  3. our ranked score will lower (no idea exactly how much)
that should be all

So season end rewards should be based on rank, not on rating? What is purpose of rating then? And then there are 2 ranks, actual and highest achieved.

I really noticed it immediately from start and I really dislike it. Gwent has very very very limited amount of official info in practically all aspects and that is bad for any game. If you play a game and you do not know what are consequences of this or that, game itself is losing its own face. Doing things and hoping that it will work somehow could attract certain kind of people, but I am strategist and I really like to get all relevant info to be able to make reasoned decisions.

In all competition events, there are announced/known rules and criterions and prizes at start of event. It should be always clear what is qualifying player for which prize.

I think that it is already pretty clear that Gwent is the most generous CCG, and that asking for more makes you look more greedy than the company which has an actual financial interest in keeping this game going.

But concerning the overall topic;
- Season rewards will unlock in December.

@Alexander_Volgin did you post in wrong thread or is it supposed to be answer to my questions? Because at first I asked how long is season and what is reset at end of season and secondly I asked what are criterions for rewards. Is it supposed to be highest achieved rank or actual rank or rating score, which is deciding player's position on leaderboards? If your post is supposed to be reply to me, you probably either misunderstood meaning of my post or I wrote it too vaguely. I am clearly not asking for bigger rewards, I am only asking for info about meachanics of season, what is its definition, what season consists of. And partially, I displayed my big disapointment from lack of info facing in all areas of Gwent (not just related to season). I have over decade experience with MtG, I play HS for more than 2 years, I have also several years of experience with chess tournaments and over decade experience with go tournaments including year-long go-clubs league or just even internal club league or tournament as well as big international tournaments, but I have never experienced any game or event, which is publishing so few information about basic matters, that are important for defining what is this "thing" about at all. I do not ask for bigger rewards or in extension for rewards at all. I ask for definition, what does it mean "season". And everything related to defintion of "season" should be announced at least at start of event.

Summary: My post is not about asking for rewards. I only ask for clear definition of what season exactly is. Definition of season in my opinion also means, what are steps of such event and what will happen in each step. That contains also info about what are measures of "success" in term of season. Is it rank (current/highest), is it rating, what does leaderboard do ...?

You should treat the current state of the 'official Homecoming release' as just another beta, because that's what it is. As such, a lot of information is missing because it's not priority for the devs to include it, and even if they do, it might change drastically in a month or so.
I believe in 5-6 months when a few seasons have passed, the game will look a lot more polished. (that's if it doesn't die prematurely)

Newbie here. My question is: is it better to have a better rank or a higher MMR? Right now I am a win away from rank 19 (just over 2000 MMR) and I feel I could probably keep going if I was using the two faction decks I have actually invested in building (Monsters and ST)

I try to avoid neutral characters because I like lore-friendly decks which means I can only build somewhat weak decks with the remaining three factions that are missing several cards I would need to tighten up the strategies I had in mind. Thats bound to send me in the opposite direction, rank-wise, but I would probably get some more MMR from sheer luck/grinding. Is it worth the trade?

Newbie here. My question is: is it better to have a better rank or a higher MMR?

This season, I don't think it matters. When, next month, the console players also get Homecoming, the new rank rewards will be introduced. In the end, I think the rank is what matters most.

Newbie here. My question is: is it better to have a better rank or a higher MMR? Right now I am a win away from rank 19 (just over 2000 MMR) and I feel I could probably keep going if I was using the two faction decks I have actually invested in building (Monsters and ST)

I try to avoid neutral characters because I like lore-friendly decks which means I can only build somewhat weak decks with the remaining three factions that are missing several cards I would need to tighten up the strategies I had in mind. Thats bound to send me in the opposite direction, rank-wise, but I would probably get some more MMR from sheer luck/grinding. Is it worth the trade?
I also find it really weird that rank and MMR are not tied together. For example I'm rank 9 and I have about 1200 MMR because I play only 1 faction.

My question is: is it better to have a better rank or a higher MMR?
This is incorporated in my question too. What are consequences of having better rank and what are consequences of having better rating? What will it mean at end of season? Also, I did not notice any info about changes to rating, which occured sometime during weekend. I noticed, that all factions got boost +1000 to their basic rating. At example, on Saturday 10/11, my Nilfgard faction rating was 11 and on Sunday 11/11 it was 511.
This season, I don't think it matters.
In general, for some, it does not, for some, it does very much. I am really not fan of approach, "lets try to do something (aka lets press random buttons) and we will see, what will happen". I am strategist/chess/go player I want to plan my moves ahead and prepare some strategy and tactic and aim to reach goals of that plan.

In my opinion getting Gwent out of beta prematurely is really hurting game reputation and makes disapointment of reasonable expectations. I as a new player, really struggle to get enough relevant info in several areas of Gwent (definition of season is just one of many) and it is really spoiling overal entertainment. I do not have problem (like many veteran players) with redesigning of game with homecoming changes. I like how Gwent is designed and I find its concept more entertaining than Hearthstone or Magic the Gathering. But bumping to info wall on every step is really hurting my sticked out nose. :p

Top Bottom