Quickhack "Reboot Optics" Bug?

+
According to the description, the quickhack “Reboot Optics” lasts 8 seconds. In my case, however, this lasts a maximum of 1 second or the opponent notices me directly. Since "Reboot Optics" has been my most used quickhack so far, this obviously bothers me extremely.
Is that a bug?

I’m not 100% sure, but I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a bug (or a mistranslation) in the version 2.0 Reboot Optics hack.

Whether there’s a bug/mistranslation, or not, the functionality of Reboot Optics has definitely changed in update 2.0.

Before 2.0, Reboot Optics was a “silent” hack, meaning that enemies would not start to become aware of V’s presence after Reboot Optics landed on an enemy target. Reboot Optics would, essentially, temporarily blind an enemy, allowing V to potentially sneak past the affected enemy, unseen and unnoticed.

Now, however, in 2.0, Reboot Optics is different. It is no longer “silent”. When you use Reboot Optics on a target, the enemy forces begin “tracing” V. If that “trace” reaches 100%, combat commences. So, Reboot Optics is now more useful as a (inexpensive RAM cost) way to debuff an enemy, particularly the enemy’s aim/accuracy, DURING combat.

Tl;dr? Reboot Optics is no longer a staple of stealth/sneaking builds. Instead, it’s a basic inexpensive debuff that one can use during combat.

Top Bottom