Netrunning 2.0...

+
... feels unfinished, just like the game's story.

What's the problem? I started fresh for Cyberpunk 2.0 and wanted to play as a netrunner, but it's simply not possible. However, if I load my old netrunner and apply the update, it works without any issues. In plain terms, this means that with Tier 5 hacks, you can do anything, but with Tier 3 hacks, you struggle like the biggest idiot in the world.

From Tier 1 to Tier 3, there's no improvement. I execute a combo of three hacks, only to find out that the enemy is still standing, having used 50% of my RAM for it????? I have no idea how Tier 4 hacks perform, but honestly, I don't even want to test it anymore. Getting to Tier 3 was stressful enough. It's said that enemies are supposed to level with you, but certainly not based on hacking. And I can't even go to Tier 4 because I lack the components for the upgrade.

Netrunning is terrible right now. I can somewhat manage the new tracking, but the costs for killing just one person are so high. I'm forced to rely on weapons that are terrible for hacking due to my skill choices. It's like sending a mage into battle with a sword and shield.

And the worst part is that the Intelligence skill tree contradicts itself and has level 20 skills that are just too weak!

Feedback Loop: Increasing my RAM regeneration by 25% for each hack in the queue sounds theoretically cool since there's no mentioned limit. But it's not needed because you can't keep a queue for more than 1 second anyway, and even if you could, it would cost so much RAM that you couldn't sustain it.

And the best part is that one skill further reduces the upload time!

Or the skill Queue Master: For a level 20 skill, you only get 15% more damage? But I have to load 4 hacks, and they have to be loaded long enough to gain an advantage with weapons? Ultimately, only the hacks benefit from the damage.

To me, it looks like some of these skills are remnants of an old, untested skill tree.

Changes:

Feedback Loop: Can receive a maximum of 500% regeneration but lasts for 6 seconds for each hack in the queue, individually.

Queue Master: Must significantly increase the damage.

Ping: All enemies revealed by Ping count as hacked during its duration.

Tracking: Only reveals the current position of the player when it reaches 100%, and enemies move to that location with increased alertness but not in combat mode. (This is meant to give players who want to play a stealthy netrunner the option to do so.)

I'm not able to buy quickhacks, i buy them but they don't appear in my inventory, WTF!

More than likely you're buying crafting specs, not actual quickhacks.
same issue, definitely dropped into my inventory and then was not there. I brought it from the seller in Kabuki. I brought it the same time as I got the quest ping hack

1695655252636.png

Last edited:

What's the problem? I started fresh for Cyberpunk 2.0 and wanted to play as a netrunner, but it's simply not possible. However, if I load my old netrunner and apply the update, it works without any issues. In plain terms, this means that with Tier 5 hacks, you can do anything, but with Tier 3 hacks, you struggle like the biggest idiot in the world.

From Tier 1 to Tier 3, there's no improvement. I execute a combo of three hacks, only to find out that the enemy is still standing, having used 50% of my RAM for it????? I have no idea how Tier 4 hacks perform, but honestly, I don't even want to test it anymore. Getting to Tier 3 was stressful enough. It's said that enemies are supposed to level with you, but certainly not based on hacking. And I can't even go to Tier 4 because I lack the components for the upgrade.

Netrunning is terrible right now. I can somewhat manage the new tracking, but the costs for killing just one person are so high. I'm forced to rely on weapons that are terrible for hacking due to my skill choices. It's like sending a mage into battle with a sword and shield.

And the worst part is that the Intelligence skill tree contradicts itself and has level 20 skills that are just too weak!

Feedback Loop: Increasing my RAM regeneration by 25% for each hack in the queue sounds theoretically cool since there's no mentioned limit. But it's not needed because you can't keep a queue for more than 1 second anyway, and even if you could, it would cost so much RAM that you couldn't sustain it.

Or the skill Queue Master: For a level 20 skill, you only get 15% more damage? But I have to load 4 hacks, and they have to be loaded long enough to gain an advantage with weapons? Ultimately, only the hacks benefit from the damage.

To me, it looks like some of these skills are remnants of an old, untested skill tree.

Changes:

Feedback Loop: Can receive a maximum of 500% regeneration but lasts for 6 seconds for each hack in the queue, individually.

Tracking: Only reveals the current position of the player when it reaches 100%, and enemies move to that location with increased alertness but not in combat mode. (This is meant to give players who want to play a stealthy netrunner the option to do so.)
I think that's a fair critique.

While I do believe Netrunning needed a nerf, it feels like they added a lot to Solo playstyle and the rest but didn't add anything to make Netrunning standout. The stacking is ok I guess but I think what's missing is stealth support to sort of supplement Netrunning so it feels like it's own thing.

Just tested it again. I've brought about 4-5 now same thing every time, this time I brought cripple movement and I am sure it was not a crafting spec unless its description issue.
1695656332638.png

Post automatically merged:

ah missed the heading at the top.. it is a crafting spec, too focussed on the small print.. my bad, I am short sighted, I see green a lot brighter than I do red in my defence

Last edited:
Just tested it again. I've brought about 4-5 now same thing every time, this time I brought cripple movement and I am sure it was not a crafting spec unless its description issue.
View attachment 11363578

ah missed the heading at the top.. it is a crafting spec, too focussed on the small print.. my bad, I am short sighted, I see green a lot brighter than I do red in my defence
no worries, it happened to me too. The devs really should have designed the crafting specs differently with a slightly different color or shape so that's it's easier to differentiate. They have some thin grid lines across the crafting spec items but it's not very easy to see.

Search "infinite Overclock Netrunner build" on youtube.

My only problem is the gonk ass autosave feature that can't be disabled for us console peasants. STUPID.

It's been an issue for a long time and they don't want to turn it off. TURN IT OFF CDPR. MY GAME KEEPS CRASHING. IT'S UNPLAYABLE and I'll demand a refund goddamnit. Literally an easy fix.

If you want to come out of the womb powerful af then use mods... Cyber Tweaks Engine is up and available.

I've mentioned this elsewhere for another build, but make sure you go to the docs and grab cyberware that increases Quickhack damage and ram. I'm playing a stealth netrunner and having no problems at all. Overheat is just ridiculous now especially if you get the cyber that allows quickhacks to crit.

Changes:

I mean I been using hacking as a aid to stealth by either preforming takedowns or using knives with my hacks. Hit them with sonic shock and overheat watch them light up and stick them in the head with a throwing knife to ensure they're dead. It's pretty fun actually. It has been nerfed but if you allow yourself to get into it and really commit to stealth and that style of gameplay it's for the better. Honestly it was way too easy before.

I've mentioned this elsewhere for another build, but make sure you go to the docs and grab cyberware that increases Quickhack damage and ram. I'm playing a stealth netrunner and having no problems at all. Overheat is just ridiculous now especially if you get the cyber that allows quickhacks to crit.
See I don't need to do that cause I am using stealth options like a silenced pistol and knives. So if I light them up I can take them down with my weapons as well. But yeah your correct the crits is insane.

Search "infinite Overclock Netrunner build" on youtube.

My only problem is the gonk ass autosave feature that can't be disabled for us console peasants. STUPID.

It's been an issue for a long time and they don't want to turn it off. TURN IT OFF CDPR. MY GAME KEEPS CRASHING. IT'S UNPLAYABLE and I'll demand a refund goddamnit. Literally an easy fix.
You should send them tickets to do this in an update and make a thread about it. I agree the autosave is gonk as heck. It's trash.

Top Bottom