Re-dubbing of some characters

+
I noticed that some characters were re-dubbed in the Night City Wire video, such as Dex and Victor the ripper doc. Dex's voice sounds a bit more artificial, while Victor has a much lower and serious tone of voice. Which honesty surprised me, as I thought the characters voices from the 2018 demo were fine. I think everyone else was OK with those original voices.

But I'm sure Cdprojek has it's reason as to why they re-dubbed some characters. As long as Cdprojekt makes a fun and memorable game while improving it, I'm fine with it.

What are your thoughts?

Madae

Forum veteran
Mostly the reason why I kind of stay away from watching anything about this. It's just part of the development process. Things change. If you don't like it, resist the urge to watch so you don't know any better, imo.

They changed Victor's voice? I hadn't noticed. I really liked his voice in the 2018 gameplay, it was very calming and made me feel all warm and fuzzy lol.

I wonder if they talk like that because V is male this time.
I remember I read that Victor will be more warm, friendly towards female V than for male V.

I noticed that some characters were re-dubbed in the Night City Wire video, such as Dex and Victor the ripper doc. Dex's voice sounds a bit more artificial, while Victor has a much lower and serious tone of voice. Which honesty surprised me, as I thought the characters voices from the 2018 demo were fine. I think everyone else was OK with those original voices.

I didnt notice any difference, but Dexter obviously was speaking a different line cause he was speaking to a male V (as opposed to female V in previous trailer). (He literally says "Mr V") So its a different take by default, without necessarily re-dubbing.

They changed Victor's voice? I hadn't noticed. I really liked his voice in the 2018 gameplay, it was very calming and made me feel all warm and fuzzy lol.

It's hard to listen too in the newest demo with everyone else talking, but listening to it very closely his voice is definitely a bit lower. Not a deal breaker, but I am curious as to why they changed it.

Also, whats with the indoor sunglasses? lol

Top Bottom