Region-locked account issue

+
Hello all, I'm a long time witcher fan in China. I have all Witcher games both on console and steam. But I ran into a big issue just minutes ago, I have downloaded the Gwent game on IOS AppStore China market and logged in(I just love to have it on everywhere possible), now I am unable to log into my steam account, it says that 'this version of the game is not supported in this region.' I believe my account has been locked into the Chinese region only. I have searched everywhere for a support contact - phone or email, but there isn't any. I have been spending a lot of time and money on this game. And I really wanted my account back on the steam(I don't care if I can't play on the phone). is there any way or anyone can help me? Any feedback will be appreciated. Thank you all.

The support website can be found here:
https://support.cdprojektred.com/en...e/1495/issues-while-playing-the-game-on-steam (click on ”...contact us” to send a ticket)

However, my guess is that you will have to change your region on Steam too to be able to play Gwent,

Thank you for the help, I have submitted the ticket. My Steam account region is indeed in China, but I wish to re-enable my international account, as I read some post mentioned the Chinese version game has some alteration on the art.

Just last week I came from South East Asia to Europe, and had no difficulties with my account.

Do you have a GOG account? That was how I was able to synchronise everything, but I do not know about China specifically, obviously some of their rules are stricter, so maybe some of the synchronisation problems are specific to China?

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
[...] some of the synchronisation problems are specific to China?

The Chinese version of the game is different from the international version, on all platforms. This is what's causing the problem. You have to download the international version and your account need to be switched over. As for the latter part, I am unsure if users can do that themselves.

Just last week I came from South East Asia to Europe, and had no difficulties with my account.

Do you have a GOG account? That was how I was able to synchronise everything, but I do not know about China specifically, obviously some of their rules are stricter, so maybe some of the synchronisation problems are specific to China?
I do have a GOG account, but it's locked to Chinese region now ever since I used it to log into the iPhone Chinese version Gwent game. I can not switch back the account's regional restriction myself, that's the problem here.

Is there any solution to my issue yet? Feel like an aeon has passed since I can not log on to my account.

Is there any solution to my issue yet? Feel like an aeon has passed since I can not log on to my account.

You'll have to wait for support you answer your ticket. Also, don't forget to check your spamfolder.

Top Bottom