Returning player's suggestions - Base game and DLC *SPOILERS*

+
When the game arrived, I played 300h and since Phantom Liberty and 2.0 landed I got above 500h.
I've always started a full gameplay, all different lifepaths and several combat styles.
Here are some of the things that either needs fixing or would be cool to be added:

- During "The Ripperdoc" quest, when V and Viktor talk it sounds like V had already talked with Dex - this sounds weird, either fix the dialogs or switch part of the quest up, like after meeting with Jackie, go to Dex and then over to Viktor.

- Also... romances... you know what to do to make if not all, then most of the players happy. Just allow any options. Simple as that.

- Every lifepath should give an Iconic weapon at some point - especially for the Street kid one (the Nomad's car is so funny, I could leave that alone). That mission feel so not rewarding (the story of it is fine). My suggestion would be either to V or Johnny to spot Kirk's handyman's gun on the ground or the ganger who drops them should drop one.

- Since V's apartment's display section is already full (when not bugged), the house in Dogtown could have it's own displays - for the new Iconics from the DLC.

- Fix the weapons not appearing on the Display wall in V's apartment.

- I don't remember what Moron Label's previous Iconic modification was, but either revers it back or give it a new one - the one it has now makes it unplayable. Iconics should be either just better, or very good with a specific build - never meme items.

- The vendor in Dogtown, who supposed to sell "missed" Iconics really doesn't work - or the tip about him the game gives is misleading (Yeah, it's a bug, but there is nothing more to report, the Iconics are not there, period). I've never saw Doom Doom at him, for example, even after the Samurai reunion quests (I thought maybe I had to do the quest where I "could" get it). Also didn't see there Dodger's revolver, either. Neither Fang, after siding with Songbird during Firestarter. The Smart AR you can find during Gig: Roads to Redemption was missing, too. Also, I must say it: this vendor was an awesome idea! Loosing Iconics or going for a choice I wouldn't go with otherwise always felt wrong. If fixed, this Black market vendor will be one of my favorite addition.

- During the Firestarter quest, when I sided with Songbird, after reaching the point where I got back my stuff from the locker, I was able to go back to the meeting room where Alex had previously flatlined Hansen. There, I was able to loot the take-away box of Hansen's earthly possessions, the Bald Eagle and the Wild Dog, but not the Fang knife. I don't know which of this - me looting at the first place or not getting the knife - was the bugged part, but there it is. If the Black market vendor is fixed, I'm good with either version.

- Let us shoot normally without stamina again! This gameplay mechanic only good to break the flow of combat (and the "feeling" of the game itself, since we can have launchers in our hands, titanium bones etc. but you will have stick with bursts no matter which cyberware you install). Controlling weapon characteristics - like recoil, spread etc. should only be a matter of attachments, maybe some cyberware.

- Pedestrians should react better/more to the horn. It can be a bit annoying when I'm 10cm away from a dude, tires smoking and horning so hard that the maelstormers start to party to it five blocks away - and the dude just keep walking in his relaxed 5cm/h speed. I also failed some car theft missions when I accidentally hit one right before arriving - on time, by some miracle - and suddenly had to loose the police.

- Also for the npc-s: It would be good, if when talking with someone - for a quest, say with Takemura at the market - the npc-s who are passing by couldn't push V while they are talking or listening to the other person. Just make them go around or something.

- In the apartment, when placing the tank core you get from Phantom Liberty, please make it loose it's mark as a scannable/important object (whatever the yellow magnifying glass is supposed to mean). I get it that it can be used for Iconic weapon mods, but it's annoying to always has that tag.

- Could we get some more memorabilia from some quests? For example: like a belt or trophy or golden gloves for the Beat on the brat questline? V became a - maybe unofficial - boxing champ, give us something :) . If you have other/more ideas, go with it, these stuff are cool, too!

- Can Saburo's Dog Tag get it's meaning? Whatever it was supposed to be at the time. It just sits there. With that eyesore quest item tag. For the end of times...

- Taking down enemies quietly/unnoticed should raise the Shinobi skill, not the headhunter - would make more sense.

- It would be cool if electric doors could be opened via Intelligence skill checks, too - since the open door via scan option barley appears (compared what the game suggest in The Rescue mission, that it will be a viable option in the game), high Int characters are left on the side of the road until they get enough attribute points - again. Also, while some of the Body checks can be achieved with Gorilla arms, there is no such trick for Tech ability.

Will add more if I something comes to my mind.
All of the stuff above, naturally, should come after the real bugs have gotten purged! I just hope they'll arrive at some point.
Anyone who reads this, feel free to agree or disagree!

This point has been entirely proved (by fellow, more knowledgeable users) to be working as intended (so ignore it, nothing wrong with it), I just hadn't managed to reach it - I'll move it here, so the replies for it would make sense.
(- EDIT: According to a reply, this actually works as intended, I just didn't get it - most likely not enough "friendship" points. (Same inconsistency goes for the Holdin' On quest - when Kerry asks Johnny how his relationship with V is, he says not so good - irrelevant to how you talked with him.)

Last edited:
- Same inconsistency goes for the Holdin' On quest - when Kerry asks Johnny how his relationship with V is, he says not so good - irrelevant to how you talked with him.
Surprising :(
Because on my side, Johnny says "she love me!" and Kerry answers "I do not doubt it".
(I guess it depend how your relationship is or some previous dialogues...)

Surprising :(
Because on my side, Johnny says "she love me!" and Kerry answers "I do not doubt it".
(I guess it depend how your relationship is or some previous dialogues...)
Now that's weird. It would be good if someone could confirm that with a male V as well - that might be even weirder though, if that were the problem, but who knows.
If not, then I have absolutely no idea, how the game counts - for the lack of better words - relationship/friendship points for Johnny. There are no other indication I have gotten, to my knowledge, that isn't everything dandy (since that was my intention!).
But anyway, thank you, for enlightening me :) , I have never got a positive response there - but looks like it's possible, then.

Now that's weird. It would be good if someone could confirm that with a male V as well - that might be even weirder though, if that were the problem, but who knows.
If not, then I have absolutely no idea, how the game counts - for the lack of better words - relationship/friendship points for Johnny. There are no other indication I have gotten, to my knowledge, that isn't everything dandy (since that was my intention!).
But anyway, thank you, for enlightening me :) , I have never got a positive response there - but looks like it's possible, then.
Just a guess, but there are several times during which the dialogue options you picked up in the oil field count.

Like at the end of Samourai gig, if you didn't select the "right" option in the oil field, after V ask to Johnny :
  • V > "No more wish? Because I don't think I can take any more"
You didn't selected the right option :
  • Johnny barely answer by "no" (or something like that^^).
You selected the "right" option :
  • Johnny > No, but I kinda regret you agreed to do it.
  • V > What? Why? I though you will say, thanks V it was important to me!
  • Johnny > Yes it was important, thanks, but not more important than saving your life. So now, let's go find a way to save your life.
It's also the case during the endings (Sun/Star). If you didn't select the right option in the oil field, Johnny barely look at you and say almost nothing. But if you selected the right one, V can ask to Johnny why he doesn't even try to defend himself... And Johnny answer :
"Hey, I might learned few things from you too... That sometimes you have to let it go and keep your forces for a bigger fight"

Just a guess, but there are several times during which the dialogue options you picked up in the oil field count.

Like at the end of Samourai gig, if you didn't select the "right" option in the oil field, after V ask to Johnny :
  • V > "No more wish? Because I don't think I can take any more"
You didn't selected the right option :
  • Johnny barely answer by "no" (or something like that^^).
You selected the "right" option :
  • Johnny > No, but I kinda regret you agreed to do it.
  • V > What? Why? I though you will say, thanks V it was important to me!
  • Johnny > Yes it was important, thanks, but not more important than saving your life. So now, let's go find a way to save your life.
It's also the case during the endings (Sun/Star). If you didn't select the right option in the oil field, Johnny barely look at you and say almost nothing. But if you selected the right one, V can ask to Johnny why he doesn't even try to defend himself... And Johnny answer :
"Hey, I might learned few things from you too... That sometimes you have to let it go and keep your forces for a bigger fight"
I see now, thank you! I will edit my post.

Top Bottom