Risk Of Experimentation - A Point Of Understanding

+
I'm personally not surprised nor bothered with the issues this game has because of obvious reasons. You may ask what are they. Well, let's take a closer look.

1. New Design: It is the first time that devs are doing a game that is a first person game as well as a game that is closer to deus ex and gta series. This might have been a big hussle for the devs if they are not experienced in those fields. Also the cyberpunk setting and the modern elements. This ain't fantasy after all, right?

2. Custom Engine: 99.9% of the glitches, bugs, performance issues,etc. are the work of this baby here. You are like 200% more likely to encounter bugs when you develop on a custom engine. I can bet that there would have been way less issues if they made it on per say Unreal but they made a custom engine so that they can have more flexibility. It's likely that it will get polished in time. Good news is that they might use this RedEngine for never titles and it will have lesser issues cause of experience.

So, basically we all need to calm our titties here. Devs are obviously trying some new things and we should support them in this endeavor and give positive feedback instead of frustration and dissapointment. Imagine what they have been gone through in testing before release. Just yikes.

"Give him some slack, will ya?"

I've found it kind of reassuring to go back and read reviews about Witcher 3, because several of the bugs they mention finding in the 2015 release are similar to what I've encountered in CP. Cyberpunk will be so great for the people who play it in 2025!

The music, the art, the scope are just amazing in this game. That the competion. Is there any other GDR that compares? Only recent and decent GDR is Outer Worlds, but the scope is just so smaller compared this.

But I reiterate, it seems as if you're telling everyone to be quiet and accept it as-is rather than using the forum to report, share and respond to the issues that absolutely exist.
I'm not denying your claims. I just believe that devs also are avare of these issues as well. It's very likely that they realized the things they have planned and promised got bigger than they expected to handle which is common in not experienced new design. I'm just suggesting that we must give them the space to correct things.

I'm not denying your claims. I just believe that devs also are avare of these issues as well. It's very likely that they realized the things they have planned and promised got bigger than they expected to handle which is common in not experienced new design. I'm just suggesting that we must give them the space to correct things.

That's assuming devs read this forum AND can decide what they work on. Pretty sure nobody has said it was devs who caused this but management. Well, management doesn't hear anyone unless they're either: loud, show their anger with lawsuits and other exercising of rights, or shut off the cash flow.

As I see it, all of those are happening so there's hope management will care. Nobody has ripped on devs.

That's assuming devs read this forum AND can decide what they work on. Pretty sure nobody has said it was devs who caused this but management. Well, management doesn't hear anyone unless they're either: loud, show their anger with lawsuits and other exercising of rights, or shut off the cash flow.

As I see it, all of those are happening so there's hope management will care. Nobody has ripped on devs.
It is very likely that the unfinished release was a financial move to keep things going and they couldn't delay longer.

I'm personally not surprised nor bothered with the issues this game has because of obvious reasons. You may ask what are they. Well, let's take a closer look.

1. New Design: It is the first time that devs are doing a game that is a first person game as well as a game that is closer to deus ex and gta series. This might have been a big hussle for the devs if they are not experienced in those fields. Also the cyberpunk setting and the modern elements. This ain't fantasy after all, right?

2. Custom Engine: 99.9% of the glitches, bugs, performance issues,etc. are the work of this baby here. You are like 200% more likely to encounter bugs when you develop on a custom engine. I can bet that there would have been way less issues if they made it on per say Unreal but they made a custom engine so that they can have more flexibility. It's likely that it will get polished in time. Good news is that they might use this RedEngine for never titles and it will have lesser issues cause of experience.

So, basically we all need to calm our titties here. Devs are obviously trying some new things and we should support them in this endeavor and give positive feedback instead of frustration and dissapointment. Imagine what they have been gone through in testing before release. Just yikes.

"Give him some slack, will ya?"
Give slack? Sure all those may be true but if they knew that, then you dont go ahead and release it knowing full well you havent even got your own game figured out. You hold it back OR be up front before releasing it. Its not so much the issue of bugs imo. Its the deceit and blatant lies simply so they didnt lose sales.

I agree with what you said on some issues. Execution problems with mechanics can be acceptable, such as unbalanced crafting system, problems with missions, bugs etc. With enough time and feedback from the players, they are all fixable.

But I think the real problem is how they advertised the game and what they delivered. Don't get me wrong, I loved the game. Some people compare this game with Anthem or ME:A but it's way better and good game. But the problem is not coming from there. It's all about last gen and unfilled promises.

In alternative reality where they don't have any problem with last gen consoles and delivered some of the most advertised features, we might just make fun of the bugs and glitches and admire the Cyberpunk for keeping their promises. But this is not the reality. :)

Give slack? Sure all those may be true but if they knew that, then you dont go ahead and release it knowing full well you havent even got your own game figured out. You hold it back OR be up front before releasing it. Its not so much the issue of bugs imo. Its the deceit and blatant lies simply so they didnt lose sales.
It was a reference of what V said to Kirk, lmao.

Top Bottom