sad

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased this game a year ago. I was waiting for her. when it came out - I spent all my hours customizing my character's look. that's all. then I ran it only to check new patches - my FPS was too low (1080ti) , and I can not enjoy the game to the fullest. today I read the statement of the head of the CD Project that they are satisfied with the stability of the game, and I realized that I can never play it, since there will never be stability. I have not played this game, I have tested patches. request a refund. please understand me, I can't wait any longer. I have not played this game and I never can. I'm tired of waiting.

I purchased this game a year ago. I was waiting for her. when it came out - I spent all my hours customizing my character's look. that's all. then I ran it only to check new patches - my FPS was too low (1080ti) , and I can not enjoy the game to the fullest. today I read the statement of the head of the CD Project that they are satisfied with the stability of the game, and I realized that I can never play it, since there will never be stability. I have not played this game, I have tested patches. request a refund. please understand me, I can't wait any longer. I have not played this game and I never can. I'm tired of waiting.
https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/o8j2tk
See the replies on what he ACTUALLY said. I love that gaming "journalists" are now treating Google translate as an acceptable source.

Well, if you don't want to reduce your graphic settings and the FPS is too low for you you need a better graphic card. Personally I played it fine with a 1060 gtx 6 gig. My FPS meant I couldn't play the knife build I wanted but I could play most other builds just fine. I had textures on max but most set to medium or low

this is unacceptable, they should reopen the refunds, hell they never should have closed them in the first place.

"we reached a level of performance where we can start implementing changes to the general systems that players have been complaining about, while continuing to work on bugs and visual glitches"
no matter, I'm tired of waiting, and I doubt that the performance in the next six months will be at an acceptable level. I expected that the situation would improve at least a little in the six months after the release, but this did not happen. I paid for a game that I can't play. all I do is launch the game with new patches. check fps and close the game until the next patch. it's not even funny anymore

Last edited:
Honestly I don't know what you expected with your old card. Just... lower the settings and enjoy the game? Depending on your resolution, I'm pretty sure you can achieve 50-60 fps with a mix of high/medium. Also lower crowd density to low, helps a lot especially if you have an older CPU. Or just, you know, buy a new computer (joking, I know the market is crazy right now with the chips crisis).

"we reached a level of performance where we can start implementing changes to the general systems that players have been complaining about, while continuing to work on bugs and visual glitches"

Hope that's true. The only way CDPR can somewhat save their reputation, at this point, is to start changing the fundamental aspects of the game people are disappointed with, and meanwhile work on addons and dlcs. Lots of players are already forgetting about Night City, it won't be easy to win the gamers' trust again. I just hope they're fully invested in it, and for the love of god, they should start communicating with the community and be more transparent about what they are doing.

Last edited:
If correct, thought if you have less than 25 hours played, you can file for a refund. Don't know if that still counts, though. Believe Sony's refund service was halted. Don't know about the other platforms.

no matter, I'm tired of waiting, and I doubt that the performance in the next six months will be at an acceptable level. I expected that the situation would improve at least a little in the six months after the release, but this did not happen. I paid for a game that I can't play. all I do is launch the game with new patches. check fps and close the game until the next patch. it's not even funny anymore

I do not defend them and I do not believe a single word, there is no need to misrepresent what they say.
If correct, thought if you have less than 25 hours played, you can file for a refund. Don't know if that still counts, though. Believe Sony's refund service was halted. Don't know about the other platforms.

only on consoles.
In the case of PC the first weeks but there were more obstacles if you pre-ordered it or with the Steam policy.
When they came out to say that we trust them that it will be solved soon ( reason why I did not return it ), no one imagined an average 7 months in limbo with no communication with us.

Honestly I don't know what you expected with your old card. Just... lower the settings and enjoy the game? Depending on your resolution, I'm pretty sure you can achieve 50-60 fps with a mix of high/medium. Also lower crowd density to low, helps a lot especially if you have an older CPU. Or just, you know, buy a new computer (joking, I know the market is crazy right now with the chips crisis).
what did i expect? some improvements for so many patches. like any other player. my card is not so old that at high settings I could not get at least 50 fps. the problem is not with the video card at all. if they cannot meet the needs of the players and make a quality product, let them return the funds to us. that's what I'm asking for. I spent the money, and now, due to their mistakes, I have to wait a year for the game to become stable. I'm not even talking about other game issues that most players complain about.
if any of the staff reads this thread, please write to me

what did i expect? some improvements for so many patches. like any other player. my card is not so old that at high settings I could not get at least 50 fps. the problem is not with the video card at all. if they cannot meet the needs of the players and make a quality product, let them return the funds to us. that's what I'm asking for. I spent the money, and now, due to their mistakes, I have to wait a year for the game to become stable. I'm not even talking about other game issues that most players complain about.
if any of the staff reads this thread, please write to me
but yeah it is. Your card is good for plenty of games but for the latest running bleeding edge technologies it's not going to be able to run on max settings with 60 fps, especially at 1440. dial back your graphics. You cannot expect what you are expecting with any sense of realism. The problem you are facing is going to get worse as you progress. RTX is a huge advancement in graphic tech that leaves the old GTX cards standing (I played on a gtx 1060 for 6 months quite happily) you are expecting too much from your hardware and blaming the software when it fails to deliver.
Post automatically merged:

try tunning with these settings
Super helpful, but I'm formatting the settings to make them more readable.
  • Nvidia sharpening 60
  • Film grain off
  • Chromatic aberration off
  • Depth of field on
  • Lens flare on
  • Motion blur low
  • Contact shadows off
  • Improve facial geometry on
  • Anisotropic 4
  • Local shadow mesh medium
  • Local shadow low
  • Cascaded shadow range low
  • Cascaded shadow resolution medium
  • Distant shadow resolution low
  • Volumetric fog high
  • Volumetric cloud medium
  • Max dynamic high
  • Screen space reflection high
  • Subsurface scattering high
  • Ambient occlusion medium
  • Colour precision high
  • Mirror quality medium
  • Lod high
  • Dynamic FidelityFX CAS on
  • Target frames 60
  • Minimum resolution 65
  • Max resolution 70

Last edited:
I have just 1080, not Ti. The game runs fine in ultrawide 1440p resolution. Sure, graphics are not set on max everything, but the Night City still looks amazing.

I'd say you should either tone down the settings or look for bottlenecks elsewhere. Too little ram? Old CPU? Hard disk, not SSD?

I really don't understand this, I am running a Zotac GTX 1080 Ti / 11 GB and I am not having any real issues. Yeah, there are things I have turned down or off but the game still looks awesome and quite playable. Further, I'm running my primary or main at 3440 X 1440 and a second monitor at 1920 X 1080. The settings listed above my post are a good place to start. I'm running an average of 55-65 FPS

Here is a good video to watch, this guy explains everything and this video he is using a GTX 1070. Hoped this helps.

At first, I'll admit, I thought you were a troll. I'm running a 1080ti myself until prices get back closer to their MSRP and I'm getting a solid 50-60 FPS with almost everything maxed out and unless something else was bottlenecking, it made no sense. Heck, I'm getting even better FPS with the graphics downgrade but that's another story.

So I took a tour through your posts, only 9 of them so it was fairly quick and I get the feeling you're genuine.

This is your issue:

i play on 3440p

Expecting a four years old card to run brand new and demanding games on such high resolution is unrealistic. I used to be a staunch defender of CDPR and giving them time, not so much anymore, but in this case... In this case, it's you who needs to lower your expectations of what your hardware can do.

Last edited:
Sorry, but you have to face reality : this card is 2 gens old, and you're trying to run the game at 3440x1440. I know ultrawide is very fun and immersive, but you have to make some compromises if you don't have a more recent card. There's no magic way around that.
was it 1440p or 3440p?

It seems that I fell into some kind of sect of people who blindly believe in the company and in the game. One half of you say that my pc is already too old, the other half say that everything is fine with them, or they have reduced the settings to the level of minecraft. But nobody talks about the only problem - poor optimization. This is fact and reality. The essence of the topic - I'm tired of waiting for it. That's all. I created a thread hoping to get in touch with some of the staff to discuss the issue of refunds for the unfinished game, and not to discuss which settings I should lower or which video card to buy in order to play this unfinished game now.

My only problem is that I was in a hurry with the pre-order. I had to wait at least a year for the developers to be able to bring the game to perfection, as was the case with the Witcher, or any other game that had a ton of bugs and optimization problems at the start of sales.

If you are satisfied with this state of affairs, great, go by this thread and fill further on your comment counter in another topic. I'm looking for someone from the staff.

Thanks for the video and settings btw. It seems that I am wasting my time here and I will not see any of the company employees here. I just wanted to say how tired I was of waiting, but at least got a couple of tips on graphics settings. Previously, my mix of settings with acceptable graphics (medium/high) produces about 40 fps, in six months I will return to this game, and if there is still no optimization (and I doubt that the money will be returned to me), then I will definitely use these tips.
There's no magic way around that.
this magic way is called good optimization
on such high resolution is unrealistic
yes, if the developers were not in a hurry with the release (problems with consoles, a ton of bugs, optimization)

It seems that I fell into some kind of sect of people who blindly believe in the company and in the game. One half of you say that my pc is already too old, the other half say that everything is fine with them, or they have reduced the settings to the level of minecraft. But nobody talks about the only problem - poor optimization. This is fact and reality. The essence of the topic - I'm tired of waiting for it. That's all. I created a thread hoping to get in touch with some of the staff to discuss the issue of refunds for the unfinished game, and not to discuss which settings I should lower or which video card to buy in order to play this unfinished game now.

Yep, that's not going to happen via forums, sorry. You can contact CDPR Technical through their website of course, but this is a Community forum for the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom