Save File Cannot Be Downloaded from Cloud

+
Just recently purchased on PC and trying to access my saved file from xbox. On the xbox everything appears to be saving to the cloud correctly, and every attempt so far to open the file on PC returns a Cross Progression Error prompt stating the save file could not be downloaded from the CLoud.

This is rather frustrating, any advice on how to resolve this issue? Beginning to feel like I just spent 80 dollars just to restart the game in its entirety which I'd rather just get a refund than doing...

On your Xbox, it's a recent save? I mean, not one created months ago?
If it's an "old" one, try to create a brand new one in case.
Then can you try if it work in the opposite way?
Start a new game on your PC, save as soon as possible and check if this save is uploaded and if you're able to see and load it on your Xbox.

Going to try your recommendation now.

To answer your question: Yep. I opened it up, and made sure to save it recently. The file is from this morning, and I've read it takes sometime to upload to access from a reddit post. But so far over 5 hours later and none of the 3 recent saved files on cross play are able to load. Will report back on your suggestion.

Going to try your recommendation now.

To answer your question: Yep. I opened it up, and made sure to save it recently. The file is from this morning, and I've read it takes sometime to upload to access from a reddit post. But so far over 5 hours later and none of the 3 recent saved files on cross play are able to load. Will report back on your suggestion.
As far as I know, if the little "cloud icon" on the save is checked, the save is on the cloud. No need to wait ;)

Then that would mean the error is cd project red server side? Not sure why I can't download my save from the cloud...

Then that would mean the error is cd project red server side? Not sure why I can't download my save from the cloud...
Yep, quite weird :(
If you didn't, maybe add exceptions in you AV or Windows Defender, for all Cyberpunk folders (in particular the one which contains your save).
And in the other way, it work? PC > Xbox?

Think I may have figured out the issue. When I attempt to load the new game PC save file to xbox, it says that the PC version is a newer version of the game. However, there is no xbox update version available for cyberpunk.

Issue is Xbox version is on 1.61 where PC is 1.63...
Post automatically merged:

Going to look into that as well.

Think I may have figured out the issue. When I attempt to load the new game PC save file to xbox, it says that the PC version is a newer version of the game. However, there is no xbox update version available for cyberpunk.

Issue is Xbox version is on 1.61 where PC is 1.63...
Post automatically merged:

Going to look into that as well.
Ah ok, it's a XB1 version of the game :(
Yes, old gen didn't receive the last update and so is "outdated". Let's hope old gen will be updated along the 2.0, to at least being compatible, but knowing the changes which will come in the next 2.0 update, I'm not very confident.

But in theory, you should be able to load a 1.61 save (PC/console) on your PC (while the opposite is impossible).
So it work from PC to Xbox, you see your PC save on your Xbox, you can "try" to load (which indeed is impossible).

Is there a way to install 1.61 on the PC so I can access my xbox file to the PC?

I am thinking if xbox one gets cyberpunk 2.0, then it will automatically sync up when both are 2.0.

I really hope there is some guidance on whether the old gen consoles are going to eventually get 1.63 or 2.0 because otherwise what would be the point of having such a limited cross progression feature...I wish there was some answer to this now, so I can either start the process of getting a refund now or will know that next week the matter is going to be cleaned up..

Is there a way to install 1.61 on the PC so I can access my xbox file to the PC?
If you're on GOG, maybe.
I say maybe because I'm not sure the 1.61 is still available to install. You can take a look by disabling auto-update in the game management in GOG, and check the older versions available.
I am thinking if xbox one gets cyberpunk 2.0, then it will automatically sync up when both are 2.0.
Yes, but bunch of changes introduced by the 2.0, like Police Overhaul, new skill trees and so won't be available on old gen anyway.
So they might make 1.61 from XB1 compatible, but you won't be able to return on XB1 anyway. It won't be a cross-progression anymore, just a "save transfert".
For more infos, I suggest to directly contact the support ("contact us" button).

PS : It's just me and my own opinion, but the changes the 2.0 update will introduce are totally worth starting a brand new playthrough. It won't be the same game. I have tens of playthroughs since release, but I'll restart a new one, that's for sure :)

If I had the time I would do a new play through. I've done 3 playthroughs on the first version of the game bugs and all. Returned to it this week just to get ready for the expansion and now dealing with the prospect of not being able to play at all!

i also want some of my weapons acquired from the saved files because of investments in crafting.
i just read an article that xbox one will not be getting 2.0 or the expansion so it appears I may not be able to get the matter resolved.

Going to try direct support contact before I request a refund. Hoping this can get resolved somehow.
Thanks for your help.

I just returned for 2.0 and started having this issue between PC and new gen Xbox. It let me initially load a save from my Xbox. But stopped working after that. The saves show up but are never checkmarked.

I got the same issue here. the cloud icon is checked on ps5 side., but when I tried to download the data to my pc, it appeared to be unchecked. really weird. I can use the pc data on ps5 though.

I got the same issue here. the cloud icon is checked on ps5 side., but when I tried to download the data to my pc, it appeared to be unchecked. really weird. I can use the pc data on ps5 though.
Having similar issues to this, I cannot download the save to PC from Steam, it was working fine about 2 weeks ago but now i am unable to download the newer saves from PS5 to PC, both are in version 2.12

Top Bottom