Shadow Warrior 2

+
It's funny how Techland (polish developer of Dying Light) is doing the Publishing part in certain regions in europe and not Devolver xD
I don't think the price for this Collector's Edition is known yet, at least I can't find it.

PC version details, confirmed by a dev on the Steam forums:

No Denuvo or any form of DRM

Uncapped FPS, Variable refresh rates available

21:9 Ultrawide support

Controller support

Uses DX11

Sli support

Customizable crosshair

Resolution scale slider

FOV slider

Playing at 1080p ( at ultra settings ) FPS rates are= 660 - 40 fps / 970 - 60 fps

Texture quality = 2 gb - High textures / 4 gb - Ultra textures

You can turn off almost the entire HUD and Ui if you want

You can disable and edit chromatic aberration / lens dirt / motion blur / DOF / lens flare

Steam Cloud support

Linux and Mac versions are upcoming. No support at launch.

Crossplay with GOG players

Coop is 100% optional

That is pretty much all of the checklist huh? :) Maybe minus Vulkan support. But still, that is pretty damn good. I should get the game for sure.

Yeah, I suppose they'll use OpenGL on Linux, since they are mostly basing it on in their engine used in SW1 (updated one), so it's not a major engine rewrite, but as long as it performs well - it's good. May be their future games will use Vulkan.

---------- Updated at 01:22 AM ----------

Also, Leszek Godlewski is working in FWH now. He is a known Linux games developer, quite possibly he is working on SW2: https://twitter.com/theinequation

I appreciate that they are working on the Linux version in house. CDPR should learn from them.

: https://twitter.com/theinequation

I appreciate that they are working on the Linux version in house. CDPR should learn from them.

To be honest, I think the same. FWH gives the PC platform a bit more love and for the most part, their games are far more technically sound and bug free, particularly on release. Of course their titles are less complex and they aren't rewriting the engine for every game, but they have some top notch coders and designers. I wish they'd run forums so players could get a chance to interact with them, becasue they don't post on GOG, and only place I ever see them respond is Steam. The team has basically tripled in size as well, so who knows, they could become the next big Polish dev, offering a bit of competition to CDPR.

Last edited:
Game has gone gold.

Prepare yourself for the greatest Wang of our time.

Which engine is this running ?

Road Hog Engine. Their own tech.

I don't get it. The visuals and effects look bad in that video. The level art seems very sparse. I see some vids that look great and some that look like shit. But nothing looks as good as Hard Reset, and that game is ancient by now. I know visuals aren't the most important thing but I'm confused as to what this will look like at launch.

cyseal

I watched it. SW2 features both dark fantasy and cyberpunk themes. In this preview build is not yet known how are this two connected storywise.
It has dark humor and it's fast paced game.

Oh, Ameonna is confirmed! And Xing is back in some kind of robotic frame. Good trailer. I don't mind paying full price, but I'll wait for the Linux version, hopefully it won't take long.

Last edited:
IGN gave it 8.6, which is high praise from a site that probably doesn't know an old school FPS from an adventure game. The review itself is half assed. I've noticed the mainstream sites have avoided the magnificence of Lo's Wang. They don't give it the attention it needs.

Well I'm starting over on medium after about 3 hours on hard. I just don't have a grip on the mechanics and upgrade system yet. A few thoughts:

-not sure if their random level generator is an improvement or not. Hunting for secrets seemed a bit more interesting in the last games. Being bigger as well, I dunno. It's bigger but more empty.

-the menu theme song is brilliant. So good. I wish the rest of the in-game scores were that good.

-super polished controls and gameplay. Even better than before, and that's saying something.

-story and humor not as good so far. Fortune cookie humor is average at best, and most often they're inspirational quotes from famous historical people. Really fucking lame. I can't believe they did this.

-Lo Wang is still funny and his VOs are top notch. Kamiko is decent, not great.

-big departure systems wise from their last games. It really is Diablo in a shooter. Each time you die, you get penalized xp and money. It's a checkpoint system now, no quick saving.

-best movement and melee I've ever experienced in a FP game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom