So, what does Night City sound like?

+
wow grimes being lizzy wizzy is a great surprise. that was exactly who i was wishing for when all the lady gaga rumors came up. i always thought grimes would be the perfect fit for her. does that mean the music she sings in the game are going to be credited as lizzy wizzy and not as grimes?

Usually when you sign up as artist with a PRO [ Performance Right Organization ] you basically sync your name to the copyright of your song's parts ( arrangement, composition, lyrics, production ecc.. ) . In the game you'll hear Lizzy Wizzy but everytime you'll hear that it'll be Grimes who takes the cash. Awesome artist by the way.

That Grimes song isnt bad.

Its really odd mix of artist at least there should be plenty of variety in music.

[...]

Edited. -Drac

Last edited by a moderator:
I like them both.

I got this strange feeling but they really really wanted to go out of the box with soundtrack it seems, might end up good or bad.

I'm sure the music will be awesome in the final cut of the game. CD Project never fails.

Does classical music still exists in CP universe?
I kinda assume because of the Corps there is some of it. And if so, how does it sound the classical of 2077?

Does classical music still exists in CP universe?
I kinda assume because of the Corps there is some of it. And if so, how does it sound the classical of 2077?

That’s what I’m interested in hearing too. Do people still listen to Bach or Vivaldi, Shostakovich, Chopin....? What would classical music of that setting sound like?

It would produce an interesting contrast to the very busy techno world that’s so filled with and befitted for busy sounding rock and machine music.

That’s what I’m interested in hearing too. Do people still listen to Bach or Vivaldi, Shostakovich, Chopin....? What would classical music of that setting sound like?

It would produce an interesting contrast to the very busy techno world that’s so filled with and befitted for busy sounding rock and machine music.

Beside the interest in hearing how classical music sounds in 2077, I am also curious if it's listened only by the Corps.
Do you get to hear predominant classical music when you are in the Corporate district or when you meet corps, or the lower classes have ears for it too?

How does classical music fits with the 'rebel against the system' mentality of people outside Corporations.

Beside the interest in hearing how classical music sounds in 2077, I am also curious if it's listened only by the Corps.
Do you get to hear predominant classical music when you are in the Corporate district or when you meet corps, or the lower classes have ears for it too?

How does classical music fits with the 'rebel against the system' mentality of people outside Corporations.
I suspect that classical/baroque/romantic music would be a convention of the rich, and not really listened to by the lower classes, both due to taste and accessibility.

I suspect that classical/baroque/romantic music would be a convention of the rich, and not really listened to by the lower classes, both due to taste and accessibility.
Classical music is classical music. There's no reason it shouldn't sound the same in 2077 as it did in 1777.

Was pretty unfamiliar with these musicians, but after making a Spotify list full of the top songs from each of them (as well as the SAMURAI songs) and putting it on shuffle has been pretty awesome, getting psyched!
link -> Cyberpunk 2077 Preview Playlist (Spotify)
If anyone knows songs by these groups that should be on the list and isn't please let me know!

Ok so the personal opinion upon testing this playlist

Run the jewels - not music
Refused - bad rock
Grimes - uninteresting pop
Asap rocky - not music
Gazelle twin - uninteresting electronic noise
The new regime - gutless pop
Richard devine - more electronic noise
Nina Kravitz - electronic... ambient music? Not for me anyways.
Locus error - uninteresting electronic noise
Deadly hunta - reggae, god no
Rat boy - Soulless "Im only in it for the money" pop (the songs all sound the same in the middle, check it out)
Tina Guo - Cello stuff. I like some of her work, but this is not music I associate with Cyberpunk.

There is absolutely nothing for me to connect with here.

EDIT: Elaboration: There is a distinct lack of ROCK in this list. The essence of rock is attitude, and there is no attitude in any of the above, except Refused and Tina Guo but they lack in other areas. I would've thought that there is no fictional universe more associated with rock than cyberpunk, because of the attitude thing, but somehow this list came to be.

Last edited:
I've been listening to the most famous songs of these artists in the last few weeks and ,even if I tried a lot to like them, it's a huge no. Not a single song (tina guo is not bad, but on youtube it's mainly covers of other songs...). And the more I listen to the 2 samurai's songs, the more I find something "wrong" about them. Probably because music sounds like rage against the machine while voice sounds like a cheap version of early '90s grunge, 2 genres I love separately but together sound very wrong to me. One is very energetic ("I want to destroy the system"), the other sounds "lazy" and depressed ("I'm a frustrated teenager with no future and want to kill myself"). I hear this huge contrast I personally dislike. :shrug:

Now, the good thing is that there's plenty of different genres, so the city will feel more real. And the fact that maybe CDPR hasn't given full freedom of creativity to those artists who were asked to make music that will fit in the cyberpunk theme. Not particularly optimistic about this being the case, but I want to believe.

What I did like are the in-house songs made by CDPR you can hear in the demos, like during combat or in the scavenger's place before getting to the girl in the bathtub. What is weird, that's a genre I tend to dislike while I love rock music in almost all its nuances, but it's exactly rock what has disappoined me so far about the soundtrack.

An artist I liked in my "cyberpunk music journey" is DJ hyper, who has made the song from the announcement trailer and it seems like (?) he's not in the game. Such a bummer.

Refused - bad rock
Asap rocky - not music
Rat boy - Soulless "Im only in it for the money" pop (the songs all sound the same in the middle, check it out)
Tina Guo - Cello stuff. I like some of her work, but this is not music I associate with Cyberpunk.

EDIT: Elaboration: There is a distinct lack of ROCK in this list. The essence of rock is attitude, and there is no attitude in any of the above, except Refused and Tina Guo but they lack in other areas. I would've thought that there is no fictional universe more associated with rock than cyberpunk, because of the attitude thing, but somehow this list came to be.

That attitude you are talking about is very present in Run the Jewels & Rat Boy has a fair bit of it too. This list is really quick to pigeon hole these bands, and looks like rap & reggae weren't even given a chance, and there's absolutely 0 chance that they won't influence the future's sound. I won't lie, I wouldn't make this list on my own, I fell in love with Tina Guo's stuff, Rat Boy I think is fun and is about as close to punk as I've encountered for the past 20-ish years (Punk is dead, long live Punk), but I don't think any of these are as cut and dried as this. Grimes for example, she's subverted pop with some very non-standard borderline industrial flourishes, 10 years ago she would have been opening for Lords of Acid or My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult. Sure Devine is no cEvin Key or Richard D. James, but a few of the songs are decent, and I think he, Kravitz, & GT could produce some really cool stuff for this with the right direction. The New Regime is closer to prog rock than it is "gutless pop", and even then they have several different sounds between songs that gives them a bit of genre fluidity, a trait they share with almost everyone on this list.

Truth be told, each of these artists are fairly varied, as the world of Cyberpunk should be, and we have no idea what capacity their music will be in the game. We know that last year CDPR announced they are working on custom music for the game, we also know that Grimes is a character in the game so chances are her songs will be new, I would not be surprised if many of these artists are producing new music made with CDPR to fit the game. So many visions of Cyberpunk is just matrix trench coats flapping to a numetal playlist and it is boring af. I would rather not love any of the songs, but get a variety of music that matches the inevitable variety of the future than get some confined & monotone list of solid bangers.

Grimes and Rat Boy have some decent songs imo, the others just sound meh at most.

But you guys are getting it wrong, probably their line of thought is: choosing music that fits the cp universe, not necessarily stuff that sound good.
There is plenty of shitty music out there and inside cp77 is just no different, the cp universe is kinda fucked up as well as most of the music that is in there.

A bit too late now for CP2077 I imagine, so I now totally want this guy to make a cameo in a sequel.

Imagine strolling through Japantown & this guy's cyborg avatar is sitting on a street corner, jamming out as the occasional pedestrian tosses an eddie into a bucket. Some stuff goes down & your edgerunner is running & gunning with that as the soundtrack...
Post automatically merged:

Refused - bad rock
Asap rocky - not music

Grimes may not be your cup of tea but some of her stuff would definitely be right at home in Cyberpunk.

Last edited:
That attitude you are talking about is very present in Run the Jewels & Rat Boy has a fair bit of it too. This list is really quick to pigeon hole these bands, and looks like rap & reggae weren't even given a chance, and there's absolutely 0 chance that they won't influence the future's sound. I won't lie, I wouldn't make this list on my own, I fell in love with Tina Guo's stuff, Rat Boy I think is fun and is about as close to punk as I've encountered for the past 20-ish years (Punk is dead, long live Punk), but I don't think any of these are as cut and dried as this. Grimes for example, she's subverted pop with some very non-standard borderline industrial flourishes, 10 years ago she would have been opening for Lords of Acid or My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult. Sure Devine is no cEvin Key or Richard D. James, but a few of the songs are decent, and I think he, Kravitz, & GT could produce some really cool stuff for this with the right direction. The New Regime is closer to prog rock than it is "gutless pop", and even then they have several different sounds between songs that gives them a bit of genre fluidity, a trait they share with almost everyone on this list.

Truth be told, each of these artists are fairly varied, as the world of Cyberpunk should be, and we have no idea what capacity their music will be in the game. We know that last year CDPR announced they are working on custom music for the game, we also know that Grimes is a character in the game so chances are her songs will be new, I would not be surprised if many of these artists are producing new music made with CDPR to fit the game. So many visions of Cyberpunk is just matrix trench coats flapping to a numetal playlist and it is boring af. I would rather not love any of the songs, but get a variety of music that matches the inevitable variety of the future than get some confined & monotone list of solid bangers.
I think you'll find a lot of folks in this forum, haha, are a little crass towards things just to save face.

Top Bottom