Spider and the Fly too difficult in Very Hard (Hacking build), level 28

+

Surma.

Forum regular
Disclaimer (edited in later)
I got past this point but it took like 50 tries, and I've never had to struggle this long in any scenario in any other part of the game ever. It felt very punishing due to the rushed nature, where you're basically fighting against time not to be swarmed and shot down. It's VERY good scenario but coming unprepared to this could probably end other players chances of ever getting further into the story.

The rest of the post:
I'm playing on very hard difficulty and I just feels seemingly impossible to get past the point where you go down elevator to museum and get into this open place to be invaded from like 4-5 doors.

I can get 3-4 down but I just get swarmed by enemies who shoot me half health with shotgun if I even just peek behind corner with aim and they stand like 20-30 meters away far beyond range I would use with shotgun, they take like 5 headshots to kill with pistol. Okay granted I'm specced netrunner but I have ton of armor from some clothes and some cyberware armor bonuses from tech.

I try weapon glitching, disrupting enemies with grenades, run around to each new corner to avoid being swarmed and it just feels I don't have enough damage to take these enemies out.

I get it's very hard but this feels like impossible difficulty at this moment. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Had slightly similar experience with the boss before movie theatre (Sasquatch?) where I just felt like I did way little and boss did too much, but at least she was avoidable by simply running and movement impairing, following with 4-6 double shotgun blasts on face.

But this fight (the expansion mission) feels like every enemy has 33% to 50% of health of that boss. I don't know why it's so hard, when there's plenty of enemies outside before the elevator that go down from 2 headshots.

Maybe if I could use cyberpsychosis quickhacks this mission could be doable but I don't think I have means to escape and get to ripper doc. I don't think I saw any in dogtown either so far, and maybe it's due to the mission.

Any tips?

Last edited:
I'm playing on very hard difficulty and I just feels seemingly impossible to get past the point where you go down elevator to museum and get into this open place to be invaded from like 4-5 doors.

I can get 3-4 down but I just get swarmed by enemies who shoot me half health with shotgun if I even just peek behind corner with aim and they stand like 20-30 meters away far beyond range I would use with shotgun, they take like 5 headshots to kill with pistol. Okay granted I'm specced netrunner but I have ton of armor from some clothes and some cyberware armor bonuses from tech.

Any tips?

I ran to the far end of the room and hid underneath the balcony (side they enter from). They didn't see me for some time, and I was able to take out the first couple, and then get it manageable. It wasn't easy - I've spent a lot of time reloading saves since I wasn't built enough for combat - but I did get through it.

Cheers,
Merric

Surma.

Forum regular
I am at the same point as you and I hoped you had some tips as well. However, I think we just have to wait for someone else with more experience.
Weapon glitch is good help against taking damage which is a big must, but outside of that I don't have many solutions. I've not seen grenades having much impact but maybe flashbang could work.

Also I don't know if it's a bug but I can't seem to see any tier3 or above grenades when I'm sure I've looted at least 2 tier 4.
Post automatically merged:

Nvm seemed like grenade was just recipe, crafted 12s 80% flashbang hopefully gets job done

Also smart shotgun with tons of armor penetration seems to do a lot of damage for some reason, way more than my rifle.

Especially the explosion damage from environment seems to work excellent if you manage to knock enemies down. Zoom with scan vision and aim pipes should knock them down, but it's risky because you're there in open.
Post automatically merged:

I'd like to update that I just got past that point, and holy moly, was that close I didn't die, had probably close to 50 attempts and was about to give up since enemies kept coming and coming.

Seriously something needs tweaking since that felt almost brutal. Maybe it's easier with Sandevistan builds but with someone specializing hacking I have to burn all RAM + health to just get a single enemy down. It's been working fine when I do it outside this scripted fight but being forced against so many I have to burn all the tools in exactly perfect order, disabling weapons, knocking them down with bombs, have talents for 3 bombs and 3 healing items, probably had healing up 50% of the fight I feel like. Had to be so lucky in several occasions, and few enemies in particular who took like 20 shotgun blasts to the face before dying. I even disabled cyberwear thinking I could cut their armor down and thus would go down easier but didn't seem to have much impact.

Last edited:
Top Bottom