[SPOILER ALERT] Funny story inconsistencies

+
-When Johnny Silverhand is escaping Arasaka Tower after planting the nuke, Adam Smasher knocks him off the landing onto the floor below then blasts him with an arm cannon. Then, abruptly, we flash to Johnny on the roof about to get away in the helicopter. How did he escape Smasher?

-During Panam's mission to capture Hellman, her and V create an EMP blast by overloading a power station. After that fails, she pulls out a bazooka that does the trick of knocking out the transport. Why didn't she just use this from the start? She would've been able to communicate with the other Aldecaldo's to tell them to stay away, too.

-Anyone else notice Maiko's side gig of Joytoy of Jig-Jig Street?

Last edited:
After that fails, she pulls out a bazooka that does the trick of knocking out the transport. Why didn't she just use this from the start.
Kang Tao VTOL could have some sort of countermeasure systems, scrambing up missile's homing device or even some sort of laser-based anti-missile defense. To defend against possible attack by MANPADS missile systems.

Kang Tao VTOL could have some sort of countermeasure systems, scrambing up missile's homing device or even some sort of laser-based anti-missile defense. To defend against possible attack by MANPADS missile systems.

That would've defended against the bazooka, yes, but I was referring to the EMP blast that was used first. Even if the transport had a defense against that, the game did a poor job explaining what was going on.

I like this thread. Good, casual, harmless discussions.

-When Johnny Silverhand is escaping Arasaka Tower after planting the nuke, Adam Smasher knocks him off the landing onto the floor below then blasts him with an arm cannon. Then, abruptly, we flash to Johnny on the roof about to get away in the helicopter. How did he escape Smasher?
Perhaps Johnny's perception of the events which went down are just... Messed up? I do remember at one point being told that Johnny's memories (that we take part in) are just his recollection, that being however he remembers certain things. It's a metaphor maybe? Idk... Just guessing.

-During Panam's mission to capture Hellman, her and V create an EMP blast by overloading a power station. After that fails, she pulls out a bazooka that does the trick of knocking out the transport. Why didn't she just use this from the start. She would've been able to communicate with the other Aldecaldo's to tell them to stay away, too.
I figured using the bazooka was a last resort. Several times V mentions to Panam "we need the dude alive & talking," to paraphrase. So maybe once the EMP failed to down the AV, V just accepted that the bazooka was the only other option with the extremely limited time they had. Let's face it, it was.

Maiko has a side gig available on Jig-Jig Street? Or she has Joytoys working for her?

There are some "odd" things in the game story, like:

A) Rogue says to V (if you go to the Afterlife) that he/she works alone because after the job with Dex went south, people don't trust him/her. But then, even before knowing about Silverhand, she hires you to do some gig for her (depending on what order you're playing the game). It's at least strange.

"You're not trustworthy, so nobody will work with you, but, you know what, if you want a job, you're hired"

B) I find very odd how V invades Eurodyne mansion, start using his guitar to play Samurai songs, and when confronted, tells him he/she is his former band member (which only mistreated him, btw), talk about the engram (which is obvious to the player and for V, but should sound like a totally insane technobabble to an artist), and suddenly he is very friendly and talk openly about the past.

In the other hand, nobody, except Eurodyne knows that V is (something like) Silverhand. This one is not "wrong", but it's very strange.

"You invade my property, but because you allegedly is Silverhand, we're friends now, mate"

C) Saburo died strangled by his own son, but curiously nobody checked his corpse, saw any kind of mark, and everyone magically accepts that he was poisoned. Not even Smasher (security boss) took a careful look into Saburo's body.

In the other hand, when LW killed her "love interest", when V enter the room, as soon as he/she sees the corpse, there's an option where he/she automatically shouts something like: "You strangled him! How dare you?"

"My boss, the most powerful man for decades, just drop dead with clear marks of strangling, but it was poisoning, of course"

D) V and Jackie were clearly seen by Trauma Team, and Arasaka Security, that shoots at them, and that makes them jump from Arasaka Skyscraper, but, strangely enough, nobody recognizes him/her as a former employee (if you play corpo), nor anyone cared to record even a glimpse of V's and Jackie's face before jumping from the roof. A security system that didn't care to record V's and Jackie's face (is that right?).

So when you go by Arasaka Tower, nothing happens, nothing at all, even Hanako doesn't recognize you, she know about you because Takemura talked to her.

Not only nobody recognizes you and Jackie, but there is no signs that someone in Arasaka is trying to investigate Saburo's death, except for Takemura. Not even Hanako - which was a beloved daughter and the feeling, as it was said, was mutual.

Guard 1: "Isn't that the guy who we saw fleeing from Arasaka tower after the boss died?"
Guard 2: "Are you kidding me? That guy was wearing a tuxedo, this one is with a golden cowboy hat, red hobo jacket, green sleevless shirt, blue skirt, and purple high heels, jumping around like a crazy guy testing new legs."
Guard 1: "Yeah, putting it like that... pfff... what am I thinking? Jesus...."

E) Nomads rob a tank from Militech. They send an army to recover it. They fight, and change their location by 1000 meters.

Militech: "That's it folks, I guess we'll never know where they are know, even if they have a giant camp outside Night City, and are hiding a freaking gigantic tank, it's impossible to know their location. No merc, spy or sattelite could find them, nope, better give up now"

That's why Arasaka is always messing with them.

Well, that's the ones I could think now.

B) I find very odd how V invades Eurodyne mansion, start using his guitar to play Samurai songs, and when confronted, tells him he/she is his former band member (which only mistreated him, btw), talk about the engram (which is obvious to the player and for V, but should sound like a totally insane technobabble to an artist), and suddenly he is very friendly and talk openly about the past.

In the other hand, nobody, except Eurodyne knows that V is (something like) Silverhand. This one is not "wrong", but it's very strange.

"You invade my property, but because you allegedly is Silverhand, we're friends now, mate"
God this bothers me still so much. The whole relationship with Kerry is so superficial.
Some random ass punk breaks into your mansion, grabs one of your guitars and starts playing a tune anyone could learn. And your's first reaction is "Jhonny?". Come on man... that is one of the laziest way of going about it...

Glifu

Forum regular
C) Saburo died strangled by his own son, but curiously nobody checked his corpse, saw any kind of mark, and everyone magically accepts that he was poisoned. Not even Smasher (security boss) took a careful look into Saburo's body.
After papa died he become boss. And in such corporation i would not try to undermine his authority. If it is not enough in the same room were two guys who were there to take blame for murdering.

D) V and Jackie were clearly seen by Trauma Team, and Arasaka Security, that shoots at them, and that makes them jump from Arasaka Skyscraper, but, strangely enough, nobody recognizes him/her as a former employee (if you play corpo), nor anyone cared to record even a glimpse of V's and Jackie's face before jumping from the roof. A security system that didn't care to record V's and Jackie's face (is that right?).
When Victor gave V new Kiroshi he told that it built in face-cover tech, that will make him unrecognizable for all sort of tech. (but body posture and height could be still a problem), and Jackie... don't have that problem anymore.
And if you sent cab with his body to Victor, Arasaca will get him, so i guess they could found out who was HE at least.

E) Nomads rob a tank from Militech. They send an army to recover it. They fight, and change their location by 1000 meters.
Those who attacked camp was Wraiths (who were framed into "the ones who stolen tank"), not militech - at least in my gameplay. So no tech, satellites etc. And in game mechanics it wouldn't be fun to drive to that camp literally 2 hours.

I think that's to illustrate Johnny is an incredible badass.

-During Panam's mission to capture Hellman, her and V create an EMP blast by overloading a power station. After that fails, she pulls out a bazooka that does the trick of knocking out the transport. Why didn't she just use this from the start? She would've been able to communicate with the other Aldecaldo's to tell them to stay away, too.

Presumably the only reason it worked was because the EMP weakened the transport.

It's another Asian woman.

In the other hand, when LW killed her "love interest", when V enter the room, as soon as he/she sees the corpse, there's an option where he/she automatically shouts something like: "You strangled him! How dare you?"

Well, Goro obviously knows he's not been poisoned. Adam Smasher doesn't care.

Goro knows if he said that, Yorinobu would probably go, "Adam, kill him."

"My boss, the most powerful man for decades, just drop dead with clear marks of strangling, but it was poisoning, of course"

I feel that is actually pretty well explained.
First Takemura obviously didn't buy Yorinobus lie at all. Thing is he was alone in a room with him and Adam Smasher and he is 100% loyal to Yorinobu. Starting something right there would have just ended in him getting killed too. That's why he begins searching for you and ends up being labeled a traitor too.

You have to play the Arasaka ending to get the rest of the context. Apparently nobody really believed Yorinobus lie. There was never an official investigation though because everyone just became a straight opportunist and thought Saburos death would be their chance to increase their own power and influence. Well they all paid the price for their foolishness in the end.

I feel that is actually pretty well explained.
First Takemura obviously didn't buy Yorinobus lie at all. Thing is he was alone in a room with him and Adam Smasher and he is 100% loyal to Yorinobu. Starting something right there would have just ended in him getting killed too. That's why he begins searching for you and ends up being labeled a traitor too.

You have to play the Arasaka ending to get the rest of the context. Apparently nobody really believed Yorinobus lie. There was never an official investigation though because everyone just became a straight opportunist and thought Saburos death would be their chance to increase their own power and influence. Well they all paid the price for their foolishness in the end.
Tbh... thinking on it... Saburo owes us. If not for us, the power balance might have never shifted in Arasaka, giving him the opportunity to steal his son's body. I really wish the game would allow us to play a more corrupt corpo/opportunist kinda character.
I hate that even though we live in night City, apparently playing by it's rules is not really our forte...

Tbh... thinking on it... Saburo owes us. If not for us, the power balance might have never shifted in Arasaka, giving him the opportunity to steal his son's body. I really wish the game would allow us to play a more corrupt corpo/opportunist kinda character.
I hate that even though we live in night City, apparently playing by it's rules is not really our forte...

Well you can side with Haruko, Johnny Silverhand and Rogue, or yourself.

You can betray multiple clients (Lizzy vs. her manager), solve quests multiple ways (Militech, Maelstrom's boss) and more.

I don't really get what people want or will be satisfied with.

Well you can side with Haruko, Johnny Silverhand and Rogue, or yourself.

You can betray multiple clients (Lizzy vs. her manager), solve quests multiple ways (Militech, Maelstrom's boss) and more.

I don't really get what people want or will be satisfied with.
To be able to make a meaningful choice regarding to V's future. None of those choices really matter for the progression of the main story. Obviously with the endings you get a slightly different combat experience, but the results are all the same.

There is actually a Corpo dialogue line when talking to Saburo that says that you want to repay your debt and put things right and he responds with that you are on the right path then. Hanako also says in her call that she and her father would like to offer you a job so clearly Saburo hasn't forgotten about you too.

I know what you are getting at though. I too like to play more morally questionable characters because lets face it. The dark side (of the force) is just way more fun. Unfortunately we have to live with what we are given and right now this is the best we can do.

I think that's to illustrate Johnny is an incredible badass.

I think that there was some kind of boss battle planned at this point , where you would fight Smasher and perhaps even get some insight into his relationship to Silverhand. The fight would probably end with Silverhand disabling Smasher in some way and then make his way back to the stairs. But because something wasn't ready, the fight got cut out and now we have this awkward jump ahead.

I think that there was some kind of boss battle planned at this point , where you would fight Smasher and perhaps even get some insight into his relationship to Silverhand. The fight would probably end with Silverhand disabling Smasher in some way and then make his way back to the stairs. But because something wasn't ready, the fight got cut out and now we have this awkward jump ahead.
Yeah that would make perfect sense tbh. That jump is just so off putting.

To be able to make a meaningful choice regarding to V's future. None of those choices really matter for the progression of the main story. Obviously with the endings you get a slightly different combat experience, but the results are all the same.

What do you define as a meaningful choice?
Post automatically merged:

Eh, I got the impression it was deliberate. You assume Johnny gets his ass kicked by Smasher but, no, he actually won and escaped but only dies due to being on the helicopter and thus a floating target.

Eh, I got the impression it was deliberate. You assume Johnny gets his ass kicked by Smasher but, no, he actually won and escaped but only dies due to being on the helicopter and thus a floating target.
Ehm... that's kinda exactly what I said...?
The fight would probably end with Silverhand disabling Smasher in some way and then make his way back to the stairs.
You know, the good old Gandalf-and-Balrog-trope.

What do you define as a meaningful choice?
Post automatically merged:

I already know you just gonna shut it down as unrealistic expectations, but here I go:
Choices for example that help Jackie survive. Or agreeing to side with Evelyn behind Dex's back actualy have an impact. Or siding with the netwatch to confront the Voodoo boys. Or be able to offer your services for Arasaka in exchange for a permanent cure. Or have the option to go out in an actual blaze of glory on V's terms.
Basically I'd like to have longer term consequences on the story based on choices. I know there are a couple. Bust most things boil down to the few choices at the beginning of the last act and how far you are in Panam's Jhonny's and Judy's quest.
Really the story before the point of no return is railroaded on the same streetkid story.

But this is getting off topic here.

Top Bottom