Stop drawing conclusions when CDPR openly states that things are placeholders and subject to change.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ll use this, dont read if u dont complet the game

Judy only alternates between two endings, between two endings, one tragic, the other, pathetic. But they are minor decisions, to what the game was proposing. And in the end, only the scenario changes. Ridiculous!
Post automatically merged:

The 'game of the decade' defined by this:

We summarized the 'game of the decade' in 'different lines of dialogues' at the end ... with the same logic, scenarios ... and an empty, lifeless, boring map, with nothing more to say because the company wants to sell DLCs ...

Thankfully, no other game has done this before ... and CP 2077 is or could be anything but an or LESS RPG. In my view.

First, pretty sure your spoiler is incorrect. Pretty sure there are more then two endings with Judy unless you are just specifically talking about her side questline.

Second, ya totally agree with you. There's totally never been a game company say something and not do it or only partly do it. There's totally never been a game before that has bombed its launch day. There's totally never been a game's development messed with by corp rats. Ya, you are spot on, no other game has ever done this before.

Third, you clearly have no idea what an RPG is if you think Cyberpunk 2077 couldn't be less of one.

Forth, gamers only have themselves to blame for enabling this kind of behavior over the years. Companies do this because it WORKS and it works because most gamers fall so easily pry to corpo hype and then can't wait to buy tickets and climb on the hype train. I have no sympathy for those who ride the hype train for forever are they always disappointed when it reaches it's destination.

I personally think Cyberpunk 2077 is an amazing game. I have loved ever minute of the 160+ hours I have played it so far. But then I didn't ride that hype train so I never had unrealistic expectations about what the game might be. Like Johnny says, "You can never trust a corpo." Time gamers learned that.

Last edited:
First, pretty sure your spoiler is incorrect. Pretty sure there are more then two endings with Judy unless you are just specifically talking about her side questline.

Second, ya totally agree with you. There's totally never been a game company say something and not do it or only partly do it. There's totally never been a game before that has bombed its launch day. There's totally never been a game's development messed with by corp rats. Ya, you are spot on, no other game has ever done this before.

Third, you clearly have no idea what an RPG is if you think Cyberpunk 2077 couldn't be less of one.

Forth, gamers only have themselves to blame for enabling this kind of behavior over the years. Companies do this because it WORKS and it works because most gamers fall so easily pry to corpo hype and then can't wait to buy tickets and climb on the hype train. I have no sympathy for those who ride the hype train for forever are they always disappointed when it reaches it's destination.

I personally think Cyberpunk 2077 is an amazing game. I have loved ever minute of the 160+ hours I have played it so far. But then I didn't ride that hype train so I never had unrealistic expectations about what the game might be. Like Johnny says, "You can never trust a corpo." Time gamers learned that.

Everything you write must be referring to others, not what I wrote. First, I have more time than you in game, that, in fact, means nothing - I have more than 200 hours now and I will go on for two hundred more. But, my immersion, I create.

The problem with getting into a debate on the internet is that we often 'catch the train walking'. I never had 'hypes', nor am I old enough for that, I know what a game is because I work with it (with development). Notion about RPGs, personal criteria, I have mine, you, yours ... for me, whatever. The CD had theirs - it proved to know nothing. What I knew, left the company in 2017. I know that the base of the game is good, absolutely incomplete to what they proposed. As I wrote before here or elsewhere, the vast majority of planet Earth, including game critics, people who live in that environment, agree on something: a game that was meant to be the game of the decade, has not proven to be more than the sequence of something to sell easily, with a poor content, a poor linear history, full of mechanical problems precisely because it was designed like this (to sell easily and therefore, also, the fiasco around the game on other platforms). An 'accident' never has a simple reason for existing, it is a cascade sequence, between causes and consequences (several that add up, or coincide).

About making games and enjoying making games': the one who made 'fun' and 'jokes' about other people's games or other companies was the CD in their DLCs or expansions and on Twitter, BUT, nothing like' one day after another ', criterion of practice is always a criterion of truth, whatever.

And yet, all of this is a point of view ... nothing more and which, obviously, for obvious reasons, will be solemnly ignored by the CD. business, business, friends apart. Nothing but money.

And, again, the game has a good foundation due to the effort of its developers, exclusively, in my view (abstract from here directors)

You know, we seem to run into each other a lot on here lol. So much in fact we should be best friends by now haha. :)

Everything you write must be referring to others, not what I wrote.

Quite possible. Wouldn't be the first time I miss read something on here. Sorry if that is the case. :)

But, my immersion, I create.

I as well. Best way to game in my opinion.

And, again, the game has a good foundation due to the effort of its developers, exclusively, in my view (abstract from here directors)

Agreed

You know, we seem to run into each other a lot on here lol. So much in fact we should be best friends by now haha. :)

Quite possible. Wouldn't be the first time I miss read something on here. Sorry if that is the case. :)

I as well. Best way to game in my opinion.

All good, relax. Are 'points of view' in a constructive way. Cyber was my dream since 1982 ... (Blade Runner) to live, to experience that. My 'hype' wasn't born in 2012 ... nor did I watch interview videos, whatever. About trailers, I wrote on youtube, on the CD page: 'I think the human element is missing'. I knew they had taken a dubious direction when they released that 'car' trailer (who wants to be moved by that?). The previous trailer, gameplay, pure shooting* in a world that I did not identify as 'cyber', here the personal taste for more 'bucolic' climates. Nothing pointed to the human factor. And, unfortunately, I was right to some extent.

They are subjective impressions that are added to technical problems by precipitated decisions by the CD. They assumed that, about 'underestimating' (platforms).

I cheer and I want to see CP be the game of the decade, I know that they, CD, have a good team for that. But I ask: who wants to dare, risk, bet?

In 2006 I saw my dream come on the scene in EVE Online (when they incorporated the headquarters), but they removed it (CCP) years later.

Here we are debating more about conceptions and ideas.:

Last edited:
I cheer and I want to see CP be the game of the decade, I know that they, CD, have a good team for that. But I ask: who wants to dare, risk, bet?

Having now felt like I have lived somewhat in this world now. For a chance to have more time, meaningful time, with Judy, Panam, Mitch, River, all the others, and Night City. I would. I would dare to dream. To dream of what CP could truly be and hope to see it, having only gotten a glimpse of it potential.

Sure. If you skip Stout, the Maelstrom quest in the prologue is completely different. The Judy questline with Clouds has two totally different endings depending on if you go along with Maiko's coup. Sending Jackie's body to home or victors has a pretty big consequence for his consciousness and your relationship with Mama Wells. If you do the Panam, Rogue or Johnny sidequests, you get very different final mission and ending options. Several of the gigs have choices that result in whether certain NPCs live or die. Doing the main quests in different order results in different dialogue options. The lifepath choice has unique dialogue throughout the game. Your stats also have unique dialogues throughout the game that can sometimes result in better outcomes.
Hey Rawls, I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you not on what you has used as an example but as to what it means (Or doesn't) in the overall sense. Most of the the examples you used sure do indeed "lead to different paths" but in no big branching way as I and many others have believed would happen from the game's marketing. We can debate semantics and people believe what they want, but let's use the endings for example, so SPOILER warning for reading ahead.

For a game that was mostly "marketed" even up until November as the rags to riches kind of story where V would make it's story through Night City and branch it in meaningful ways, there are really only 3 outcomes, you either:
- Die before Mikoshi
- Die assimilated by Alt and let Johnny do his thing (Robbing V of his future) or by signing the Arasaka contract
- Go with the Nomads and die in six months, or stay in Night City and die in six months.

If the game was to truly have branching out quests and a story, we mean literally different endings (I'm not going to touch the whole Johnny having become the focus of the story due to reasons rather than V theory, that's not the focus of the thread).
For example as Corpo V somehow contact Arasaka's rivals and do missions for them and have an ending where V would go away for a while to have the chip removed or analyzed and become a corporate boss, or Nomad V joining the Aldecaldos and instigating a rebellion in Night City and having an ending where the city becomes a truly free city or something.
Now I'm going to be fair here, I have only played Nomad so far, but I can say from my point of view the Life Path dialog that opens changes almost nothing, it's mostly a few details here and there that don't seem to change in any way the outcome of any quest. That's not true branching out, it's a branch sure, that loops right back to a linear ending or outcome with no seeming lasting effect on the overall story, just maybe the mood of some characters.

Hopefully I managed to express how I and I believe some others feel with what we perceive as "illusion of choice" in this game and why we are disappointed in the way it panned out.

Having now felt like I have lived somewhat in this world now. For a chance to have more time, meaningful time, with Judy, Panam, Mitch, River, all the others, and Night City. I would. I would dare to dream. To dream of what CP could truly be and hope to see it, having only gotten a glimpse of it potential.
Just like you can only get to level 50, game feels half done. Shoulad been 100 for both street cred and level.

Not sure why this was necroed when it's massively outdated. By well over a year.
Besides, we have several topics -- up-to-date ones -- you can use to discuss the topic.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom