Strange performance behavior

+
Yesterday i played for the first time with Patch 1.12 and noticed a strange performance behavior.
Usually the game runs at 70-80 FPS constantly with spikes to over 100FPS in small empty areas like elevators or small houses
and few drops to around 60 FPS in very busy areas like streets and parks with lots of npc`s.
But after playing for a while - like 3-4 hours - the game will drop the FPS to around 35FPS constantly and in all areas.
My System is running fine the whole time, temperatures and usages of CPU, GPU, RAM and VRAM don`t change when the Game is dropping to 35FPS.
(Monitored with HWinfo and RTSS OSD)
Restarting the game fix the problem but after 3-4 hours it will drop to around 35FPS again.

My System:
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5,0GHz all core
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2070 Super OC running at 1980MHz Boost Clock
32GB G.Skill TridentZ 4000MHz CL18
500GB Samsung 970 EVO m.2 nvme SSD (OS, Driver etc)
1000GB Samsung 970 EVO m.2 nvme SSD (Games)

Game Settings:
WQHD 1440p
All Settings: "High"
RTX: Off
DLSS: balanced

First culprit i would think of is something thermal throttling, but it doesn't seem to be the case since you said you monitor temps with hwinfo which is probably the best app for that nowadays.

Maybe it has something to do with ram utilization and paging files but even then it's a wild assumption... I reckon that only happens with cp2077?

Could be overheating, but for CP I suspect more a memory or resource leak.
I restart the game (actually all games) about every hour. This keeps the FPS stable and I have less other bugs (Works also very well for AC Valhalla ;) ).

For me okay, every hour a 5 - 10 min break is quite good. Move your legs a little bit and relax the eyes.
(And the computer can cool down, too)

I have the same issue from time to time. I have to reboot the game to bring the framerate back to normality. It usually happens when I visit many interiors and go back to the city. Maybe the game cannot "flush" unused resources properly. I also play with a 3080 ultra/psycho settings, dlss quality, 1440p.

It's a GPU memory leak, I thought it was fixed a bit ago, maybe it came back? I had it happen when I was using my trusty old gtx 980ti, ~60-70 fps with optimized settings @1080p but it would dip to around 35-40fps after 1-3 hours, haven't had it happen with my shiny new RTX 3070 though (even though it's performance seems...gimped somewhat)

Top Bottom