Super Hard on every difficulty, did I break something?

+
Cyberpunk has become so difficult on every difficulty its almost unplayable, a couple missions after the first mission the difficulty shot up and I cant seem to do anything about it. All of the difficulties are the same for me, I die just as fast on Easy as I do on Very hard, so I just play on very hard to get better loot, but now I am level 30 and level 50 Street cred with close to 900 armor and getting 2-3 shot depending on what weapon the enemy has. I have the best mods and armor that I have access to but it doesn't seem to make a difference I am constantly upgrading my armor and switching to better armor if I can find some, but it might as well be made of tissue paper for all the good it does. I made my character a long time ago before the 1.6 update and only recently started playing past the prologue, could my character just be broken?

Attachments

• Cyberpunk 2077 (C) 2020 by CD Projekt RED 6_27_2023 12_39_36 AM.png
    Cyberpunk 2077 (C) 2020 by CD Projekt RED 6_27_2023 12_39_36 AM.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 118
In theory, at these level the game should be rather easy even in very hard difficulty :(
Do you use (or used) mods ?
Just for infos, armor isn't as protective as many think. 100 armor decrease the damage received by 1%. So with 830 armor, it simply reduce damages you receive by 8.3% which is not much (i.e if a sniper shoot you for 800 dmg, your armor don't save you^^)

After it depend of your build, if you didn't really invest in BODY, your character can be rather weak in open combat. In any case, at level 30, except against high level enemies, you should be as deadly as enemies (so you can die in few hits, but you also kill in few hits).

Some zones will be too high a level for you. especially for multiple attackers. I found this out by attacking people behind El Coyote Cojo bar recently.

Armour isn't as good as people think. They altered the amount you have and didn't change the calculation for damage absorption.

In theory, at these level the game should be rather easy even in very hard difficulty :(
Do you use (or used) mods ?
Just for infos, armor isn't as protective as many think. 100 armor decrease the damage received by 1%. So with 830 armor, it simply reduce damages you receive by 8.3% which is not much (i.e if a sniper shoot you for 800 dmg, your armor don't save you^^)

After it depend of your build, if you didn't really invest in BODY, your character can be rather weak in open combat. In any case, at level 30, except against high level enemies, you should be as deadly as enemies (so you can die in few hits, but you also kill in few hits).

You got all of your answers in there.

If you use or have used mods in the past and have no started a new character or a clean install as per CDPR's instructions, you may have broken your save and altered values permanently regardless of mod removal.

If not, well, @LeKill3rFou's explanation of armor is spot on. You are rather squishy at 392 HP so I assume you didn't invest much in BODY and don't have any of the cybernetic enhancements for health. It looks like you went for an armor focused glass canon but with armor being what it is, it's not exactly a tanky build.

Update. I deleted my old character and started a new one. And so far, I've had 0 issues, I had about 12 or 13 body at the time when I posted this, 10 or 11 athletics and 13 technical ability, 10 Intel and 7 or 8 cool. I also wanted to say that I almost ever went against red skull people or highly dangerous because I would die too quickly so i just started avoiding them. I'm really bummed. I had to delete my character in order to fix this. But it seems to have been the right thing to do so far.

At some point, I tended to be bashed a lot till I discovered I could mod clothing to beef up the armor. It was a game changer back then. If you have old saves, you could go back there and compare the stats of new vs. that character.

Top Bottom